Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tremek posted:

The kids’ red Raptor (much like my old dog below, RIP) has seen some poo poo:

That dogs face is 2020's spirit animal, RIP friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tremek posted:

No chrome best chrome.

Your truck looks good and probably sounds great with the Coyote, congrats. I need to figure out what to do about the Merc, it's too chromey.

Hope the kid starts letting you use your garage in the future

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Rhyno posted:

2013 Ford F-150 STX. Regular cab, short bed, 5.0 V8 RWD.

I love how regular cab pickup trucks look. I glanced around before I bought my Jeep though, and there are almost none on the local used market. Great find.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I don't like trucks in general but that is a great photo. Wagon and merc good too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

If you were a late 80s Japanese business executive this would be your car. 1988 Toyota Soarer 3.0 GT Limited MZ21. It's a luxury brother of the A70 Supra, a Lexus before Lexus. Has a 7M-GTE driving the rear wheels. This generation of Soarer never got the 1JZ. Air suspension, TEMS, DTV system, DTS sound system. Even has the air purifier option which as far as I can tell just makes the car smell like cheap lemon air freshener. I think the only option it doesn't have is the two-tone body kit which is a shame because it looks fantastic with it. Just have to settle for 'handsome'. Unmodified besides me disabling the speed chime and only 32,000 (!) km. It isn't the quickest thing off the line but when the turbo spools it hits like a hammer. The best highway puller we've imported.
It's also full of this stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBxpwbDpKVg

While this Mira RV4 is also turbo charged it's way down on displacement vs. the Soarer. Does have AWD though! Just had the wheel covers repainted and repaired, now it really just needs new lugnuts and a wash and detail. For running around the city this car is so good. Like yeah kei trucks and whatever, but this Mira, while tiny and insignificant, feels like a real car in that it doesn't have any compromises. Def going to be dead if someone hits you but for zipping through traffic, just having less 'car' to worry about its real good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I will forever fight the corner of tiny cars, particularly old tinfoil-bodied ones. Where a modern big car will waft up to 120mph without fuss and happily sit there, rowing gears on a tiny car, foot to the deck just to get the thing to 80 whilst it's rattling and obviously in stress because it doesn't want to be there is just more fun, y'know?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tremek posted:

No chrome best chrome.

Your truck looks good and probably sounds great with the Coyote, congrats. I need to figure out what to do about the Merc, it's too chromey.

Thanks man, I forgot you bought a Raptor! Go team fast Ford trucks!

dema posted:

I love how regular cab pickup trucks look. I glanced around before I bought my Jeep though, and there are almost none on the local used market. Great find.

It was reg cab or nothing. I've missed the lightning since I sold it and this feels like a true successor to what I had.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tremek posted:

Currently my favorite pic of the blue one:

Gotta say, I think I much prefer the amber light around the headlights rather than the glaring white on the current ones.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I absolutely hate new trucks and how massive they are but that is a good looking truck

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Ford Truck Team

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

D C posted:

Ford Truck Team

Are you loving your truck or absolutely loving your truck? Remember to tune it.

Ps we need to figure out how to schedule going out to Raptor Driving School or what have you in Utah

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

Ps we need to figure out how to schedule going out to Raptor Driving School or what have you in Utah

If you do make it out here then we better have an AI Goonmeet

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Hi I also have a Ford truck

And I figured living in the mountains the second vehicle should maybe have AWD so I picked this up today

(first photo not mine, but same car)

Always hated boring colors on cars and here I am with two grey vehicles. But I love the grey with the titanium package on the RS4. No chrome best chrome indeed

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Steve French posted:

And I figured living in the mountains the second vehicle should maybe have AWD so I picked this up today

Always hated boring colors on cars and here I am with two grey vehicles. But I love the grey with the titanium package on the RS4. No chrome best chrome indeed

Hey I also own a grey AWD Vag

dema
Aug 13, 2006

You've got great taste in motor vehicles.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Steve French posted:

My former CEO lived in Pleasanton and had an RS4 just like that. Any sludge concerns? Those get a walnut shell treatment every so often to not die right?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Did someone say Ford trucks?

Oh. You guys are playing with new ones. :( can i still hang out even though i'm slow and uncomfortable

also finally got a leaky cv boot fixed so i can drive this again. still needs some other work done but parts are on the way

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Tremek posted:

My former CEO lived in Pleasanton and had an RS4 just like that. Any sludge concerns? Those get a walnut shell treatment every so often to not die right?

Yeah, it's had a few cleanings by the PO and I'll be planning to have more done myself as needed.

It's been a bay area car since new; I don't know how many of this combination there were. conceivable that it's the same car

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Admiral Bosch posted:

My dad had an '88 gasser red Custom with a different-coloured drivers' door too. That was a great truck.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Admiral Bosch posted:

Oh. You guys are playing with new ones. :( can i still hang out even though i'm slow and uncomfortable

Oh hey old ford buddy. Emphasis on slow and uncomfortable.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

also finally got a leaky cv boot fixed so i can drive this again. still needs some other work done but parts are on the way

Hell yes.

Love both of those. I had the pleasure of owning a 96 Thunderbird for a while before some schmuck decided to run a stop sign on me...

