Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ague Proof posted:

Tyson was also metoo'd but it was near the end when many, many sexpests were being exposed so it flew under the radar.

Aaaaaa YIKES I missed that! And here I thought the worst thing about NDT was his bad twitter takes. gently caress, I'll miss watching Cosmos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jamie Faith posted:

Aaaaaa YIKES I missed that! And here I thought the worst thing about NDT was his bad twitter takes. gently caress, I'll miss watching Cosmos.

just replace it with isaac arthur, john michael godier and his show event horizon, and anton petrov imo

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
A few days ago Adam Neely posted this awesome cover/reinterpretation of Carly Rae Jepsen's Run Away with Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsZhLpHtEA

Today he posted this video breaking down all the techniques he used putting it together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifHlQ3lsULY

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Soon everyone we look up to will be cancelled and we won't be able to watch anything anymore

and if I can't consume media I don't know what I would do with my life

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Create the media you want to watch in the world.

The real media are the friends we watched along the way.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Acute Grill posted:

Create the media you want to watch in the world.

The real media are the friends we watched along the way.

But doctor... I am cancelled.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been cancelled for so long I don't remember what it was like to be watchable.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I create media specifically to get cancelled!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was cancelled before it became cool and monetized.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jamie Faith posted:

From the Meme thread at the time:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Laterite posted:

:wtc:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Laterite posted:

why do all of these people make responses that make them seem way way worse.

"I wasn't trying to come onto her I just gave her a special handshake so I could feel her life essence. yes this was at the end of the conversation where she told me I was being inappropriate."

like, pal, even if what you're saying is 100% true you shouldn't ever interact with another person

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i regularly have people over for one-on-one platonic wine and cheese evenings.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
NdT expects you to believe that he would call the pulse 'vital spirit energy.'

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'd believe him. I'd also believe him to be a spirit vampire, and immediately stake him

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hi there, everyone. "Infranaut" here - I have a pretty small leftist media channel, and my most recent video (which was shared here a week ago) just got algorithm'd hard. Sub count has more than doubled the last few days and the vid is currently sitting at 90k (or thereabouts).

Response has been overwhelmingly positive, but... Well, the video is about the history of the Western and Blazing Saddles especially - in particular the tired and annoying idea that "You couldn't make Blazing Saddles today!"

I rebuke the notion pretty hard in the video. As with all things even vaguely, tangentially about race/racism, chuds and bigots have crawled out from the gutter to have their say in the comments section. My channel is still absolutely tiny and I'm not used to all the lovely takes and outright nazi code in my comments. I've got to admit; it is successfully, seriously, bumming me out. Like I said, the response is 95% positive, but the negative stuff is a real downer and making me question what the point of this experiment even was.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Edit: ^That really sucks. If it helps, the video's gotten good responses in any thread that it turns up in. The fact that the alt-righters care enough to poo poo on it means that it's reaching a lot of good ears too. You're giving good words and analysis to the 95% so that they can better shout down the lovely 5%.

I believe NDT's other response was philosophical wankery about the very nature of truth and accusations in an era of MeToo. He just can't turn it off.

It also didn't help that all of the accusations sounded so much like him that they pretty much had to be true.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 13, 2020

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Loved the vid and honestly if it upset the chuds enough to puke their hate in your comments section then you're on the right track.
That bit at then end where you point out who would actually be offended by the film these days was pretty spot on it seems

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Honestly dude, don't be afraid to just turn off comments. That's what I would do if I couldn't get someone to moderate it.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
as far as I'm concerned getting all flavors of chud weirdos to start spewing read mores in the depths of your comments means you've made it

call it the shaun ratio effect, and then promptly turn that poo poo right off if it gets too unsalvageable or personal

I won't minimize how much it sucks to get a direct face full of that garbage but I will definitely say your video's impact is way more important and successful where it counts

I've definitely shopped it around to a bunch of people squarely because of how good I found it and I'm sure I'm a drop in the self-same bucket for other people too

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jamie Faith posted:

Honestly dude, don't be afraid to just turn off comments. That's what I would do if I couldn't get someone to moderate it.
yeah, nobody's having important discussions in the youtube comments that couldn't be had somewhere else without bothering you. i'm sure you lose some invisible engagement value, but the minute the lovely people engaging with you overcome your desire to be engaged with people then just don't do it.

i'm mostly joking because 100% turning off comments on the video will just drive those lovely people to your other videos to leave their lovely comments because that's how lovely people are - just chuck comments in a moderation queue you never check

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

Hi there, everyone. "Infranaut" here - I have a pretty small leftist media channel, and my most recent video (which was shared here a week ago) just got algorithm'd hard. Sub count has more than doubled the last few days and the vid is currently sitting at 90k (or thereabouts).

