Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I saw the previous thread was locked and was panicked it suffered the same fate as the My 600lbs Life thread. Thank Satan for a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My(20M) girlfriend(20F) is 'extremely heartbroken' because I said that I am not particularly fond of Hermione(Harry Potter character), but love Lady Galadriel(Lord of the Rings character).
I told her that my favourite character is Lady Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. She is so wise and powerful. She was arrogant and proud, but calmed down over the years and humbled herself by the time the books ended. And why lie? I prefer the beautiful, radiant, otherworldly looks of Galadriel over the mundane looks of Hermione. Overall, I prefer an enigmatic queen character over an intelligent plain school girl character(which obviously a sort of self insert by the author) and my gf can't tolerate it.

My girlfriend broke into tears, saying that Hermione was always a rock of strength for her(wtf?). She was bullied for her bushy hair and teeth as a child and the depiction of Hermione as a less good looking, but still worthy girl gave her confidence. According to her, by rejecting Hermione and 'mocking' her appearance, I rejected her(gf) and mocked her looks.

What was I supposed to do? Was I supposed to change my favourite character because she started her water works? Actually why was a 20 year old woman wailing like someone died when I told her that I don't like her favourite character? Why was she upset that I liked a considerably more powerful, intelligent and beautiful character?

Overall, this looks highly ridiculous to me. She spent the whole night crying because I don't like Hermione. I feel disgusted.

Update: I can't tolerate this anymore. She is behaving exactly like my mother. I am wondering why and how did I fall for her in the first place. This looks so ridiculous that people won't even believe me if I tell them the reason.

Thank you for all suggestions.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for only buying vegan snacks?

quote:

Throwaway because I think I’ve solved a problem but my family’s mad at me.

I (19F) live with my parents and 2 older brothers. I buy most of my own food and do most of my own cooking because I have different tastes and preferences from the rest of my family. However 1 of my brothers and my father always go ham on my snacks. I’d buy work snacks to last through 2 work weeks and they’d go threw them in 3 days. Starting labeling them and it still happened. Started hiding them in my room and they kept bugging me about where allege snacks are, plus some snacks I buy for just st home have to be kept in the fridge or freezer so I didn’t have agood way of hiding them and they’d scarf those down in a couple days.

Last month, I had a particularly rough period. I was so sick for 2 days and couldn’t eat full meals, so I relied on snacks the first day. The second day I didn’t feel much better but I found my brother and dad had eaten all my snacks and I had nothing I felt comfortable eating. It was hard to stomach making or eating a meal and all I wanted was some peanuts or maybe some lays yet they ate them all.

Now I am not vegan, but my BF is allergic to dairy so I know a lot of vegan recipes/food/snacks. My brother and dad are those kind of guys who think anyone being vegan is a personal attack on them and they refuse to knowingly eat anything vegan. So I stayed exclusively buying vegan snacks, like coconut ice cream, dark chocolate cashews, sweet potato chips, larabars etc and I made sure to go on and on about how they’re vegan.

My brother and father are angry at me for “only buying snacks I like” and I basically said “yup deal with it.”

AITA? I think it’s kind of funny honestly but they keep making snarky comments (mostly my brother, my dad is kind of like I BOUGHT YOU ALL THE SNACKS YOU WANTED AS A KID YOU SHOULD SHARE).

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (23f) fiancé's (23m) mother dislikes me on the basis that she doesn't believe I'm Italian. What do I do?
For some background information:

I was adopted as a baby, and have no contact with my birth parents. My mother was Japanese and my father was Irish. My (adoptive) parents are both Italian. Like, immigrant Italian--they speak with heavy accents and we speak a lot of Italian at home (I'm fully fluent and have a bit of an accent myself). I was raised Roman Catholic in a predominantly Italian area, and most of my friends growing up were Italian. My name is also a less common Italian name (think Giovanna, but not that). I have, in essence, lived the typical Italian-Canadian upbringing. I never thought twice about this until my fiancé proposed to me.

