Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

a Loving Dog posted:

I’ll probably do this lol

i have kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on ps2, ps3, and ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is unknown how many games FF7R will be, but the Midgar part that makes up the first game is considerably expanded relative to the original version.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I mean they said that but how much have we actually seen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The best part of ff7 is midgar and the rest is half assed evangelion nonsense so its good that ita only midgar tbj

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mysterious loyall X posted:

The best part of ff7 is midgar and the rest is half assed evangelion nonsense so its good that ita only midgar tbj

what about golden saucer

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Square Enix are doing everything in their power to bury it meaning people are only going to get 100x more pissed when they finish the remake in 7 hours. It seems like suicide

I mean maybe but they're expanding midgar and pulling stuff from later in the game into midgar so it's gonna be a full size game, just with a sequel hook lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tried and failed to get past disc 1 like 8 times now qq. and im the kind of person hwo finishes games

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I mean maybe but they're expanding midgar and pulling stuff from later in the game into midgar so it's gonna be a full size game, just with a sequel hook lol

considering they havent shown a single second of what theyve 'expanded' in midgar its almost certainly just fetch quest busy work bullshit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sounds like itll equal and surpass goty 2k18 red dead 2 with that kind of content

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

considering they havent shown a single second of what theyve 'expanded' in midgar its almost certainly just fetch quest busy work bullshit

Hoipe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ff7 got delayed again...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i’d rather them delay and put out a better game. those guys are under a lotta pressure and i imagine no matter what they put out, people will complain

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if they delay long enough they can release the entire game all at once

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dumbass op got banned in qcs lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

sorry about your lovely max HP Prompto but I am replacing the accessory that boosts it with this new one I found that lets you take more pictures in a single day

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

dumbass op got banned in qcs lmao

rip to the boy

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1223191038975791104?s=21

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is going to be epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god I can't wait

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

beautfiul 🌺

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

:bisonyes:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Is the version of ffVI on steam good if i were to play it for the 1st time? pc is my only option regardless

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

just download an emulator and rom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the mobile ports are beyond ugly. I think the go to is the GBA version with a SNES music replacement but it's been a while so idr exactly

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just play ff7 instead.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
i bought the steam version and modded it w/a world reborn mod and some other thing that changed the sprites/music/both. made the music quality top notch and is much win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Play the snes ff6 becuase the gba was translated by fricktard sjws whom censored epic woolsey lines like Mr. Thou and Son of a submariner

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

Is the version of ffVI on steam good if i were to play it for the 1st time? pc is my only option regardless

It's ugly as sin, but in all other respects the best version available.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

It's ugly as sin, but in all other respects the best version available.

wrong!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

whos this dude?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bump_fn posted:

whos this dude?

i think thats me?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nutmeg posted:

FF6 is more or less my favorite game of all time. I tried playing the phone port (which is the same as the Steam port) and I hated it.

Then later on the same day I tried it on my nvidia shield portable, which is basically an android device with a fold-down screen and an xbox 360 gamepad built in, and I enjoyed it way more. so I think it was playing without a gamepad that was really bothering me

the only thing that sucks about it is the character sprites look pretty goofy. they look like something you'd see in RPG maker. the re-drawn enemy graphics are decent, as are the mode 7 graphics and some other stuff.

i find the GBA translation the best, and a tie between the android/mobile port and the snes one. the snes one has a lot of quirks I like, but the more updated translations make things a lot clearer and are easier to follow the plot with. i personally hate fan translations (unless it's something like where someone takes the GBA translation and hacks it into the SNES ROM, which no one has done yet for FF6)

but anyway if PC is absolutely your only option i'd probably say just download the original SNES ROM and an emulator, even if it contradicts a lot of what i just said. I would say the GBA one but even with the snes audio hack it still sounds like poo poo and the resolution is a lot lower which might turn you off to the game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

bump_fn posted:

whos this dude?

some chump who's gonna get his rear end beat by me when final Fantasy vii remake comes out this spring exclusively for playstation 4

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

play the GBA version of FF6 on an actual GBA, then it's fantastic. otherwise stick to the original SNES version whenever possible. i'd prefer the laggy PS1 version instead of the sprite phonegame on Steam. glad to hear you can mod it easily, though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I put the GBA versh with restored music + colours on my 3ds and it owned

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

FF6 is more or less my favorite game of all time. I tried playing the phone port (which is the same as the Steam port) and I hated it.

Then later on the same day I tried it on my nvidia shield portable, which is basically an android device with a fold-down screen and an xbox 360 gamepad built in, and I enjoyed it way more. so I think it was playing without a gamepad that was really bothering me

the only thing that sucks about it is the character sprites look pretty goofy. they look like something you'd see in RPG maker. the re-drawn enemy graphics are decent, as are the mode 7 graphics and some other stuff.

i find the GBA translation the best, and a tie between the android/mobile port and the snes one. the snes one has a lot of quirks I like, but the more updated translations make things a lot clearer and are easier to follow the plot with. i personally hate fan translations (unless it's something like where someone takes the GBA translation and hacks it into the SNES ROM, which no one has done yet for FF6)

but anyway if PC is absolutely your only option i'd probably say just download the original SNES ROM and an emulator, even if it contradicts a lot of what i just said. I would say the GBA one but even with the snes audio hack it still sounds like poo poo and the resolution is a lot lower which might turn you off to the game

gently caress you

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
put the final fantasy 3 cart in the super nintendo