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Professor of Cats posted:

Hell yes.

Love both of those. I had the pleasure of owning a 96 Thunderbird for a while before some schmuck decided to run a stop sign on me...

What a similar story to me. My first car that I bought with my own money was a 96 Thunderbird LX circa 2009 or so. I had it for a couple years, woefully underpowered and cursed with an automatic transmission, and yet I still loved it. The beginning of its end was when some lady decided she just couldn't wait to turn into the McDonalds parking lot and hit me while I was at a red light, in front of the McD's entrance. hosed my door all up.

cursedshitbox posted:

I need a good camera.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

cursedshitbox posted:

Llewelyn Moss would be proud.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
If older Ford trucks can play too, here's mine from a couple years back. I think I've posted it before, but it's been awhile and it's the best photo I have of it.

This was the trip where I learned the hard way that the limited slip isn't anymore, lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ford turck

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I do not have a Ferd truck (but now I want an Ecoboost F-150 4-door shorty), but I do have a Crown Veek:

I need to get a more recent picture of it. It has black headlights (just where there is no actual reflector) on it now, which look *so* much better. Still needs a couple inches of lowering.

This is actually the first Ford I have ever ownded. Bunch of GM, Japanese, and one Italian (Fiat. And not an X1/9 or Spyder), but previously no Fords, and still no Chrysler products, or Germans.
Did drive two of my dad's Dodge pickups for a while, and my mom's Chrysler Cordoba occasionally. Oh! I guess technically my '96 Jeep Cherokee was a Chrysler. They did have some actual Chrysler bits in them by '96.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Any wheels but steel just don't quite feel right.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Those wheels look way too nice to be winter wheels.
But they also look real good on that truck. Nice job.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

taqueso posted:

Any wheels but steel just don't quite feel right.

I like the steelies, but I like the Mustang 18s better. The chrome "Mustang" center caps have since been replaced by matching black "Ford" caps. Thankfully, Ford uses the same size and retention methind on most of their late-model wheels.

I still have the cop-spec 16" steel wheels. I even repainted them before I found the 'Stang rims. If I went back to steel, I'd prefer the 2006 and up 17" wheels with the round holes, though.
Wearing steelies, just for you:

Also, comedy photoshopping:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Those wheels look way too nice to be winter wheels.
But they also look real good on that truck. Nice job.

Method makes some nice wheels. I saw that model wheel, in black, on a Subaru XV a while back, with some reasonably gnarly tires, and they looked excellent.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Darchangel posted:

I do not have a Ferd truck (but now I want an Ecoboost F-150 4-door shorty), but I do have a Crown Veek:

I need to get a more recent picture of it. It has black headlights (just where there is no actual reflector) on it now, which look *so* much better. Still needs a couple inches of lowering.

This is actually the first Ford I have ever ownded. Bunch of GM, Japanese, and one Italian (Fiat. And not an X1/9 or Spyder), but previously no Fords, and still no Chrysler products, or Germans.
Did drive two of my dad's Dodge pickups for a while, and my mom's Chrysler Cordoba occasionally. Oh! I guess technically my '96 Jeep Cherokee was a Chrysler. They did have some actual Chrysler bits in them by '96.

These (mustang?) wheels are very good on this car and serve the very beneficial purpose of letting all the rest of the human people on the road know you're not either of the two main types of people who drive stock looking copcars:
1) you're not a cop
2) you're not a weird rapist/kidnapper (is this redundant? I already listed cops) who drives a car that looks too much like a copcar

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They do look good, and that is a good point ^^. It's more like seeing a friend after they shaved their multiyear beard.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Darchangel posted:

waddup, I love your Crown Veek my good friend. Hot drat.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Family photo after putting in new belts and a new thermostat gasket in the bird.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Professor of Cats posted:

waddup, I love your Crown Veek my good friend. Hot drat.

Thanks! And pursuant to the preceding posts, that was definitely part of my thought process for different wheels. Initially, I was going to keep the steelies - they look very purposeful, aka “tough” - but that with the spotlight was maybe just a little too much cop. Even with no push bar. I have no desire to be in any way associated with “whackers”, so custom wheels it was. I specifically looked for Mustang wheels because they fit correctly, and generally are cheaper. I’m the end, I probably could have gotten cheap aftermarket wheels for about the same, but these just look so *good*.

Now I just need to find the time to fix the small peeling paint spots. Mine’s nowhere near as bad as some of them, at least. Just a few small bare spots.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

Family photo after putting in new belts and a new thermostat gasket in the bird.

Those were good looking birds. That’s a Supercoupe, isn’t it?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah the Anniversary cars were all Super Coupes.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Correct. I've only had it a few months. Doing my best to treat it right. The previous two owners knew what they had and took extremely good care of it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Cool! I’ve always liked what Ford did with the SVOs, Turbo Coupes, Super Coupes, and the Merc equivalents. I guess you could say the Ecoboosts are a continuation of that.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I parked my 99 ranger next to a new F250 today. It looked like I was driving a smart car. Trucks have gotten huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

I parked my 99 ranger next to a new F250 today. It looked like I was driving a smart car. Trucks have gotten huge.

That 98-11 generation Ranger was the last true compact truck.