Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Meinberg posted:

I've been looking at getting one of these little fellows, but my room-mate is pretty heavily allergic to cats and dogs. Are there any that wouldn't trigger those allergies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry Meinberg, that is correct but you are the last to submit a correct answer and have been eliminated.

Round 3 coming in about 2 minutes.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

well dang

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I don't wanna get probated lol

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I JUST NOTICED A 6 HOUR PROBATION I DIDN'T REALIZE HAD HAPPENED???

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 3

SalTheBard:
"Sal was feeling quite thrilled,
As the baggies they purchased were filled,
With excellent coke,
So with goons here they spoke,
For advice so they didn't get killed."

curiousCat
"Cat's failing hard drive,
Was closer to dead than alive.
They could only think ""welp"",
But here they got help,
So the hardware thread there got a Five."

Kashuno
"Kashuno was a very big fan,
Of cartoons that were made in Japan.
They realized, ""I know!
To this forum I'll go,
Where I'll talk with the rest of my clan."""

Sniper4625:
"Sniper had become rather poor.
Thank goodness this forum is for:
Selling off trash,
And making some cash,
From the goons who use it like a store."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Magia Record seems gfood

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sniper4625 posted:

Does this work?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Great thread

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Is water cooling still super expensive?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry Cat, that is correct but you are the last to submit an answer.

Round 4 coming in about 2 minutes!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I should post more in anime chat

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 4

SalTheBard:
"Sal felt it was a pity,
To live in a place that is lovely.
The talk here is focal,
On things that are local,
For others who share the same city."

Kashuno
"Kashuno likes the looks
Of cartoon-like versions of books.
They'll talk here for hours,
About superpowers,
Of their favorite heroes and crooks."

Sniper4625:
"Sniper decided to stop,
At this forum that's listed up top.
For stuff non-specific,
It's rather terrific.
As the face of the forums? A flop."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

What should I read if the last thing I read was old Teen Titans?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sniper4625 posted:

Redundant, eh?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Go Bndagers!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry Sal, we were looking for LAN, but you're the last one to submit.

Last round between Sniper and Kashuno coming right up!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ahh drats! Good game!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 5

Sniper4625:
"Sniper was growing quite bored,
Of their ten-year-old Honda Accord.
This forums' advice,
Helped get the most for the price
Of best auto they could afford."

Kashuno
"Kashuno stopped by here to say
That they had a free weekend day.
The goons here had patience,
And gave recommendations,
For some video games they should play."

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sniper4625 posted:

Batmobile?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Celeste is good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am so annoyed I had to post that 4 times in here to get past rate limit

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

I am so annoyed I had to post that 4 times in here to get past rate limit

3 times here

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sniper is first with the correct answer and has won the Power of Veto!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Refresh, refresh, refresh.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

*polite applause*

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I feel the cruel hand of time creeping upon my body and my mind. Where once I fired with alacrity, now I've grown slow in my old age. I do not relish what the future has for me on this trend.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:toot: Nice job, I would have lost this so hard

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A very big thanks to MurmurTwin who wrote all of the limericks for this challenge.

She did an amazing job.

Here is a bonus one just in case I needed it:

Asiina's favorite scene,
That they watched up on the silver screen,
Was subtitled from Russian,
And ripe for discussion,
Amongst goons here who rarely are mean.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Sal and Steak

What makes you the right choice to be spared? Who should be put on the block in your place? Why?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sniper4625 posted:

Sal and Steak

What makes you the right choice to be spared? Who should be put on the block in your place? Why?

you should spare sal so i'm up here with someone i can campaign against.

i deserve to be spared because i don't deserve to be up here, but sal deserves it more than i do. the rest of this, i say in the hopes everyone will spare me in the eviction, not the veto ceremony.

i expected to be nominated, because i had barely talked to cat at all. but the shock and betrayal of that explanation post was... quite striking. i've been holding it in for the veto comp, but im just about ready to explode. i am extremely pissed at everyone who was involved in the smearing of my name to kupo after hoh. it feels completely personal to be honest, because i literally didn't do anything to wrong you, kashuno. you among others have been blatant snakes in this game, if you've really been lying so much right off the bat, which im assuming you have because cat wouldn't just make this poo poo up. cat, your explanation post for noms was really eloquent, and i sure wish it was against a player who actually did any of the things you claimed, oh so high-and-mightily, because unfortunately you've been 100% manipulated for someone else's agenda.

i want to extend a formal question to every player in this game. anybody who i ever suggested an alliance with, (with the exception of the one, singular alliance whom i have been singularly loyal to for the entire game which has initials TOTC) please raise your hand now. to reiterate, if we were ever in an alliance, OR even talks of an alliance, publicly or privately, and you aren't in my aforementioned 1 alliance, please call me out now.

