Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Walker: Texas Ranger starring Jared Padalecki because I guess they're okay with his legal problem.

Filming in Vancity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
:laffo: One family on this show actually believes there is a literal ghost in their house telling them through vibrations to be preppers because a comet is going to hit the Earth.

:ghost:you have to start stockpiling MREs ooooOOOooo:ghost:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Great, now i'm gonna get lost down another Doomsday Prepper binge hole.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

The racist chuds aren’t fun to watch, but every episode seems to have some kind of insane wild card who believes in a science fiction scenario.

My favorite is still the Lou Ferigno looking rear end in a top hat and his ten kids who built a literal castle in the woods but didn’t bother to finish it or even give it a roof. Just a giant pile of concrete with no doors and standing water everywhere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Don't go down the fallout shelter rabbit hole, i was watching videos of a guy running septic systems with an excavator, nek minute i'm 2 videos in to a fallout shelter company beef with some redneck dude wearing a trump t-shirt and a maga hat, having beef with some other guy selling steel coffins to people.

Took me hours to get them out of my suggested videos.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 15, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its been years since I watched it but I seem to recall the Doomsday Prepper episode format being like 1 crazy racist gun guy, 1 overly anxious person in society, and 1 totally out of their mind person turning their backyard into a post apocalyptic system before the super volcano explodes.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The only Doomsday Prepper episode I remember was one where some guy's fallout shelter in the middle of the woods was broken into and looted because his security system was poo poo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Okay, my new favorite rear end in a top hat on this show is the guy convinced he can cause a rockslide to block the local road. And of course he tests this by rolling a giant boulder down the hill onto an active road.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a guilty pleasure of listening to apocalypse books when i'm in a bad mood at work. If you only knew how many doomsday preppers try and write zombie fiction. i have a pile of audiobooks i've stopped listening too because some Steven King wannabe hits you with the old "Liberal snowflakes" in the first chapter. Then the next chapter is a laundry list of stuff in their dream zombie shelter. It's terrifying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite thing about Preppers was always that smarmy thing the show did where they'd get a "survival expert" to analyze the prepper and point out where they were gently caress ups and how to fix it it and then the prepper always goes all petulant and rejects it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Preppers: We're diabetic and will die without a shitload of insulin.
Experts: You don't have enough supplies and insulin. If you get more we give you 10 months.
Preppers: I disagree.

But... you said...

Update:
Prepper: Me and my husband are going through a messy divorce and I won the prepping stuff, but I have to go get it and they're out there with guns.

:stonk:

I kind of hate myself for continuing to watch this.

edit: God drat, that guy building a post apocalypse smokehouse out of beer bottles jumped REAL quick to "I'll make human jerky."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 15, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s worth it for the hidden gems, like the guy I’m watching now who just started eating wild berries without knowing what they were while he insisted the universe would tell him what not to eat because his body is like an antenna.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

I have a guilty pleasure of listening to apocalypse books when i'm in a bad mood at work. If you only knew how many doomsday preppers try and write zombie fiction. i have a pile of audiobooks i've stopped listening too because some Steven King wannabe hits you with the old "Liberal snowflakes" in the first chapter. Then the next chapter is a laundry list of stuff in their dream zombie shelter. It's terrifying.

I loved it in World War Z when the author takes a moment to call out all the preppers as either idiots who had giant holes in their plans and ended up stockpiling useful resources that got wasted when they died, or even when everything went great then they just became little pockets of armed psycho whackjobs that impeded the recovery as much as the zombies did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
man the title sequence for The New Pope is soooo good

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LOL I forgot the grading thing in Doomsday Preppers, what's even the goddamn point if you only last at best another year or two more than everyone else? Living in a glorified basement eating MREs and making GBS threads in a hole, good times.

E: the WWIII Boston guy getting a mail-order bride and turning her life upside-down with his insane bullshit is legit depressing, this watch isn't fun anymore. :smith:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 15, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

New Pope good

:hai:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

my roommates are watching the circle on Netflix and it’s so dog poo poo I thought it was going to be some ARG thing for black mirror but I guess it’s just normal.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Are they going to change the title in episode 2? The Newer Pope.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"What if Memento, but dumber?"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alhazred posted:

Say hwat?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Is there any interest in a general Oscar chat thread? I don't wanna keep bringing it up in here unless that's what y'all prefer. I just wanna bitch about how Uncut Gems got snubbed now that I watched it.

Alhazred posted:

What effing version of Memento did you watch?!?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Croatoan posted:

Is there any interest in a general Oscar chat thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910864

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ok but CD is generally insufferable IMO.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Go and make it better. Be the change you want to see in the world.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

less laughter posted:

Go and make it better. Be the change you want to see in the world.

But that would take effort and stuff

It's so much easier and more comforting to complain about people behind their back, like old people at church!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I make a solemn promise to you all: I will never post in CD.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

But that would take effort and stuff

It's so much easier and more comforting to complain about people behind their back, like old people at church!

You gotta let this go and fast

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It was just an ask. Still can't believe that guy wanted to be a mod.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Who Greenlighted this poo poo is the only good thread in CD

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

Good times, is that why he loving bailed for 5 months in protest?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Being a moderator seemed like a nightmarish hell before all this recent poo poo, now it seems like an actual punishment detail.

(USER WILL MOD GOONS IN SPOONS FOR SIX MONTHS FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Croatoan posted:

Ok but CD is generally insufferable IMO.

It’s my thread so I promise it’ll be nice. It’s been fine so far.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

WHO MODS THE MODERATORS

I don't know, Coast Guard?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I don't know, Coast Guard?

It's not like they're doing anything else

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Croatoan posted:

Still better than most of the admin team we have at the moment :v:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I cannot imagine actually wanting to moderate goons. It's gotta just suck. Such a thankless job.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s my thread so I promise it’ll be nice. It’s been fine so far.

Ok I'll check it out.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 15, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Iron Crowned posted:

Who Greenlighted this poo poo is the only good thread in CD

The movie poster and trailer threads are pretty good :shobon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's a bit weird that the spoopy youtube format hasn't been successful on TV yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

You gotta let this go and fast

I'll never be comfortable around gossip like that. Maybe it's a function of growing up in the South, and having to hear those old church women with, as Burroughs said, "their pinched mean bitter faces". I just don't see how it's ever useful or interesting to do that. I think I'm allowed to have that opinion. I would hope so anyway. :shrug:

"Be excellent to each other"