Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i think Okada was definitely being a little bit of a dick to SANADA. it seems like something the Okada character would do, he has no reason to be nice to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Has Vince not done worse? Not to be pedantic but this conversation annoys the poo poo out of me every time it comes up because people choose to ignore the enormous gulf between "better than Vince" and "actually good."

Seems to me posters are just saying Paul sucks as a person and using this most recent example as evidence. No one's saying he sucks worse than Vince.

Also more than 1 person is allowed to suck. If we gave everyone a pass except for the literal worse person in the world everyone would get off scott free.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
vince gets point for me because he started the loving company, hhh hasnt done poo poo to warrant his status

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

vince gets point for me because he started the loving company, hhh hasnt done poo poo to warrant his status

Actually Vince bought it from his dad, Vince didn't start poo poo other than run all the other companies out of town, take over all the territories, and slowly ruin professional wrestling.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Spikegal posted:

Seems to me posters are just saying Paul sucks as a person and using this most recent example as evidence. No one's saying he sucks worse than Vince.

Also more than 1 person is allowed to suck. If we gave everyone a pass except for the literal worse person in the world everyone would get off scott free.

Man, this exactly the kinda poo poo I was talking about. I don't know where you got the idea that I or anyone else was saying the dude doesn't suck. "Better" is a relative term.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

Vince didn't start poo poo

XFL

Twice

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd rather have a beer with Vince than HHH

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Business genius, this is proof right here

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Dell_Zincht posted:

Actually Vince bought it from his dad, Vince didn't start poo poo other than run all the other companies out of town, take over all the territories, and slowly ruin professional wrestling.

more than hhh ever will

Drew McIntyre posted:

also this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drew McIntyre posted:

:agreed:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

Why would people miss HISTORY?

I favor Big Show's team, he has experience in boxing matches.

Wait, it's a SIX-MAN Fist Fight? I thought it was only supposed to be some 1-on-1 fight involving one member from each team, did WWE actually find a way to make this even dumber?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Man, this exactly the kinda poo poo I was talking about. I don't know where you got the idea that I or anyone else was saying the dude doesn't suck. "Better" is a relative term.

When the conversation is man HHH did this lovely thing he sucks I don't understand the point of saying "Has Vince not done worse?". It comes off like a defense of HHH's behavior.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yeah fair enough.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Spikegal posted:

When the conversation is man HHH did this lovely thing he sucks I don't understand the point of saying "Has Vince not done worse?". It comes off like a defense of HHH's behavior.

The specific exchange I'm talking about is this:

Chris James 2 posted:

If that rear end in a top hat is the future of, and hope for, this business, things are even more hosed than some of you have been willing to admit for a while. Don't say nobody tried to warn you though

pressedbunny posted:

I've never said HHH is faultless. I've never believed he would correct every mistake and fix every broken part of the WWE. I've never even had much faith that he would maintain NXT's general level of quality for more than another year or two.

But nobody can convince me the company won't be better with him at the helm instead of Vince. No matter what HHH says, you know Vince has said things 10x worse 100x more frequently. No matter what bad decisions HHH makes, they won't be as bad as Vince's. HHH may leave a lot to be desired, but him at his worst is still better than Vince can manage.

The future for wrestling may be hosed but hosed is still an improvement over what we have right now.

MassRafTer posted:

Triple H hired a known abuser to run the performance center and then covered up sexual harassment, racist and homophobic abuse for 2 years including likely costing a woman who tried to stop the abuse her job, and other talent getting fired for speaking up. Several wrestlers have spoken up about him making racist jokes backstage and then there was the ACH t-shirt just months ago.

He is not an improvement over anything.

Do you see what I'm saying? Virtually this exact interaction happens every time anyone suggests HHH would be an improvement over Vince, it's not a new thing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Big Huski Boi posted:

I feel like the counter argument is that WWE is going to from a Vince McMahon personality cult to a Vince McMahon personality cult, only dear leader is now a corpse. It's why I see HHH cashing out because as it stands the company is designed to appeal to ONLY Vince and basically everyone who is paying attention knows this is a bad idea but the cargo cult has already built this up as the ONLY WAY to write a wrestling show.

When Vince McMahon dies Triple H will have to create him because the WWE only exists to react to the whims of Vince McMahon.

that doesn't change the fact that you are correct, for the most part people responding to you have conflated "Hunter would run less of a poo poo show than Vince" as "Hunter would not run a poo poo show" which is very different.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Huski Boi posted:

The specific exchange I'm talking about is this:

Do you see what I'm saying?

Vince has done much worse, but in terms of recent memory HHH has done some incredibly bad things in recent years where Vince has not. So if I look at who is hiring and protecting abusers, it's HHH. Vince has done much worse, but when it comes to who is making just insanely stupid, bad decisions for a publicly traded company, lately it's HHH. And when you are looking at the future, recent track record speaks volumes.