My fiancé and I started dating at seventeen, and his mother has never liked me--she always acted cold and aloof, even passive-aggressive. She seemed to be a bit overbearing (to him), and I always assumed she was one of those mothers who's afraid of her son marrying off and leaving her--she's also a single mother with two other kids, both daughters.

Recently, he proposed to me (yay!)--I ugly-cried with joy, and everything was great until we announced it to his family. As a family, we had a nice celebration, and nothing had gone wrong--but after the dinner was over, he got a slew of angry texts from his mother, calling me slurs (not even correct ones) and over-all insulting our relationship and our future children. The general gist of the messages were that she was upset over my "not being Italian," and she was also worried about prospective "half-breed" children who wouldn't be Italian.

We were both beyond pissed, and he called his mom and told her off. She tried to make up with him a few days later, telling him that she has no problem with my being Japanese or Irish, even though she's always wanted him to be with a "nice Italian girl" (literally her words). Apparently, she just hates the fact that I "pretend" to be Italian by "faking" my accent, speaking Italian, taking part in Italian traditions, etc. One of my fiancé sisters is married to an Italian man who doesn't speak Italian and is nonreligious (not a problem to me AT ALL, it's just that his mother is hugely religious), yet she considers him to be more acceptable than me.

She also says that I've offended her on a few occasions, because when people ask about my race (I get that a lot because I'm biracial), I state that I'm Italian. It's the culture I associate with the most, and I'd rather not detail my family history to every person who asks me what my race is. Also, I'll say things like, "I'm such an Italian stereotype" because I use a lot of expressive hand movements and the like, which she also finds offensive. I found this to be kind of funny, to be honest, because it's kind of absurd and a bit hypocritical because I've heard her make racist jokes on more than a few occasions (besides all the slurs she texted my husband about me).

Neither of us responded to this because we were appalled as well as astounded she would even say that.

Now, I've started wondering, is the above actually offensive of me? Is this just a ruse because she doesn't like my biological ethnicities?

What can I even do? Can I explain this to her?

TL;DR: Adopted by Italian parents, raised fully Italian. My birth parents are Japanese and Irish. My fiancé's mother believes I'm faking my Italian accent and other things, and finds this to be personally offensive. She also dislikes the fact that I refer to myself as Italian. Am I being insensitive? Is there a way I can explain this to her?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Thank you for posting the hits. I was a hopeless 144k posts behind in the old thread and had never seen the dog heely story before.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

QuarkJets posted:

Can the mods please confirm the rumors that everyone is talking about?

That Pick was only banned from the old thread, not the new one?

Yes, she can tell us more about how she hates gay people and finds them disgusting.

There were reasons she wasn't allow to post any more.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My non-citizen friend used a credit card that wasn’t his accidentally, is now in jail. Help??

quote:

Visiting friend from Australia rented a home for the holidays and used a credit card that was in the home thinking he could, as he was spending a significant amount of money to rent to home for the month. He is being charged with grand theft and fraud. He has money, so he isn’t actually a fraudulent person.

They are holding him in jail until Monday. Wondering what steps we should be taking so that we can get him out of jail before immigration shows up. I heard they can hold him in a detention center if ICE picks him up before we can. What should we do?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australia doesn't have communal credit cards. Dude just stole and this is his poo poo excuse.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

what?! i can't use this credit card i found? i'm renting this here down under house

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23f) fiancé's (23m) mother dislikes me on the basis that she doesn't believe I'm Italian. What do I do?

Just tell her you're taking a drippini with her bambino

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

That post says so much in so few words. "He has money, so he isn’t actually a fraudulent person" isn't really a great thread title for this thread, but somewhere there must be a thread where it fits perfectly.

Sometimes an airbnb will leave you a sim card or a public transit pass for guest use and convenience. I'd love to hear the argument as to how a credit card is the same.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pirate Radar posted:

My non-citizen friend used a credit card that wasn’t his accidentally, is now in jail. Help??

