Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So HBO's The Outsider is all kinds of dark and grippy.

Our fav coke fueled writer agrees
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1216771105471520768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Gah, no no rules

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Dunno who decided to shoot it like the Winterfell nightshoot from Game Of Thrones.

Ben Mendelssohn is loving awesome though. Loved him since Love My Way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dunno who decided to shoot it like the Winterfell nightshoot from Game Of Thrones.

I don't know what that means

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Ben Mendelssohn is loving awesome though. Loved him since Love My Way.

Ozark looks the same. It’s some weird Jason Bateman trademark. Someone needs to tell him about lights.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
To go to a different topic, who has started watching Giri / Haji? So far 2 episodes in its drat amazing.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rocksicles posted:

It's OK, most people that watched it didn't see it either.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

To go to a different topic, who has started watching Giri / Haji? So far 2 episodes in its drat amazing.

It's on my shortlist! Glad to hear it's good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1yX0rpMNHI

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I decided to just go ahead and make a thread for it. The show itself is drat slick and seems to borrow alot from japanese cinematography.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

If Cinemax can bring back Strike Back they sure as hell can afford to bring The Knick back. :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Medical Police and man, Ken Marino is in really good shape for his age.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Medical Police and man, Ken Marino is in really good shape for his age.

Dude is jacked and doesn't seem to have visibly aged since The State.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

And for how much blow he's done

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wait, was that Lee Adama??

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMBLuGJTsA

Lol I can't believe this is still happening.

If that's a teaser then what's the full trailer, the whole movie on fast-forward Spaceballs style?

Also I predict that the after-credits stinger will be the reveal of MCU Blade in the role of Supernatural Nick Fury forming the Spooky Avengers Nightstalkers.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
matt smith is entering the mcu now??? or is this the parallel spider verse still?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

Wait, was that Lee Adama??

Yeah, he's been the boss the last two seasons, he's a badass.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://twitter.com/ajhan/status/1216770867117490176

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Rocksicles posted:

Just watched both of these last night and enjoyed them quite a bit. I had no idea it was a Stephen King thing, but I'm really digging where this might go now that I do.

Rocksicles posted:

Contrast and brightness -4, blue hue +2.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 14, 2020

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

McSpanky posted:

If that's a teaser then what's the full trailer, the whole movie on fast-forward Spaceballs style?

Also I predict that the after-credits stinger will be the reveal of MCU Blade in the role of Supernatural Nick Fury forming the Spooky Avengers Nightstalkers.

The Midnight Sons, please. I wonder if they'll fold Ghost Rider in there, given that they were developing a Hulu show for him before they pulled the plug on pretty much all of their TV.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
New Pope seems all kind of weird and cool. I'm guessing it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm excited to see where it goes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The New Pope started tonight on HBO.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Philthy posted:

Just watched both of these last night and enjoyed them quite a bit. I had no idea it was a Stephen King thing, but I'm really digging where this might go now that I do.

Contrast and brightness -4, blue hue +2.

Oh that's the prestige filter., Limetown was the same. I don't care.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gonz posted:

The New Pope started tonight on HBO.

Was this a response to me or a very coincidentally timed post? :v:

The thing I love most about it is the way they combine weird, seemingly inappropriate music with solemn processions and chants and stuff. It worked so well in the Young Pope and they're doing it again. The cinematography is also just top-rate in my opinion, the shots are so well-composed and the transitions and effects are beautiful.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I finally went back and finished the final season of The Man in the High Castle and I’m not sure what to make of it. It took a while to get going and then sort of rushed to an abrupt ending just as it was getting interesting. So much of the resolution just felt unsatisfying.

-Smith dying by his own hand without ever seeing any real justice was such a letdown. The only positive was that they didn’t attempt any sort of redemption. The man only ever questioned the party and its policies when it affected him personally, so any sort of heroic about face would have felt unearned.
- This season really suffered from Tagomi’s absence. He brought so much to the show.
- I was kinda glad to see Childan get a happy ending, even if he was weasel for nearly the entire run of the show.
- I really would have liked to see another season examining the aftermath of all this, with the BCR setting up their new government, the American Reich likely going through civil war and dealing with the Greater Reich, and Yakuza Kido trying to atone in San Francisco.

The final was alright, if ambiguous. One site said it felt like a victory and I agree. I’d like to think all those people were victims of the Nazis from different worlds, returning to this world to set things right in a way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

PT6A posted:

Was this a response to me or a very coincidentally timed post? :v:

Coincidence!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The New Pope ruled, I forgot how much I liked The Young Pope when it first aired three years but I'm back on board y'all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The L Word 2: Electric Boogaloo renewed for another season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Laterite posted:

Dude is jacked and doesn't seem to have visibly aged since The State.

Ball dipping is great cardio I guess

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

He’s been keeping in shape doing laps at the
PORCUPINE
RACETRACK

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody else check out the first ep of Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt For the Bone Collector?

I vaguely remember the Bone Collector movie, and I know it's a book series, but never read them.

I liked it enough to check out the next few episodes, even if some of the stuff was kind of goofy and there seemed like a lot of 'pilot exposition dump' going on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

C-Euro posted:

The New Pope ruled, I forgot how much I liked The Young Pope when it first aired three years but I'm back on board y'all.

I rewatched season 1 in preparation and yeah, it's fuckin amazing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Oh wow, The Outsider apparently features the character Holly Gibney also of the Mr Mercedes series. Completely different casting but the character is so good I'm looking forward to checking it out.

My rewatch of Raising Hope has reminded me of how brutal some of the jokes are. And Cloris Leachman, the legend, is seemingly perfectly happy to do Danny DeVito/Frank Reynolds types of scenes in her underwear. Just a wonderfully funny and sweet show.

Also the character Owen on Medical Police reminds me so much of Homicide's Detective Tim Bayless.

e: holy poo poo JK Simmons and Gail The Snail in one episode together lol

isaboo fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 14, 2020

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

C-Euro posted:

2017 feels like just yesterday

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2017 was 3 years ago??? :wth:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic posted:

2017 was 3 years ago??? :wth:

It was also 2 years ago. :actually:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Croatoan posted:

Anyone watch The Rain on Netflix? Supposedly it's good but the dubbed voices keep taking me out of it.

I have honestly never heard anyone call it good. The general opinion is that it is pretty bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Another very good episode of The L Word this week.

what the gently caress is this world coming to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

what the gently caress is this world coming to

A swift and brutal end, most likely