Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think I said this in the last thread but my only irl "stairs" moment was one of my buddies in Ontario mentioning "small pastries" while drunk at a Popeye's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think I said this in the last thread but my only irl "stairs" moment was one of my buddies in Ontario mentioning "small pastries" while drunk at a Popeye's

I worked with a goon at a gas station once. No idea what his username was and I don't think we posted in the same subforums but it was weird meeting another outside of something like Gencon

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Eox posted:

The best thing about Landerig was how he got laughed out of both SA and SS after openly trying to play double agent.

Too bad he did it in 2014 or so; if he did it today he’d be a mod

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

Too bad he did it in 2014 or so; if he did it today he’d be a mod

Yeah, hosed up that we went from having a poster spy on SA for SS to having a moderator spy on SA for the SS.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ariong posted:

Yeah, hosed up that we went from having a poster spy on SA for SS to having a moderator spy on SA for the SS.

lmao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you get sick of the current shark avatar here is a GIS for shark pics hosted on SA in avatar size

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Sid Vicious posted:

Thank you I put in the request lol

don't you fuckin' dare.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

don't you fuckin' dare.

lmao it already went through sorry

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

don't you fuckin' dare.

EMBRACE IT

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The new thing at the top of the sub-forum index showing the mods/IKs is pretty neat.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

should have pm'd me first, I have this at the ready:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

should have pm'd me first, I have this at the ready:

Has to be hosted here already and hey wait a second

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

post it as an attachment, now it's hosted on SA

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Brute Squad posted:

post it as an attachment, now it's hosted on SA

Has to be on the i.whatever server which attachments are not

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Here, have this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sid Vicious posted:

real smooth move

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ghostlight posted:

real smooth move

Like a shark

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sid Vicious posted:

Like a shark
only in one direction

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghostlight posted:

only in one direction

*rubs shark the other way* Oof, this saga's not smooth at all

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

this saga, much like sharks, is smooth in all directions.

and thank you sid for teaching me something I didn't know about the forums.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Shifty Nipples posted:

The new thing at the top of the sub-forum index showing the mods/IKs is pretty neat.

Agreed, especially nice since before there wasn't a way to tell who was assigned to moderate a sub-subforum (like, say, the MMO HMO or CSPAM) without I guess PMing a mod or admin and asking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ariong posted:

Agreed, especially nice since before there wasn't a way to tell who was assigned to moderate a sub-subforum (like, say, the MMO HMO or CSPAM) without I guess PMing a mod or admin and asking.

There’s a stickied thread in QCS with that information, but it was practically in a filing cabinet in the basement guarded by a leopard.

It is kept up to date, though you wouldn’t know that from looking at it because it’s admin‐edited and doesn’t show the “hosed around with this message” text.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Does anyone have a link to the story of the goon who thought pretending to be a cat was a good way to hide his boner?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

corgski posted:

Does anyone have a link to the story of the goon who thought pretending to be a cat was a good way to hide his boner?

The ironic thing is that Cats showed us that pretending to be a cat only shows off the boner to the extent they must use digital wizardry to remove it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Everyone loves 2019 skimbleshanks but imo skimble isn’t skimble with his railway bulge

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

corgski posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2768183

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

YamiNoSenshi posted:

He reportedly finished his kitchen and it's not notably terrible?

Dredging this back up since nobody really mentioned it directly, but it's really important to remember this dumbass cut out sections of structural floor joists and posted pics of it in the thread.

Ya know, in case anybody wanted to give him any kind of credit for being able to make drywall look pretty and being good at interior decorating.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
load bearing females

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jeffrey of YOSPOS comes through (more comics in that link):

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

don't you fuckin' dare.

lol this is a good saga

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ryonguy posted:

Ya know, in case anybody wanted to give him any kind of credit for being able to make drywall look pretty and being good at interior decorating.
His aesthetic seems to be "remodeled Best Western Express"

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Oh believe me, I think it looks like poo poo too. Also I just now realized that's the same room, I thought it was two different rooms done in the same Vague Overpriced McMansion style.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
can someone explain the Kat Denning thing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Alan Smithee posted:

can someone explain the Kat Denning thing

PCOS Bill, a.k.a. “Aran”, a.k.a. the owner of Something Sensitive, was permabanned for being gross about Kat Dennings’ breasts.

Specifically, he thought they were “too large to be attractive”.

Starts here.

Tahjir
Oct 6, 2009
Terra Malatora Definitely my favorite thread of all time. A group of furries plan an invasion of an island off the coast of Africa where they will have their consciousnesses implanted in multi-dicked robot dragon bodies.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

ryonguy posted:

Dredging this back up since nobody really mentioned it directly, but it's really important to remember this dumbass cut out sections of structural floor joists and posted pics of it in the thread.

Oh, it's certainly not great. But the bar is set at "nearly destroying the structural integrity of the house", so "motel chic" is quite the step up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PCOS Bill is a great username. It's a goddam shame it got wasted on, ya know, PCOS Bill.

Also I nominate Muerte for user with the best username/saga correlation.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PCOS Bill is a great username. It's a goddam shame it got wasted on, ya know, PCOS Bill.

Also I nominate Muerte for user with the best username/saga correlation.
Same but with Notorious BSD.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

D. Ebdrup posted:

Same but with Notorious BSD.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

I just find it hard to believe someone wasn't joking when they claimed to have a minor in instrumental sharkanetics.

Manual sharkanetics didn’t have as much overlap with my major. Instrumental was the pragmatic choice.