unless we have liars, the only people who can answer that are kashuno and teland, because they approached me and a couple others to make an alliance very very early into day 1. of course, literally nobody says no to that kind of thing, and in any case we fused it with my current alliances at the time, so it was not a problem. then literally nobody ever posted in the group chat come the next day, or any of the following days, so the group dissolved.

so... i suppose, as a result of that, kashuno got it into his head that i'd betrayed him somehow, then ran wild with this exaggerated story. if ive claimed anything wrong here, somebody i implore you to counter it.

im incredibly saddened and hurt by the events of the past couple days, but if i stay by some miracle, i hope this can end in not a huge disappointment for me. otherwise, i'll probably be pissed at some of you irl for a short time. that's just the way it is

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

sniper4625 posted:

Sal and Steak

I am only hoping that you view qualities in me that you think are deserving of remaining here longer. I'm more used to mafia where the bulk of the discussion happens in a thread vs. discord where it happens more organically. If I'm pulled off the block my goal is to be more active in Discord.

Since I haven't really been social in Discord it's hard for me to name a replacement nom. I feel that Cats probably has a replacement nom in mind already, so I would defer to what she thinks. I know this isn't a good answer, but I've been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to come up with a name, and I realized, I can't because I don't feel I have the social bonds to name someone and not have it put a big crosshair on me.

If I stay on the block because of it, it's my own fault for not talking to people more.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SalTheBard posted:

I am only hoping that you view qualities in me that you think are deserving of remaining here longer. I'm more used to mafia where the bulk of the discussion happens in a thread vs. discord where it happens more organically. If I'm pulled off the block my goal is to be more active in Discord.

Since I haven't really been social in Discord it's hard for me to name a replacement nom. I feel that Cats probably has a replacement nom in mind already, so I would defer to what she thinks. I know this isn't a good answer, but I've been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to come up with a name, and I realized, I can't because I don't feel I have the social bonds to name someone and not have it put a big crosshair on me.

If I stay on the block because of it, it's my own fault for not talking to people more.

These are good thoughts, and fair! Thanks.

Mr. Steak posted:

you should spare sal so i'm up here with someone i can campaign against.

i deserve to be spared because i don't deserve to be up here, but sal deserves it more than i do. the rest of this, i say in the hopes everyone will spare me in the eviction, not the veto ceremony.

i expected to be nominated, because i had barely talked to cat at all. but the shock and betrayal of that explanation post was... quite striking. i've been holding it in for the veto comp, but im just about ready to explode. i am extremely pissed at everyone who was involved in the smearing of my name to kupo after hoh. it feels completely personal to be honest, because i literally didn't do anything to wrong you, kashuno. you among others have been blatant snakes in this game, if you've really been lying so much right off the bat, which im assuming you have because cat wouldn't just make this poo poo up. cat, your explanation post for noms was really eloquent, and i sure wish it was against a player who actually did any of the things you claimed, oh so high-and-mightily, because unfortunately you've been 100% manipulated for someone else's agenda.

i want to extend a formal question to every player in this game. anybody who i ever suggested an alliance with, (with the exception of the one, singular alliance whom i have been singularly loyal to for the entire game which has initials TOTC) please raise your hand now. to reiterate, if we were ever in an alliance, OR even talks of an alliance, publicly or privately, and you aren't in my aforementioned 1 alliance, please call me out now.

unless we have liars, the only people who can answer that are kashuno and teland, because they approached me and a couple others to make an alliance very very early into day 1. of course, literally nobody says no to that kind of thing, and in any case we fused it with my current alliances at the time, so it was not a problem. then literally nobody ever posted in the group chat come the next day, or any of the following days, so the group dissolved.

so... i suppose, as a result of that, kashuno got it into his head that i'd betrayed him somehow, then ran wild with this exaggerated story. if ive claimed anything wrong here, somebody i implore you to counter it.

im incredibly saddened and hurt by the events of the past couple days, but if i stay by some miracle, i hope this can end in not a huge disappointment for me. otherwise, i'll probably be pissed at some of you irl for a short time. that's just the way it is

This is...a lot to take in, to be sure. Sounds like people have been a lot busier during the time I was less so than I thought! Still waters, and whatnot.

Thank you both.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad you think I'm against you Steak, when I am just repeating what gets told to me :(

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
BAKA

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

This was meant for a different thread, but you know why I’m fine with it

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Steak-San you baka, why did you ask everyone for an alliance except me.

I-I mean, it’s not like I wanted to be in alliance with you or anything.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

A very big thanks to MurmurTwin who wrote all of the limericks for this challenge.

She did an amazing job.

Here is a bonus one just in case I needed it:

Asiina's favorite scene,
That they watched up on the silver screen,
Was subtitled from Russian,
And ripe for discussion,
Amongst goons here who rarely are mean.

Fun fact: that example post was the first time I’ve ever posted in byob and I ended up sticking around, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Kashuno posted:

I'm sad you think I'm against you Steak, when I am just repeating what gets told to me :(

By who?