Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
so uhh....is this normal for the survey app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Stevie Lee posted:

Needs to also have the option "No, I don't have my receipt"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

In theory anyone who pays for it can use the survey app to publish surveys. In practice it's usually Google's. You got one of the actual paying customers' surveys.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Other: Geopolitics are complicated and can't be boiled down to one line responses.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Man, that last answer.

NO. The hate fuels our world superiority.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Modern day America sounds dark af

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Medullah posted:

Needs to also have the option "No, I don't have my receipt"
:hmmyes:

If I had a nickel for every time I picked that ...

wait, no I get a dime for every time I pick that.

deong posted:

Man, that last answer.
"Other - Please Specify"

yeah that's dark.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 6, 2020

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

deong posted:

Man, that last answer.

NO. The hate fuels our world superiority.

Someone with a good radio voice needs to record that, so a generation of recording artists can then sample it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

Modern day America sounds dark af

Come to C-SPAM and bask in the horror

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Not sure where to post this:

To escape iphone users move to Madagascar.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

VictualSquid posted:

Coincidentally also safest place incase there's an incredibly infectious disease that spreads across the globe.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Why do Indonesians need so many phones?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

couldcareless posted:

Coincidentally also safest place incase there's an incredibly infectious disease that spreads across the globe.

Ugh, it was my bane in Plague, Inc.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

AlexDeGruven posted:

Why do Indonesians need so many phones?

I was thinking the same thing... Maybe the service providers are unreliable so a lot of people have more then one?

I was also surprised that population outnumbered subscribers by so much in Canada. Are there large, populated areas that get no service at all?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Uthor posted:

Ugh, it was my bane in Plague, Inc.

I just start my poo poo in Africa like in the real world

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

couldcareless posted:

every dime of govt spending was to create a sneeze listening center that could detect one on the other side of the planet

at first everyone else laughed.

now?.... :smug:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

VictualSquid posted:

This is actually fascinating. Both with the quantity of phones, and market share varying like it does. Thanks for posting!

LastInLine posted:

Come to C-SPAM and bask in the horror

aahahahaha I took one look in there tonight and feel that was a massive mistake. Just in case you all ask, I am not a nazi.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My tablet has a feature called Magazine Unlock that lets you add images you choose, then changes the wallpaper on the lockscreen every time you wake it up. It's a neat feature, and I'd like something like that for my phone. Is there an app that will let me do it for the lockscreen? I can find all kinds of Live Wallpapers for the phone "desktop", but nothing for the lockscreen.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

Anyone else using Nova on a Pixel 4 (XL in my case) notice a slight delay (roughly 1sec) between triggering the home gesture and when you can interact with an app (launch something from the dock or open a folder)?

Still wondering about this. I've fiddled around with various settings to see if something is causing it, but haven't had any luck.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

My tablet has a feature called Magazine Unlock that lets you add images you choose, then changes the wallpaper on the lockscreen every time you wake it up. It's a neat feature, and I'd like something like that for my phone. Is there an app that will let me do it for the lockscreen? I can find all kinds of Live Wallpapers for the phone "desktop", but nothing for the lockscreen.

Muzei https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei&hl=en_US will do that, with either online sources, or your own images.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alarbus posted:

Muzei https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei&hl=en_US will do that, with either online sources, or your own images.

It looked like a great solution, and it was easy to set up, but it didn't do anything to my lockscreen. After reading reviews, it turns out that I'm out of luck since my phone is a Samsung, and Sumsung doesn't allow live wallpapers on the lockscreen.

Thanks, Samsung.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is there a way to get bandcamp links to open in the bandcamp app instead of Chrome?

Basically, I am "following" a bunch of bands and labels, I get emails about new releases, click the link in the email, and get a web page in Chrome. I have to open the bandcamp app manually and do a search for the release to listen to it.

(listening in Chrome is a bad experience as it likes to time out with the screen off and phone in my pocket)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Recommend me a Twitter app please with a good dark mode. All I really need it for is reading Twitter links I open and formatting them to not look terrible.

Thanks!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Recommend me a Twitter app please with a good dark mode. All I really need it for is reading Twitter links I open and formatting them to not look terrible.

Thanks!

Is the official Twitter app not what you're looking for here?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is the official Twitter app not what you're looking for here?

I mean it might be? I used to use Twidere but that seems to have gone away.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

If all you're looking for is non poo poo link opening, then the official app is just fine.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

I mean it might be? I used to use Twidere but that seems to have gone away.
Twidere is still available via f-droid. It has a dark mode.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Is there an app that will block all non-contact numbers from a certain area code?

I get at least two spam calls a day (it's gotten worse lately). Almost all of them are from my phone's area code. Because the numbers are spoofed to be random each time, blocking and reporting as spam apparently does nothing.

But I don't live in the same area code as my phone number any longer, so I know that any call with that area code that isn't already in my contacts must be spam.

Is this possible? If it is possible, is it doable without resorting to a custom dialer app? I'm on a stock Pixel 3, and would prefer to keep using the stock Android dialer.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

incogneato posted:

Is there an app that will block all non-contact numbers from a certain area code?

I get at least two spam calls a day (it's gotten worse lately). Almost all of them are from my phone's area code. Because the numbers are spoofed to be random each time, blocking and reporting as spam apparently does nothing.

But I don't live in the same area code as my phone number any longer, so I know that any call with that area code that isn't already in my contacts must be spam.

Is this possible? If it is possible, is it doable without resorting to a custom dialer app? I'm on a stock Pixel 3, and would prefer to keep using the stock Android dialer.

The carrier should be blocking these. Who are you with?

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

LastInLine posted:

I'm not the OP but I get at least one per day on AT&T.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Erwin posted:

I'm not the OP but I get at least one per day on AT&T.
I get 1-2 per day on Sprint. Well, a sprint reseller.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

LastInLine posted:

Verizon originally, now Visible (which is also sort of Verizon). This is not a new issue for me, it's just gotten a bit worse lately.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
The stock phone app has a setting in the options to block spam calls, it works great for me

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hot date tonight! posted:

The stock phone app has a setting in the options to block spam calls, it works great for me

I have that enabled and it does jack poo poo. It blocked most calls for a while, but now it blocks none. Literally none.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I have that enabled and it does jack poo poo. It blocked most calls for a while, but now it blocks none. Literally none.

:google: I guess, it even blocks the local spoofed numbers for me

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I've been using YouMail for about a year now and it's made my phone-having experience much better. It stops the numbers that are spoofed to match the first 3 digits of your phone number after the area code.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Same

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
Now they use real, existing numbers. Cannot block them anymore.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a decent app for calorie tracking that isn't MyFitnessPal? It's been annoying me with ads, pointless "community" poo poo and sending my data to u see armor recently. All it really needs is a half decent nutrition database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Do those blocking phone apps have to replace your dialer app to function properly or one where you can still use your stock dialer to make calls? I use Should I Answer as my spam blocker and the few times I have to answer or make a call, that app and my stock dialer app try to keep overriding each other.