Hahaha where can I find a friend this gullible?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yay for a new thread!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for accidentally calling my child an 'only child'?

quote:

I am my husband's second wife, we married in 2004 after two years of dating. He was married to his first wife from 1990-1996 and had two children, a boy and girl, who were 5 and a half and 8 and a half when we met. From the start I loved those kids, especially his daughter, a talkative little thing with a heck of an imagination and this kind of infectious optimism. Her brother was harder to get to know but he was an almost nine year old boy more interested in skateboarding, videogames, and girls. But I played team sports with my job and we connected over that. Before long we all grew to love each other.

They lived with their mom full-time about three hours from us but the coparenting situation was really working well. Even when they temporarily moved seven hours away we still saw each other often. Then I had my own son and it felt like the family was complete. The older kids adore their little brother and he's obsessed with them.

My son is 14 now, my step kids are 24 and 27. I'm only 39 (husband is ten years older) and lately I've been craving another child. I didnt get as much time with my stepkids as I wanted and my own son grew up too quickly. I'm still young enough for a new kid and I just took retirement from my job as a police-detective after 18 years on the job, so I have time now. I've had IUDs for several years since my son was born.

Last year my sisters threw me a Mother's Day/Birthday party and my stepdaughter came, gave me a beautiful card and gift, I cried like a baby-back bitch. Halfway through the party I noticed she suddenly stopped involving herself, started treating me coldly, and left early, despite saying she would stay the night with us. I was very sad. But then she stopped talking us. It took five months for my husband to get her to tell him what was wrong.

During the party I was talking to some of my friends and i mentioned wanting another child because i had six siblings and i didnt want my son to grow up feeling like an only child. Apparently she heard me say that and thought I was saying my son is an only sibling. She still wont speak to me but at least she isnt ignoring her father and brother anymore.

Was I an rear end in a top hat for saying what I did?

odds on this lady treating the stepkid as second class for much more than this one occasion?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my girlfriend she’s an 8 or 9 in attractiveness when she asked?

quote:

My gf was getting ready the other night. She thought she looked bad, but I told her she looked fine. I looked over at myself in the mirror after checking her out. I asked her what she thought I was on a scale of 1 to 10. She laughed and said 12. She then asked what I thought she was. I told her she was probably an 8, maybe even a 9.

She started crying and asked how I could say this while she was already feeling down about her looks. I was shocked. I told her an 8 or 9 is insanely good. We all know 10 is basically unattainable. Like, I’d be happy getting a 7!

She said no one wants to hear their partner thinks of them as anything less than a 10, but I told her that’s just not realistic. Like, I knew she was exaggerating when she said 12, and that felt ridiculous for her to say. At least I gave her a genuine (and very flattering!) rating. Plus, I explained to her, I meant what I thought society would rate us as in attractiveness, and that I obviously thought she was gorgeous or I wouldn’t be dating her.

She cried again today and said she feels like I basically assessed her flaws and deducted points. She feels like I find other women hotter if she’s “just” an 8. I just don’t even know what I’m supposed to say. An 8 or 9 is pretty good. I feel like even celebrities often would only be like a 9. Sure, I could tell her she’s a total ten now, but we would both know I’m just lying.

AITA?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Daikloktos posted:

Might I suggest not remaking the thread? It seems unhealthy to engage with this kind of content on a regular basis, maybe it's had a good run but the posters could move on to other pursuits now

im perma banned poster peteenergy69420 and for years ive read r/relationships until i myself could no longer sustain a relationship with out wanting to open it up.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend she’s an 8 or 9 in attractiveness when she asked?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Lucrece posted:

golly, seems like these (i hope) youngsters have decided reducing romantic partners to an integer from 1-10 is hurtful. hopefully they can bond by creating a more exacting 1000 point system.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The greatest thing about getting old is, that you don't have to deal with this childish poo poo anymore.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

this thread is my 'little buddy' in that if pressed i would deny any relation to it.