HHH is the genius who signed a deal with EVOLVE a company which used a broken ring and cost a guy his career, then bragged about how they are shutting down the shitball indies. No common sense, just a stupid sociopath. He's just a failson. Vince at least ran a successful business.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 13, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The way the stock market and board members work I'm expecting prices to tank when Vince dies because

A) That already happened when they heard about the fake death in storyline

B) There are all these people who for one reason or another think only Vince has the right vision for wrestling and when he's gone they very well may disappear as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spikegal posted:

when Vince dies

Dream on

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

For someone who had to marry into the business he sure thinks highly of himself.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Invalid Validation posted:

For someone who had to marry into the business he sure thinks highly of himself.
I think you're forgetting that he was The Game and hence encompassed all of wrestling.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I feel like the counter argument is that WWE is going to from a Vince McMahon personality cult to a Vince McMahon personality cult, only dear leader is now a corpse. It's why I see HHH cashing out because as it stands the company is designed to appeal to ONLY Vince and basically everyone who is paying attention knows this is a bad idea but the cargo cult has already built this up as the ONLY WAY to write a wrestling show.

When Vince McMahon dies Triple H will have to create him because the WWE only exists to react to the whims of Vince McMahon.

You raise some good points. Obviously no one is going to directly replace Vince, HHH may take over booking or whatever but people are going to have to be hired and moved around because no other human can do the job the way Vince does. But considering the fact that the entire company is built for Vince and only Vince, it might just be impossible for anyone to replace him without the company collapsing first.

MassRafTer posted:

Vince has done much worse, but in terms of recent memory HHH has done some incredibly bad things in recent years where Vince has not. So if I look at who is hiring and protecting abusers, it's HHH. Vince has done much worse, but when it comes to who is making just insanely stupid, bad decisions for a publicly traded company, lately it's HHH. And when you are looking at the future, recent track record speaks volumes.

HHH is the genius who signed a deal with EVOLVE a company which used a broken ring and cost a guy his career, then bragged about how they are shutting down the shitball indies. No common sense, just a stupid sociopath. He's just a failson. Vince at least ran a successful business.

Fair enough, you know a lot more about this than I do.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

FilthyImp posted:

I think you're forgetting that he was The Game and hence encompassed all of wrestling.
He also won the Monday Night War when he drove a tank to Nitro

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Huski Boi posted:

You raise some good points. Obviously no one is going to directly replace Vince, HHH may take over booking or whatever but people are going to have to be hired and moved around because no other human can do the job the way Vince does. But considering the fact that the entire company is built for Vince and only Vince, it might just be impossible for anyone to replace him without the company collapsing first.

Fair enough, you know a lot more about this than I do.

If this were 1992 Vince McMahon I'd agree, HHH couldn't be worse.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My position for a while has been that I think HHH will put on a better quality product but it's always going to be the same racist blood money company. The rot is obviously deep. So like, better TV and better KSA propaganda.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gotta stay close to your carny roots, wouldn’t want to lose them.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doc M posted:

He also won the Monday Night War when he drove a tank to Nitro
Very true. Tactical genius and logistics expert...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the argument is purely creative, HHH is probably better than Vince with the caveat that by this point Vince is mostly content to keep his decrepit corpse off of TV and HHH will force his stupid face into anything to get himself over by proxy. Because HHH will, for the most part, just let the wrestlers be themselves and book simple, logical storylines.

But then NXT became self-indulgent tripe, so, I'm not even really confident saying that anymore.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Germansimp posted:

Wait, it's a SIX-MAN Fist Fight? I thought it was only supposed to be some 1-on-1 fight involving one member from each team, did WWE actually find a way to make this even dumber?

Real talk, just once I'd like to see an actual shoot tag team boxing match. And nobody phoning it in cause its a gimmick match, all 4 guys trying their ASSES off.

Reminds me of that video I saw of 5v5 MMA matches.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to whoop vince mcmahon's rear end.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/sarahloganwwe/status/1216844310504714240

Oh hey, looks like we may get Charlotte vs Sarah Logan tonight (again) as well as Styles vs Orton and THE THREE ON THREE FIST FIGHT.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
also HHH wont book a magical better product he already books NXT if you like that then fine

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Tyler Black really sticks out like a sore thumb in that five fat guys fist fight

Are the two fat guys teaming with him known for throwing punches, are they known for anything, who even are they

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ad by Khad posted:

Are the two fat guys teaming with him known for throwing punches, are they known for anything, who even are they

they are known for being part of a piss angle

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think if you're on the women's roster, you should announce if you WON'T be in the rumble. Otherwise let's just say you're in.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh gently caress did they bring back brawl for all

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh gently caress did they bring back brawl for all

Yes, but it's fake and we don't get to see JBL get knocked out.

And Rollins is in it.

With how fake WWE beatdowns look with the windmill forearming backs, I'm legit scared how bad this is gonna be. Like this could be House of Horrors bad. At least 5 people in this match don't deserve to be forced to try to make this work.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 14, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

you could do a fun worked brawl 4 all where the heel gets the heat by refusing to box and keeps spamming takedowns like dan severn

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So according to the rules, its a no DQ, no countout, no pin, no submission match (would be so WWE if they still had to tag tho) and all 3 guys gotta get knocked out. So it seems it's a street fight match but you gotta get a 10 count ko, maybe they literally don't have to have all their offense be jabs.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that is a fire pro rear end stip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blaise330 posted:

So according to the rules, its a no DQ, no countout, no pin, no submission match (would be so WWE if they still had to tag tho) and all 3 guys gotta get knocked out. So it seems it's a street fight match but you gotta get a 10 count ko, maybe they literally don't have to have all their offense be jabs.

i will also need nL slip riding through the ring on a motorcycle