Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Jack B Nimble posted:

Who is making this, the team that made ff15?

It’s the original VII team making this, using Unreal Engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

NikkolasKing posted:

I give them some credit since they really do seem to try to shuffle around their casts a lot. A lot of dubs reuse the same handful of voices a lot which is generally unavoidable but Square with all their money and resources bring in a lot of new or lesser known talent. You are more of ten than not going to hear familiar voices doing minor roles.

This is kinda nonsense, japan reuses talent just as much. I never understood this complaint.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Kheldarn posted:

OK, but it turns out it's pronounced Mack-oh, and not Make-oh, because :squeenix:

From the same company that canonically pronounces “Tidus” as “Teeedus”

Which is wrong, bad and dumb.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't want a remake of IX that makes it weird, but I'd also like a remake of IX that gave Freya more screentime and fixed the translation issues. :ohdear:

What translation issues? IX is generally regarded as one of the best-localized FF games, as far as I know.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Schwartzcough posted:

What translation issues? IX is generally regarded as one of the best-localized FF games, as far as I know.

I think the plot got across fine. There's just a number of mistranslations when it comes to names:

- Hill Gigas becoming Hilgigars.
- Dahaka becoming Taharka.
- Shinryu becoming Nova Dragon.
- Marilith becoming Maliris.
- Skystone becoming Pumice.

And so on.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Jackard posted:

Nevermind all that poo poo, when is the Ogre Battle remake?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tae posted:

This is kinda nonsense, japan reuses talent just as much. I never understood this complaint.

I wouldn't know since I don't listen to the Japanese versions except in VNs.

Just going off all I've heard over the years English voice-acting is a rather thankless job and only the most committed people really make a carer out of it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think the plot got across fine. There's just a number of mistranslations when it comes to names:

- Hill Gigas becoming Hilgigars.
- Dahaka becoming Taharka.
- Shinryu becoming Nova Dragon.
- Marilith becoming Maliris.
- Skystone becoming Pumice.

And so on.

RAGTIME MOUSE

*doesn't look like a mouse at all, is instead a humanoid with a comically oversized MOUTH*

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He is called Ragtimer and also looks nothing of both.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

An Ogre Battle remake would be amazing, but I think everyone involved in the Tactics Ogre remake and remaining Quest guys have been devoured by the FFXIV machine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

An Ogre Battle remake would be amazing, but I think everyone involved in the Tactics Ogre remake and remaining Quest guys have been devoured by the FFXIV machine.

And we didn't even get playable Vartan out of it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

remake FFT into an RTS you cowards

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

gently caress yeah, got beta from the snake at ~lvl 20. Feels like the game only really starts once you leave Midgar. I'm really curious to see how they expand it. Will it be more story added into a linear structure or will Midgar be more of an open world that you can explore, with all the familiar story beats gated so that they're still experienced in the right order?

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Cactus posted:

gently caress yeah, got beta from the snake at ~lvl 20. Feels like the game only really starts once you leave Midgar. I'm really curious to see how they expand it. Will it be more story added into a linear structure or will Midgar be more of an open world that you can explore, with all the familiar story beats gated so that they're still experienced in the right order?
I suspect a bit of both. Maybe they'll expand some of the other sectors, add in some side quests like FF15. I think they'll move some of the story dump in Kalm forward to Midgar. It also looks like some of the game length will be in the fact that you can't escape battles - from demo footage doesn't look like you can use ladders or open doors in battle, so they can add in enemies to set the pace and stop people rushing past enemies. No idea if the game will "open up" and allow you to avoid non-boss fights entirely later.

Also, it's interesting that you get Ifrit much earlier but if Midgar is really going to be a full-length game, it makes sense to get 1 or 2. Also don't know if save games will actually transfer between games or you just get a new base save.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How does the game work anyway - are the parts going to be their own games or can you go back to all the previous locations and quests?

In other words, are we just "buying each disc"?

Gonna laugh so hard if there's no world map

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Your guess is as good as ours.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wouldn't worry about the other parts, or even assume they are going to exist someday.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Saint Freak posted:

I wouldn't worry about the other parts, or even assume they are going to exist someday.

I'm just glad we're getting an expanded Midgar, that was all I ever wanted.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want to get all up in the guts of that &^#$# pizza.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

This just got delayed to April 10

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

zenintrude posted:

This delay are sick.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LMAO this is never coming out

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oof, right between R3make and Cyberpunk.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

zenintrude posted:

*stewie griffin-ishly* HA!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Caidin posted:

Oof, right between R3make and Cyberpunk.

It's okay. One of them will almost certainly get delayed too.

I've been expecting Cyberpunk to be pushed back till the Christmas window basically since the date was announced. Think how many delays Witcher 3 had.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A month is a whatever-amount of delay.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if that’s all it takes to give the game some extra love, then by all means

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In fact, it's such a short delay I think it's quite possible that the main reason for it is not to add extra polish (but of course that's a bonus), but to push it into the next fiscal quarter.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Isn't that usually the opposite of what companies want to do? Though I guess if Square are a bit short of games in that quarter/fiscal year, it makes sense.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah in this era of companies releasing clearly unfinished games with day 1 patches I'm not gonna fault them for taking some more time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Isn't that usually the opposite of what companies want to do? Though I guess if Square are a bit short of games in that quarter/fiscal year, it makes sense.
Avengers got hit with a significant 4-month delay that slapped it from May 15th to September 4th. They're both SE games, so it's quite possible they pushed 7R later to accommodate that loss. If 7R had like, a two-three month delay then yeah I could buy into some rough edges that need to be fixed, but a month? That doesn't seem likely.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Probably not the case, but I do wonder if all the leaks gave them an opportunity to gauge some early reactions and made them decide to make some tweaks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Elephant Ambush posted:

LMAO this is never coming out

Hahaha I literally just posted that in the gbs thread

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah in this era of companies releasing clearly unfinished games with day 1 patches I'm not gonna fault them for taking some more time.

Ff7 remake will have a day one patch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if this will delay the demo too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
SE looked at the leaked screenshots and realized "oh poo poo we forgot to texture this guy"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Wait you’re supposed to add textures? poo poo we gotta delay this thing.”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If they really wanted to make fans sweat they should have announced the new date but not say what year.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

CottonWolf posted:

Your guess is as good as ours Square Enix's.

FTFY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Overbite posted:

Ff7 remake will have a day one patch

Absolutely