Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Well, despite what I said a few pages back, someone offered me a free ticket to see JoJo Rabbit in the cinema so I'm going. It looks really bad but hey, free is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Well, despite what I said a few pages back, someone offered me a free ticket to see JoJo Rabbit in the cinema so I'm going. It looks really bad but hey, free is free

It's good.

Imaginary Hitler does not play as large a role as you'd think from the trailer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wicked world is the prodromal schizophrenia fyad tried to warn us about

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PostNouveau posted:

This movie they're watching seems pretty bad

It... wasn't good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

It... wasn't good.

Harsh. Everyone's a critic these days it seems

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Somebody is writing a really angry thinkpiece about how John Boyega is literally the devil at this very moment.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I recognise those faces. Well done!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I always knew Quentin Tarantino was a hack fraud, the boys found the source of his editing style.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I like how the sister (not)fucker character says 'it's the 90s'. So good.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
So in 1917, Did he only walk like 3 miles? They didnt really give you a good since of scale on how far he had to walk.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

luchajones posted:

So in 1917, Did he only walk like 3 miles? They didnt really give you a good since of scale on how far he had to walk.

It was the equivalent of walking down to the corner store.

I'm sensing this wasn't the movie of the year?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

mallratcal posted:

It was the equivalent of walking down to the corner store.

I'm sensing this wasn't the movie of the year?

The movie fine. Some tense scenes but nothing overall amazing.
I guess Lucas did base the Storm Troopers off the Germans cause they couldnt hit poo poo either.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

luchajones posted:

I guess Lucas did base the Storm Troopers off the Germans cause they couldnt hit poo poo either.

There's a scene where a German soldier is chasing Tommen Lannister through like an empty plaza which was so comically bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

luchajones posted:

tbf i think there's a statistic that before the pentagon realized you had to train people to want to murder other people that something like 25-30% of soldiers either refused to fire or fired to miss

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If more people just stopped charging when you fired a warning shot we could stop having wars altogether!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
3 miles in WW1 is a long loving walk.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Phi230 posted:

There's a scene where a German soldier is chasing Tommen Lannister through like an empty plaza which was so comically bad

Tommen is in it? I kind of want to see it now.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf i think there's a statistic that before the pentagon realized you had to train people to want to murder other people that something like 25-30% of soldiers either refused to fire or fired to miss

I also enjoy Hardcore History

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just had a great idea for a TV show

it would be a celebrity lookalike competition but only for one celebrity

it would be called

Cher and Cher-alike

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.discogs.com/Shoji-Tabuchi-Rove-Retters-From-Shoji/release/6954627

:stare:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What a Friend we have in Shoji.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
shoji tabuchi is like a trey parker character come to life

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

jesus loving christ

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's not racist, that's how they talk. /End Rich

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'll end rich alright. I'll end the poo poo out of him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

It's good.

Imaginary Hitler does not play as large a role as you'd think from the trailer.

I genuinely hated it. I think Taika is a terrible actor and director, he lets actors away with far too much.

If you're gonna do a comedy about Nazis, you should really go for it and show them for the scum they are but this pulled so many punches.

Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

So what you're saying What We Do in the Shadows was a fluke.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I genuinely hated it. I think Taika is a terrible actor and director, he lets actors away with far too much.

If you're gonna do a comedy about Nazis, you should really go for it and show them for the scum they are but this pulled so many punches.

Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I mean, mostly the Nazis in the film spend their time training child soldiers. That's not hosed up enough?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, mostly the Nazis in the film spend their time training child soldiers. That's not hosed up enough?

I think the stuff at the start in the Hitler youth camp was the best , which is like the first half hour and then that gets a backseat for a long time. It felt like the plot just ended half an hour in.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
If you want to see an amazing nazi comedy, watch Look Who’s Back (er ist wieder da). It’s a german movie that’s on Netflix

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good episode for what looks like a terrible movie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol how is this movie real.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

movies like this at least make sense to me because on set it'll seem like any other microbudget movie with no one having any reason to raise concerns

the real insanity comes out in editing where one man's fever dreams can become our reality

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hands-over-face count at an all time high on this episode.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, Wicked World looked not just unwatchable but also unlistenable, the sound mixing's almost as bad as Birdemic.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

hard counter posted:

movies like this at least make sense to me because on set it'll seem like any other microbudget movie with no one having any reason to raise concerns

the real insanity comes out in editing where one man's fever dreams can become our reality

Keep in mind everyone thinks they're nailing their lines and they're viewing the world in stunning 128k HD while believing there will be some kind of film magic that makes everything look like their imagination.

Then they actually watch it and it's like hearing your own voice on a tape recorder for the first time times a million.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

yup and by then it's already too late

must be weird seeing, right before you, your career simultaneously peak and also hit its very lowest

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1215854487002177537?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Little Women is really good, one of the best movies of the last year. Has a moment that cries out for a Curb Your Enthusiasm music drop.