Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dos dude 1 should register cantalina dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I just noticed (thanks to a notification) that the Photos app has turned the same weekend trip from 2018 into 17 separate memories.

edit: this trip was the first weekend after I upgraded to this phone. and I thought Memory generation only happened when the phone was plugged in?

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 13, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my 2015 macbooks pros has been acting increasingly erratic and i hope this won't end up being "reflow things in an oven" situation

apples just work :argh:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

My Apple Weather list of cities was replaced with "Bunkyo-ku" this morning, thanks Apple!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

my 2015 macbooks pros has been acting increasingly erratic and i hope this won't end up being "reflow things in an oven" situation

my 2015 13" is still going fine, but the battery is running down faster and faster

replacing the battery looks like a real pain, but i'm not getting a new one until they refresh the 13 pro or maybe air without the jony keyboard, so...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
looks like timb is selling rackmountable mac pros

starting at only $6499!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
do they bend in a rack like xserves did

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
gonna build an absolute sick stebecoin mining op with those babies.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

FMguru posted:

starting at only $6499!

thicc

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

FMguru posted:

reported for pluralisation crimes

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FMguru posted:

starting at only $6499!

what's the point of this thing

the only use for rackmounted macs is ios build farms and they made the mac mini stackable for that

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
If you fill up an entire rack cabinet with macs pro, you can twitter a picture to timb and maybe, just maybe, he'll notice you and realize you are a professional and let you buy an iphone pro.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The_Franz posted:

the only use for rackmounted macs is ios build farms and they made the mac mini stackable for that

video rendering farms or other gpu applications [that no one performs on macos since forever]

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The_Franz posted:

my 2015 13" is still going fine, but the battery is running down faster and faster

replacing the battery looks like a real pain, but i'm not getting a new one until they refresh the 13 pro or maybe air without the jony keyboard, so...

my macbook pro 2013s battery is expanding and it broke the trackpad. this is a battery that was replaced (because of the same problem) in march 2018.

at least they fix it for free out of warranty

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The_Franz posted:

to run osx vms

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

poty posted:

my macbook pro 2013s battery is expanding and it broke the trackpad. this is a battery that was replaced (because of the same problem) in march 2018.

at least they fix it for free out of warranty

the batteries work too good. apple does it again!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

to run osx vms

how does apple even license that?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
actually i was checking my email apple receipts and the 2018 fix wasnt free they charged me $200. crap

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

graph posted:

to run osx vms

which necessitates asking again "what's the point?"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

klafbang posted:

If you fill up an entire rack cabinet with macs pro, you can twitter a picture to timb and maybe, just maybe, he'll notice you and realize you are a professional and let you buy an iphone pro.

you don't need to go that far, all you need to
do to get tim to notice you is defend apple and every decision they make on an internet discussion forum

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

how does apple even license that?

yes

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Bulgakov posted:

this happened with mine too, the fan is going crazy. usually i'd open her up and clean it out but I don't know how user serviceable these ones are. i just ordered a 16" as a BYOD for work but i want to keep the old one going for a while

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

indeed.

they still don't have a native virtualization solution either, so whatever

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

this happened with mine too, the fan is going crazy. usually i'd open her up and clean it out but I don't know how user serviceable these ones are. i just ordered a 16" as a BYOD for work but i want to keep the old one going for a while

the fan assembly looks like it can be removed without dismantling the heatsink/heatpipe, so you'd just have to take the bottom cover off and remove the screws from the fan itself

lol @ the segmented battery being glued in though. good stuff

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1217228960964038658?s=19

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

friendship ended with tim apple. now huawei is my best friend.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tim apple wants to help communist infiltrators and other subversives, why is america helping him again?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
tim now discovers the price of his bargain with the orange man

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

one of these bazillionaires needs to buy the property out from under trump tower and just evict his rear end

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

at first i was gonna say that they could possibly scrap the tower and recoup their costs but faux-gilded plastic probably isn’t worth that much.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

wow, timb has a grate rack

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm Timb apple, showcasing the US Apple factory not actually owned and operated by Apple to our great orange president.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
gizmodos headline regarding trump lashing out at apple is p solid - "old man yells at icloud"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Breakfast All Day posted:

wow, timb has a grate rack

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Lambert posted:

I'm Timb apple, showcasing the US Apple factory not actually owned and operated by Apple to our great orange president.

the one where they used to have robots doing lots of stuff, and now it's just sliding things around on lunch trays

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

my iphone 11pro is extremely good still and the battery still lasts two days. thank you apple ML. the camera is very good and I have taken lots of live photos of my son doing cute things.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

im having problems as well, gonna try repasting cos afaik these had issues with bad paste.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

my stepdads beer posted:

my iphone 11pro is extremely good still and the battery still lasts two days. thank you apple ML. the camera is very good and I have taken lots of live photos of my son doing cute things.

a brand new phone has a good battery?! :monocle: