Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

You yahoos keep talking about that $5 rotisserie chicken, so I went ahead and got one tonight to try it out, to see how a $5 rotisserie chicken tastes.

God drat, that's some pretty good mother loving chicken.

The last one I got I ate all the dark meat and used all the white meat for chicken enchiladas. :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

GORDON posted:

You yahoos keep talking about that $5 rotisserie chicken, so I went ahead and got one tonight to try it out, to see how a $5 rotisserie chicken tastes.

I’m pretty sure they pump them full of saline but still

It’s a fine chicken

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

david_a posted:

I’m pretty sure they pump them full of saline but still

It’s a fine chicken

MSG

Lots and lots of delicious MSG

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hello, I'd like to let the thread know my mother went to costco the other day and asked if I wanted anything and I said, "Bitchin Sauce!" And she came back with one! :^0

Also, I'm literally the only one whose been eating it lmao

*laboured breathing*
Its made of almonds!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

MSG

Lots and lots of delicious MSG

:yeah:

MSG is good and its rap as being bad for you is steeped in racism.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

ya it's good. if it's any consolation, i['ve been going to costco since price club days in early 90s, and I only recently bought the $5 chicken a couple years back.

all those costco runs... :negative:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Chinatown posted:

:yeah:

MSG is good and its rap as being bad for you is steeped in racism.

Yup.

The only bummer with the rotisserie chicken is that with the inevitable dog and soda (with free refill!) and maybe something else, I'm never hungry leaving Costco. So I usually only buy one if I'll have some time when I get home to break it down some and put it in the fridge.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
If you got an Instant Pot, save those chicken bones to make the best chicken stock you've ever had. Stock freezes great too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Shout out to the kirkland merino wool blend socks, they are loving great for keeping my feet nice and cosy in lovely winter weather. drat I love them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wear merino wool socks year round. They wick sweat away, although my feet don't really sweat. But they breath nicely.

I also wear jeans year round.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
They are lovely socks and similar enough to one another that I don't have to match them.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
We talking he blue and black ones? Yeah usually they're lost under a boot so I mostly gae up on matching them.

Got me executive rebate and I came close to a free membership! Blessed be. Another set of tires would have gotten me there.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wear merino wool socks year round. They wick sweat away, although my feet don't really sweat. But they breath nicely.

I also wear jeans year round.

Yea I wear them year round too, even in Texas summer. You would think by the end of the day the sock would be soaked in sweat, but it never happens. Thin white cotton normal socks come off smelly as hell but the merino wool ones don’t. i don’t ask any questions, and just wear the wool ones

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
this might be the weekend I finally open my ham leg

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Clavavisage posted:

this might be the weekend I finally open my ham leg

but enough about your varicose vein surgery

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Gotta take something back to church for only the second time in my 10ish years of Costco membership.

First item was about five years ago, a coffee maker lasted all of a month before water tarted leaking everywhere. It's replacement lasted until last week when the heating unit broke. This isn't what I'm returning, five years on a cheap $20 coffee maker is fine by me.

I'm returning an 18 pack of English Muffins that started to grow mold on them barely a week after I got them, before I had even opened them!

And a pair of jeans I bought months ago where the button fell off at some point, but I just kept putting off returning them because I told myself I could totally get one of those jean repair kits and put my own button back on, but never did.

I'm assuming there won't be any trouble with these? Nor receipt for either, but the jeans were purchased last summer so I hope they don't hassle me for it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’ve never abused the return policy but I use it frequently when things don’t satisfy or, like your pants, a button fell off. Never had an issue or a groan or an eye roll. I spend thousands a year at Costco, it’s thanks to that policy and the rad poo poo they sell.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’ve never abused the return policy but I use it frequently when things don’t satisfy or, like your pants, a button fell off. Never had an issue or a groan or an eye roll. I spend thousands a year at Costco, it’s thanks to that policy and the rad poo poo they sell.

I'm on the fence about returning a Cuisinart toaster I bought ~6 months ago. Even on the highest setting, bread comes out barely toasted. I also don't use it that often so I'm weighing the inconvenience of:

- cleaning it
- digging up the receipt
- standing in line (Los Angeles Costcos have no "down" time)
- buying a new toaster

vs:

- putting my toast back in for another 30 seconds

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If a button falls off a piece of clothing I either try to fix it myself or better yet have my sister do it. She's good with that type of stuff.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Argyle posted:

- digging up the receipt

Why would you need a receipt? The purchase is tied to your membership.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm returning an 18 pack of English Muffins that started to grow mold on them barely a week after I got them, before I had even opened them!

Maybe expectations are skewed by the loading up of preservatives but to me a week for a bread product to start going moldy doesn't seem that outlandish.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Barry posted:

Maybe expectations are skewed by the loading up of preservatives but to me a week for a bread product to start going moldy doesn't seem that outlandish.

english muffins also freeze really well

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anyone else’s Costco couch pill up like crazy? Gotta take a drat sweater razor to it every month

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

AKZ posted:

Why would you need a receipt? The purchase is tied to your membership.

Even if you didn't purchase it, if they sell it you can get money back. I got a gift of BOTW for Christmas, already owned it, and the giver didn't provide a receipt. Costco took it and gave me a gift card reimbursement.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ate another jug of Bitchin Sauce solo :c00lbutt: that makes 3 total

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Nevermind

AKZ fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 17, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

What's the best version of Bitchin Sauce? Only one I've tried so far is the chipotle which is great, but I saw there are like 6 other varieties now.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Enos Cabell posted:

What's the best version of Bitchin Sauce? Only one I've tried so far is the chipotle which is great, but I saw there are like 6 other varieties now.

Where is this stocked in the store? I've looked a few times, but I don't know if it's by the hummus, with the non perishable condiments, or what

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

First time I found it was near the hummus/cheese etc. Today it was in one of the open top coolers for the "featured" items near the freezer sections. They only just recently started stocking it here in Nebraska.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Chipotle is my jam.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Chipolte one and the cilantro one.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enos Cabell posted:

I've only ever had Chipotle and Costco only sells Chipotle as far as I know. So, I have no idea lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I got a rotisserie chicken today, and I'll stand by the stance that they're not that great but they're a loving great value.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Pick posted:

I got a rotisserie chicken today, and I'll stand by the stance that they're not that great but they're a loving great value.

:same:

Was a great dinner.

My kids also sampled some ham that they loved. Oh boy, have I got something to introduce them to next Christmas!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

Shout out to the kirkland merino wool blend socks, they are loving great for keeping my feet nice and cosy in lovely winter weather. drat I love them.

I've been wearing:

Fleece lined jeans
Merino blend long underwear and undershirt
Merino trail socks
Quilted plaid jacket

All from Costco while working outdoors lately. pbuc

The fleece lined jeans are a goddamn game changer

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've only returned twice, and both were within a week.

The first was a bag of sweet potatoes that I didn't notice had a dead potato on the bottom and was dripping sweet potato grossness. I didn't notice until I got home and it ran all over my counters.

The second was an unopened bag of finlandia cheese slices that grew mold in three days.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have flannel lined khakis and sherpa fleece hoodies from eddie bauer and they are good as hell as well.

It’s all about staying as warm as possible while out watching the kids run around the snow.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Schmeichy posted:

Even if you didn't purchase it, if they sell it you can get money back. I got a gift of BOTW for Christmas, already owned it, and the giver didn't provide a receipt. Costco took it and gave me a gift card reimbursement.

I actually had the opposite experience. I got a chair as a gift, tried to return it with the original receipt and got denied repeatedly.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

ranbo das posted:

I actually had the opposite experience. I got a chair as a gift, tried to return it with the original receipt and got denied repeatedly.

That's very unusual for costco.

I've returned a bunch of things - mostly clothes. They don't carry my size shirts in store (usually small) so I order a bunch from the website and return ones that don't fit well.

Also returned a TCL TV about 2 weeks after buying it because I just couldn't get it to work with Windows Media Center (kept flickering on premium cable channels). Support was worthless and blamed my computer (which miraculously works fine with the new replacement LG and my old Samsung TV).

At this point I'm happy to pay a bit more than other places just for the awesome customer service and return policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A coworker was saying how his roommate bought a snowblower to clear their driveway from costco and will return it tomorrow.. A shameful story compounded by I don't think I've ever even seen a snowblower for sale at Vancouver area costcos so was probably a flat out lie anyway.