My(43m) Little Buddys(29m) extreme clumsiness is causing me endless problems. I feel trapped.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You crack me up, little buddy.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

My captain often strikes me with his hat in front of The Professor

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

golly, seems like these (i hope) youngsters have decided reducing romantic partners to an integer from 1-10 is hurtful. hopefully they can bond by creating a more exacting 1000 point system.

Corporations teach us that we only have value as sets of numbers, why should relationships be any different?? :v:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

My (30m) fiance (28f) offended my friends, now they're threatening to not come to the wedding.

quote:

This all feels like the most juvenile poo poo in the world so excuse me if my tone seems annoyed. I don't know how to handle this because it's not something that's ever happened before.

Anna and I are getting married in about 6 months. We've been together for three years, met while I was in a temporary work assisgnment that became permanent. As such, my friends are all in one place, I'm in another. Anna hadn't met them until very recently.

The night was going great. We'd gone to visit together so I could introduce her and all that. Personally, I'll be honest. I've been outgrowing my friends steadily for a long time if feels like. We all met loving video games and as I grew up, I felt less of a need to hide away in the video game world. They still play games as their main/only hobbies, spending days and nights at their computers.

Anna didn't know this. She knew I used to play games a lot, and that I still do, on a very very light basis. There's so much else to do in the world that I just can't justify sitting on my rear end in front of a computer screen for hours at a time anymore. There's food to cook and eat, beers to drink, hikes to take, things to build, scarves to knit, books to read, etc. Anna doesn't have any problem with when I play a game, I might play an hour here or there.

But she also would have a problem if I sat playing a game for 6 hours a day until I finished it or anything like that. She wouldn't be interested in a relationship with me if that's how I was, and I don't blame her. It's not attractive, and I see that.

So when we were all out drinking, the subject of one of her exes comes up. I've met the guy and there was nothing terrible about him, they're still on friendly terms. But Anna jokes, "I'm glad I got out of that before I locked it down, he's 28 years old and still sits on his butt playing video games all day."

My friends were uncomfortable, but gave no indication to her that they were upset. At least not at first. She ended up making another disaparaging remark about him, lighthearted, saying that "Oh, he was just one of those guys who goes on that Reddit site all day looking at all the naked girls and arguing over who's the nerdiest. It's so sad."

It was in reference to people we wish would grow up. My friends were then pretty annoyed, I guess. I couldn't tell, and neither could Anna. In my mind, the rest of the night went fine.

After Anna and I got back home, my friends pulled me on Skype to talk so much poo poo about Anna. I was horrified, personally. They were saying really awful things about the girl I'm planning to marry. How she's so judgmental and "cunty" how she's a frigid bitch, how she must feel insecure about her own intelligence if she has a problem with nerds. The whole time I was in awe that this was happening, and when I finally made sense of them, I told them to all knock off the insults against her.

Then they said "You're picking some dumb blonde chick over your bros." and that's when they said that if I dont have her apologize for offending them, they aren't coming to the wedding.

I'm stuck between just telling them to move on with their lives and let me live my new life in peace, and wondering if there's more to this story that I didn't get. Because by all rights, saying you aren't attracted to nerdy gamers isn't offensive, at least I don't think so. Hell, I know if Anna was the type to game all day and Reddit all night, I'd be extremely turned off.

So I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

tl;dr: GF offended friends back home by insulting her ex-boyfriend, who was an avid gamer. Friends are saying it's essentially her or us, or an apology or they won't come to the wedding. I have no clue what to do.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Miss posted:

My (30m) fiance (28f) offended my friends, now they're threatening to not come to the wedding.

He should really have a clue what to do.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Miss posted:

Lovely how she just hands out crits left and right without even realizing it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lucrece posted:

:sever: head from body.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

He should really have a clue what to do.

