Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Jaded Burnout posted:

If anyone wants to make any tweaks or improvements now's the time. When you're happy with the final version see if you can shrink them down to max 180px on any side, and max 150KB, approx, as those are the limits on avatars which while we don't strictly need to adhere to but it's not a bad rule of thumb.

Once they're posted I'll get them uploaded. Please let me know which tag(s) you all personally want and I'll get them done for you. Note that it's effectively just an avatar text change, so I'm limited to the max text size of 300 characters, including URLs.

If anyone really wants to use an image that didn't win, I'd be OK helping you out with that if it's in a category with no winner, but I don't think we should have two floating about for the same category.

I've been sick so I got behind on the thread but I shrunk this down a tad:
180x38 82KB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Kitbashers for me, thank you!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

If I'm thinking of updating my avatar should I do that before gang tags or does it not matter??

It shouldn't matter, but when I inquired about this whole process an admin recommended people update their avatars first.

Basically, the "gang tag" part of this is just the text below your avatar, even though they're images, so if you went to change your main avatar afterwards, you'd just keep the text the same or tweak it or whatever.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

well I am ready for a fresh new style in tyool 2020

ps I want inferior designers and also ohms lawyers because it kicks rear end

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

well I am ready for a fresh new style in tyool 2020

ps I want inferior designers and also ohms lawyers because it kicks rear end

This is going to make for a very tall avatar

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I've taken copies of all these tags, thanks for that. They're all acceptable sizes and weights.

Is anyone making any further changes to slatflippers or fly/crash/repair?

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I'm here for the perennial pals.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

No changes to fly crash repair from me.

Looking to get:

Fly Crash Repair
GroverHausParty
Hot Ends

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

Perennial Pals for me too!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Can I be inferior designer please

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I took the liberty. Hope that's ok.

I messed with scale a bit and it looks ok down to about 70% size, but it starts to get messy. Handily, full size is 179 pixels on the longest side.

Edit: god drat it it didn't attach

Edit 2: I'm glad it didn't because I missed that there was also an extra pixel of bevel or whatever you wanna call it on the left.

Looks good, I'll take one.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

OK so what I'm hearing is we have final versions of everything. I'm setting a Monday morning deadline (whenever I get to it) for requesting tags, then I'll start submitting them.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
obviously I'd appreciate having Haus Party applied

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jaded Burnout posted:

OK so what I'm hearing is we have final versions of everything. I'm setting a Monday morning deadline (whenever I get to it) for requesting tags, then I'll start submitting them.

I'm weirdly stoked.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've never had a gangtag before. Let alone one that's an .stl file that I could get 3d printed in gold and wear as a chain.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I'd like this one, please

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Kit bashers for me please if it's not too much effort.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I'd like Kit Bashers and Hot Ends please.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I officially need Born 2 DIY thanks so much.

Did "this Grover Haus"not make it? Because that's my #2

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 11, 2020

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Inferior Designers, please.

I also love fly crash repair but I don't actually do any of those things. It's just a neat tag.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Kit bashers for me please.

I'd like the Born to DIY one too since it owns so much, but I'm not active in that thread.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Symetrique posted:

I'd like the Born to DIY one too since it owns so much, but I'm not active in that thread.

That's me too. I lurk, but have no pretensions to being an even marginally competent DIY-er at the level of stuff that gets discussed there.

Same for StudFinders, even though I designed it. I can hang things on walls, but nuffin beyond that.

(But plants are my friends, so I'm hoping for Perennial Pals.)

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 12, 2020

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

TofuDiva posted:

That's me too. I lurk, but have no pretensions to being an even marginally competent DIY-er at the level of stuff that gets discussed there.

Same for StudFinders, even though I designed it. I can hang things on walls, but nuffin beyond that.

If it speaks to you as a member of the wider community then I say go for it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol just lol if membership demands competence

it's 2020 just say you identify as a diy thread poster

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Not like we even have a "DIY" thread to speak of.

peanut, bad news on your ohm's lawyers tag, it's been vetoed on account of it'd make your posts way too tall when combined with the other tag(s).

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ok not like anyone else wanted it lol
maybe my next avatar… or a probe tag if ya want it

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

ok not like anyone else wanted it lol
maybe my next avatar… or a probe tag if ya want it

If you fancy you could make a shorter version, that would be fine. Rule of thumb seems that 180px height is acceptable for all tags and text combined, so using that one as-is would eat up all the "reasonable" space, leaving no room for your inferior designers tag. Effectively it's OK to double up the normal avatar height but going further than that might be considered taking the piss.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Fabricators for me please.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

TofuDiva posted:

Do what you feel and feel what you do. No one is going to question if you're "good enough" to have the tag!

peanut posted:

lol just lol if membership demands competence

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

born to diy and haus party please and thank you.

if it's too tall you can get rid of my animals one.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Thanks, everybody, for the positive vibes!

Thus emboldened, I would like to have Perennial Pals and DIY please :)

edited for grammar

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 12, 2020

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Model making/ kitbashers for me please!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Requests closed. I'll start issuing them now.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

nashona posted:

Fabricators for me please.

I need to get this one uploaded, remind me in a day or two if everyone else's pops up and yours doesn't.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah I officially need Born 2 DIY thanks so much.

Did "this Grover Haus"not make it? Because that's my #2

Wasabi we're gonna have to modify your existing tags to fit this in. What would you like removed / rearranged?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

OK I've submitted requests for everyone that asked. Please let me know if a few days go by and nothing happens, or if something happens and it's wrong. A couple of you have what I assume are very old HTML titles rather than bbcode ones and I don't entirely know if they'll gently caress up.

If anyone wants to join a gang in the future, you can add tags through the normal avatar purchase system by adding one or more of these (with the img tags) as text in your title. As always, don't take the piss, or a mod/admin may take unilateral corrective action.

code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/kitb.png[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/haus.png[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/diytag.png[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/slatfl.png[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/hotends.gif[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/hbros.jpg[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/fcr.gif[/img]
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/perennie.jpg[/img]

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Am I a hammer bro?

edit: gah it messed up my av.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Just posting to say thanks. Quick question though, the formatting on my "of a full load" text seems to be hosed up, along with my av. Do you happen to know how I'd fix that?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

hell yeah I am born to DIY

Thanks Jaded Burnout!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Ghostnuke posted:

Am I a hammer bro?

edit: gah it messed up my av.

AFewBricksShy posted:

Just posting to say thanks. Quick question though, the formatting on my "of a full load" text seems to be hosed up, along with my av. Do you happen to know how I'd fix that?

I thought this might happen. I'll submit fixes now.