Response has been overwhelmingly positive, but... Well, the video is about the history of the Western and Blazing Saddles especially - in particular the tired and annoying idea that "You couldn't make Blazing Saddles today!"

I rebuke the notion pretty hard in the video. As with all things even vaguely, tangentially about race/racism, chuds and bigots have crawled out from the gutter to have their say in the comments section. My channel is still absolutely tiny and I'm not used to all the lovely takes and outright nazi code in my comments. I've got to admit; it is successfully, seriously, bumming me out. Like I said, the response is 95% positive, but the negative stuff is a real downer and making me question what the point of this experiment even was.

You should take pride in what you did, and aggressively nuke any negative comments that are coming from a place of bigotry/nazism/etc.

I watch a lot of videos that Tim Rogers puts out for Kotaku (and since he works for Kotaku within minutes of one of his videos being uploaded you get gamergate types getting mad about it in the comments) and he clears out so much of the poo poo that it's basically the only comment section on youtube I genuinely consistently have a good time reading.

(Tho if it's too much work to clean it up that's completely understandable, it's a lot to ask of one person and sounds draining!)

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Renagade Cut did a video about the Twilight Zone 2019 revival.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Calico Heart posted:

i randomly was recommended this video and watched it without realizing a goon had made it. it's a good video and congrats (i think?) on getting a bunch of views.

also gently caress nazis they aren't worth engaging with., just delete their poo poo-rear end comments.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

weirdly surprised he likes it. its a good video. he gets a little soapboxy(not about politics but just about how great a critic he is and how everyone is dumb gently caress but him) but i get it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 14, 2020

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Some dillhole threatened to out beauty youtuber Nikkie Tutorials (who is widely regarded as one of the nicer of the bunch of beauty youtubers) as Trans. She got out in front of it today, but I'm horribly sad that she had to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOw2E_qAsE

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

cool kids inc. posted:

Some dillhole threatened to out beauty youtuber Nikkie Tutorials (who is widely regarded as one of the nicer of the bunch of beauty youtubers) as Trans. She got out in front of it today, but I'm horribly sad that she had to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOw2E_qAsE

She's trans? The devil you say.

Like, it's pretty drat obvious, so what's the point of threatening to expose her as such? No loving poo poo, dude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
that is some kind of post

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Like, it's pretty drat obvious, so what's the point of threatening to expose her as such? No loving poo poo, dude.
wow

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Calico Heart posted:

I made a video a while ago that I think got shared in some right-wing circles, because after views started dying down it got a minor second boost in views which coincided with a batch of hateful comments. I got hit with all the regulars of political namecalling (soyboy, SJW, cuck etc.) and even had a small handful of Sargon of Akkad supports and self-described fascists(!!) join in on the fun.

It sucks, is all I can say. I hope you can bear it until things ease up. :(

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

:holymoley:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vagabundo posted:

lol what the gently caress is this poo poo.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

:stare: um ok thats uuuuuh, well alrighty then.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
What? I've never heard of this person, but if someone said "she's trans," I can't imagine my response would be anything beyond "yes, and?" Threatening to out her as such is a completely pointless exercise in petty callousness.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kindly go gently caress a cactus tia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

What? I've never heard of this person, but if someone said "she's trans," I can't imagine my response would be anything beyond "yes, and?" Threatening to out her as such is a completely pointless exercise in petty callousness.

it is very lovely to look at someone and go 'oh yeah they're obviously trans'

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

Then why did you post that pic of all those pictures of her? It was implying she looks like a man or something which is pretty transphobic my dude. Don't do that.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

You're obviously a dick.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

They probably didn't mean anything by it, but uuuh yeah don't do that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vagabundo posted:

in the interest of hoping this is a sincere thing, it's considered very rude to talk about how 'obvious' it is someone is trans if they don't choose to identify themselves as that, it creates the idea that trans people stand out from 'the norm' and can often be rather triggering for people with those issues. If you meant it harmlessly the better way to phrase it would be just a simple 'wow imagine caring so much about 'exposing' some rando, who gives a poo poo' rather than 'well yea I knew already'. It's kinda like how it's rude to tell a gay person you 'knew' ahead of time because it reinforces the ideas that the stereotypes are true and all.