Install WoW Classic

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Miss posted:

it's pretty obvious what to do but also lol at him saying he can't justify playing videogames because life has so much to offer like eating and drinking

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for firing my housekeeper for not acknowledging her christmas bonus + new year raise?

quote:

I (4XF) have had a housekeeper come every couple weeks for about two years now. We pay her somewhere between $100 and $150 each visit to clean about 2400 sqft of house. The payment is in cash and is given to her in a envelope stuck to the fridge. Most of the time we don't see her because she comes when we are at work (she has a key). Most of our communications have been over SMS. Sometimes we can go a month without even texting each other.

Last year, at her last visit before Christmas, we gave her a Christmas card with a $100 in it as a Christmas bonus. She thanked us over SMS. This year, we gave her a Christmas card & $100 with her usual payment, but we did not receive a thank-you SMS. We thought she might have been too busy or something else. Also, for 2020, we wanted to increase her visit rate by $10. So we put in an extra $10 in her envelope for the first visit in the new year and was going to tell her about the raise when she asked about it. Cleaning day came and went, and she took the money and didn't send us any SMS mentioning the different amount in th envelope.

To eliminate any doubts that she lost our number or other technical errors, we sent her an SMS asking to change the schedule slightly. She responded immediately, so it's not like she lost our number.

Now, my husband wants to find someone else because he thinks that an honest person would have told us about the extra $10. And a considerate person would have thanked us for the Christmas gift. I have my doubts- maybe she's angry at us because she think we're underpaying her, or maybe she's busy with something else during this busy season. But I don't understand why she wouldn't have acknowledged either the Christmas bonus nor the extra $10.

So, would I be the rear end in a top hat if I stopped using her over not acknowledging these two things?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
gently caress these people with a broomstick

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I feel like the "ma, I gotta hit the drippini" and ice cream thief stories need to be re-posted but I can't find them.

Edit: found the drippini one!

My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words

quote:

throwaway because he uses reddit and also because this is kind of embarrassing?

tl;dr - my boyfriend won't stop speaking in a stupid "tough guy" italian american accent and is starting to make up fake italian-sounding words. i'm really annoyed / worried if this might be a red flag

Okay to preface this, I love my boyfriend and he is a super sweet, nice, smart guy that I feel lucky to have but his behavior lately is freaking me out and makes me worried for the future.

My boyfriend loves movies, especially mob movies. He has all of the Sopranos DVDs at his place and I'm pretty sure he still watches them that way. That's fine, obviously you can watch and enjoy whatever you want. But last week he saw "The Irishman" with some friends and since then he will NOT stop talking in like a fake stereotypical mobster accent. We were in an uber the night after going out to dinner and admittedly the driver was going a little fast but my boyfriend kept muttering things like "Who's this loving guy, huh? Dale Earnhardt Jr over here" and shouting "HO!" as we took corners. He would NOT shut up and even gave the driver a one-star review saying it was about "respect."

Everyone has their quirks, I get it, and they can be what makes someone special. At first it was even kind of cute / funny but I just can't really understand this shift all of a sudden. It's been a week and he continues to make asides in this voice and when he gets drunk hespeaks in made up Italian. Like we were having desert at my sister's and he came up to me and said "Hey, ma, I gotta get home and hit the drippini." I'm the DD (I don't drink) so I asked him why he wants to leave and what a drippini is ??? His response was "Ya know, like a shower." Drippini is NOT a word! In ANY language! He also never called me "ma" before ever and now he does it almost all the time. I feel crazy, like is this going to be a permanent feature of his personality now?

I know this sounds incredibly stupid compared to some of other serious issues on here but I am just really nervous about what this means about his personality / mental health. He really is a sweet loving guy with a wonderful family and we have a lot in common but just like, I don't even know how to begin to approach this. I want to tell him off and be like why do you keep doing this voice can you please stop. We don't live together so thankfully it's not a constant thing but like, what if we did and it was?? Is this the kind of thing you just deal with when its someone you love?

