Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
1) Pokémon Sword

i lied, i didn't beat the goose game first this year.

Pokemon was fun. I can see why some people hate it but it was fine enough for me as someone that doesn't get into competitive stuff. i dunno if i'll do the pokedex yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yakuza 6 - Platinum.

Lame ending and end boss.

curse
May 25, 2019

heck
1) whispers of a machine
2) disco elysium (for the second time tho)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bernie Ending yet again I hope.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
1) Monolith "Power Eternal" ending, normal mode

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dragon Quest XI

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1/8 Sokoban Land DX - Pretty no frills box pushing. A lot of the puzzles were made symmetrical which just kinda pads out the puzzles without making them any more difficult. There were a few good challenges in there but nothing that stumped me more than a minute or two.

Edit: oh i beat Gris as well, i guess.

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 9, 2020

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3) Octopath Traveler

I finally went back and finished this after like a year off. The minute to minute story is beyond cheesy but I liked the overarching plot that you finally get in the final boss gauntlet. Speaking of which that final boss was sick, I had to use so many items and almost all of my money to beat both forms.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Evil Eagle posted:

3) Octopath Traveler

I finally went back and finished this after like a year off. The minute to minute story is beyond cheesy but I liked the overarching plot that you finally get in the final boss gauntlet. Speaking of which that final boss was sick, I had to use so many items and almost all of my money to beat both forms.

Its hard as gently caress for a jrpg boss which iscool. And the music in is epic (for the whole game too)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ristolaz posted:

Its hard as gently caress for a jrpg boss which iscool. And the music in is epic (for the whole game too)

I died in the second phase after spending 20 min on the first. Never again. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Oh yeah and they make you go back and beat all 8 of the story bosses if you want to try again. Nope!!

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 9, 2020

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

I died in the second phase after spending 20 min on the first. Never again. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Oh yeah and they make you go back and beat all 8 of the story bosses if you want to try again. Nope!!

Get good.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I knew this was coming. :)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I appreciate that OT lets you skip dialogue and provides markers on where to go. The story is incredibly cheesy but the battle system is too good to miss

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Haven't been gaming much the last couple years but I'm finally ready to go on a backlog tear in 2020 so here it goes:

1) Celeste - Jan 3 - PS4

2) Death Stranding - Jan 31 - PS4

3) Ori and the Blind Forest - Mar 11 - Steam

freeman fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 11, 2020

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

intending to complete teh Game of Life this year

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1/10 My Friend Pedro

Very mediocre imo, but free and short, so whatever.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Donkey Kong Country 1 in 2_1/2 hours. My controller was first on Playstation mode and I couldn't jump from the frozen ropes that slide upwards, but after noticing and switching to PC mode I could jump just fine.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Regular Mode, Mile High Club Complete)

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
1) Cave Story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It was pretty deece

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

1. The Turing Test. Mediocre Portal/Talos style puzzle game with bad story and puzzles. one and a half stars

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

2. Hitman (2016) all levels SASO. The sound in this game is incredible, hitting someone with a thrown frying pan is incredibly satisfying, and I’m really glad everything’s slightly comic instead of being dark and gritty and violent

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It was pretty deece

I got that through Humble and haven't really played it but i've gotta say it's got some of the nicest performance and graphics I've ever seen on my PC. Good looking game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

amenbrotep posted:

2. Hitman (2016) all levels SASO. The sound in this game is incredible, hitting someone with a thrown frying pan is incredibly satisfying, and I’m really glad everything’s slightly comic instead of being dark and gritty and violent
The various NPC dialogue lines are awesome and perfectly capture the absurdity the game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1. The Hurricane of the Varstray - Standard 2-ALL 2,393,389,180

Got this for 99 cents last month, it's actually a ton of fun.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

1/12 Pokemon Sword

First pokemon I’ve ever completed. Pretty fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

I got that through Humble and haven't really played it but i've gotta say it's got some of the nicest performance and graphics I've ever seen on my PC. Good looking game

I played it on PS4 and even though it runs at 30 there were no real performance issues I could see... very nice looking game

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Spyro Reignited: Spyro 1 (any%)

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
2. Devil May Cry 5 - 1/12/20

This game was pretty cool, even though I was pretty bad at it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1) Super Mario 3D Land

2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell. (100%) I remember buying this years ago because the gameplay on the Steam store video looked good. Played for an hour or so thinking it was very good then never played again.
Tried it again a couple days ago and apparently my save was gone, so I decided to full clear it. Very clever movement mechanics especially the teleport ability which was extremely fun to play with, and the way they sometimes play by interacting with each other is surprising and smart. Some of the collectable secrets were very fun and they remind me of that exploration style from jumping in the scenery in Counter Strike hoping to reach out of bound areas. As soon as I got done with it all (though I'm still missing a couple things for true 666%) I purchased the DLC

2.5) DLC. 3 new powerups; rocket jumping, a rad air boost and light/dark world switching. Doesn't use the rewind mechanic from the main campaign which i thought could have been cool with the world switching, and the rocket jumping they introduced is very basic and lacks nuance, but still, extremely worth it as it's cheap and adds 30 levels. Still missing a few things to 100% this.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh and also it reminds me a bit of lovely planet in its speed oriented design and constant leaderboards. farewell.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
1) Outer Wilds

Cool game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ape out. thank you epic store

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

welcome posted:

1) Outer Wilds

Cool game.

The fact that I can never play this game the same as my first play through is tragic. What an awesome game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1.14 Steamworld Dig 2 - 98% + Proof of Completion

Missing a couple cogs that I didn't feel like going back to find, but I did do the little post-game trials section and that was an enjoying cap to a great game. Pretty par for the course for those style of games but everything is really well done. Progression felt good and along the way you get a couple of movement upgrades that really open up the map and make the platforming a blast. The thing I'll probably most take away from the game is just how good looking it is. Really great game and it can be had on sale for like 8 bucks.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
mgs4

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.

I was a little worried when Supergiant Games announced that Hades was going to be a roguelite instead of something like Bastion or Transistor, but they really managed to integrate all their neat storytelling and lore stuff into it, and the combat is just as fun as it is in their other games. I'm excited to see how the game develops throughout the rest of EA.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
King Knight

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumines - Basic Challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lumines - Basic Challenge
There's nothing basic about that challenge. Congrats.