Dravs fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 13, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Licarn posted:

AITA for firing my housekeeper for not acknowledging her christmas bonus + new year raise?

hmm, guillotine

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Power Khan posted:

[b]My(20M) girlfriend(20F) is 'extremely heartbroken' because I said that I am not particularly fond of

She told you that she self-identifies with the character whose appearance and personality you're mocking, you dipshit, why is this so hard to understand.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

My [31f] husband [32m] name calls at our son [1m] and threatened to divorce me for objecting.

quote:

Hello all. My husband "Simon" and I have been married for three years and have a son ""Carl" who just turned one. Last night, while I was finishing up dinner, I asked Simon to start feeding Carl. Carl began fussing in his highchair and throwing food on the floor. Simon responded by saying "you're being a brat". This isn't the first time Simon has made such a comment and we've fought about it before. I expressed that I didn't think it was appropriate or helpful to call a baby names. This time I very calmly said "Don't say that to him, I don't like it." Simon looked pissed and didn't say another word for the rest of dinner. He just let me serve him a beautiful meal, ate it without making a sound, and went upstairs.

Normally after dinner, Simon takes Carl upstairs so I can clean up, so I shouted up the stairs "Hey, what are you doing?" He shouted back "None of your business." I went upstairs with the baby and asked what his problem was. He told me that if I ever again tell him how to interact with Carl, I'll be a single mother with no help whatsoever. He asked who was more important, him or the baby. I told him that was a weird question and I don't really know how to answer it. He kept pushing, so I told him that Carl comes first, but our marriage is a totally different type of relationship, and the two relationships can't be compared. Basically he blew up at me abut how he should come first before the baby, and that using language like "you're being a brat" is tame compared to some of the language that he'll likely use with our son in the future.

Reddit, I don't think I could make it as a single mother, but he's threatening me with an ultimatum; either I stand by and allow him to name call at our son, or he'll divorce me. Should I call his bluff and tell him to get the papers.?

TL;DR Husband calls our baby names, threatened me with divorce for interfering.

Edit: Hi everyone. I just read through most of the replies. Thanks to the people who were supportive. I have an update to give, but it will have to wait until Monday, when I have a one time and privacy. I also want to say that I've gotten a fair about of hate male in my inbox from people making assumptions about my character and I'm reporting unconstructive insults.

I also want to point out that a lot of people are making assumptions that give only him the benefit of the doubt. I over reacted because I'm a nag, and I probably nag him constantly. He also overreacted... but only because I'm such a nag, and I probably neglect him, and never have sex with him, and he's at the end of his rope. Couldn't possibly be that he has a quick temper? No, no man would ever overreact like that without being nagged to death by some shrew. Basically I'm being held responsible for my behavior as well as his. Thanks again for the people who gave honest advice, whether you took my side or not.

never change, reddit

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

She told you that she self-identifies with the character whose appearance and personality you're mocking, you dipshit, why is this so hard to understand.

I know right? My ex gf did the same thing as that guy when I told her about the Joker and that's why I broke up with her.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Miss posted:

My [31f] husband [32m] name calls at our son [1m] and threatened to divorce me for objecting.

I've gotten a fair about of hate male

:hmmyes:

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
I have still have 2000 pages of the old thread to go so I'm joining this one too so I can understand the thread title for once.

I was gonna ask if Pick is still around because Pick owns but I just saw someone claim she's a raging homophobe so now i don't know. Confirm/deny?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pick seems to mean well but has a bad case of well-off white woman with not quite enough self-awareness brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

chippy posted:

I have still have 2000 pages of the old thread to go so I'm joining this one too so I can understand the thread title for once.

I was gonna ask if Pick is still around because Pick owns but I just saw someone claim she's a raging homophobe so now i don't know. Confirm/deny?

People have their reasons for thinking that, but since Pick was red carded from the thread she can’t come in to explain or defend herself so it feels unfair to list out the grievances and harangue her in effigy. If you’re still reading through the old thread you might come across the posts that made people unhappy or offended anyway.