Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

gosh if only drug addicts knew facts about drugs they might not die, thank god honorable fact-based medical reporting on silk road dot com existed to save people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Um, buying drugs doesn’t kill people, taking (wrong) drugs kills people. Maybe go after the needle industry instead of innocent bitcoins, which disn’t do anything wrong in much the same sense that Frossy did.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

you say one person killed by drugs, ross says one person saved from wild fire

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/KarenCivil/status/1216802266411388930

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic
Got my blueprint, it's symphonic

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

wow what a good, pure boy Free Ross is

*looks over again, Ross is posing deep in thought and perfectly still with a dove perching on his outstretched hand*

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Boxturret posted:

you say one person killed by drugs, ross says one person saved from wild fire

lol

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

mojo1701a posted:

Well, it finally happened. I had to have this stuff included in my final CPA course:

oh no

and i bet it's not even "how to get anyone touching this stuff sent directly to jail"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

It's always fun when celebrities are riding along on a massive con. I just hope this is being documented as well as Fyre Festival was.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LanceHunter posted:

It's always fun when celebrities are riding along on a massive con. I just hope this is being documented as well as Fyre Festival was.

I'm more partial to the Soulja Boy console as the best example.

Masiakasaurus
Oct 11, 2012
saw someone online the other day bragging about making $1.70 worth of cryptocurrency - not even bitcoin, it was ETH and BAT and some other garbage - by blogging.

in a loving week.

man i wish i could pull in the kind of big money that could net me one big mac a month

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Paladinus posted:

I'm more partial to the Soulja Boy console as the best example.

wasn't that the one where soulja boy imported a shitload of those cheap chinese counterfeit consoles, rebranded them all something XXXTREME like "soulja gamex ultimate system 5000" and then tried to get people to buy them for the price of a real console?

celebrities are the best scammers

edit: i got some badass alliteration goin there :c00l:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

divabot posted:

oh no

and i bet it's not even "how to get anyone touching this stuff sent directly to jail"

Like I said, less than two minutes of description and to treat it the same as foreign currencies.

Thankfully, one of my coworkers had to go to a professional development seminar a few years ago where they covered it. He came back and said, "I just assume it's all some kind of scam."

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Wikipedia has a crappy internal newsletter called the Signpost, and the editor's been bugging me for most of the past year to write something about cryptos on Wikipedia for it. I finally drafted something. Mostly it's for my fellow Wikipedia editors, but normal humans should be able to understand the jargon - suggestions welcomed.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

doesn't start with "greetings fellow wikipeidans" 0/100

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

divabot posted:

Wikipedia has a crappy internal newsletter called the Signpost, and the editor's been bugging me for most of the past year to write something about cryptos on Wikipedia for it. I finally drafted something. Mostly it's for my fellow Wikipedia editors, but normal humans should be able to understand the jargon - suggestions welcomed.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

divabot posted:

normal humans should be able to understand the jargon - suggestions welcomed.

idk why you’d ask that here of all places

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The Little Death posted:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:hmmyes:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

divabot posted:

I have a feeling, you’re not treating the topic with the gravity it deserves

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

klafbang posted:

I have a feeling, you’re not treating the topic with the gravity it deserves

close

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

more like wAkonda

though wakanda had better cg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'Etherium 2.0 Foundation' has hijacked the youtube channel of a popular Australian music artist called Pogo (over 800k subs) to broadcast a blurry stream and promote some definitely real give-away.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-K7GIs62ENvdQe6ZZk9-w

That's a new one.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

more like wAkonda

though wakanda had better cg

!!WRONG!!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Paladinus posted:

'Etherium 2.0 Foundation' has hijacked the youtube channel of a popular Australian music artist called Pogo (over 800k subs) to broadcast a blurry stream and promote some definitely real give-away.

That's a new one.

And youtube will do nothing about it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

orange juche posted:

And youtube will do nothing about it

I've seen channels hijacked before, and usually owners get them back in two-three days. But that's true only for big time youtubers, obviously.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

inmates can use twitter?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

blugu64 posted:

inmates can use twitter?

spoiler alert: it's his mom roleplaying as him

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

That's a new one.

it's still going on

is it some old thing that they have on loop?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

saw a bit where vitalick was talking about that fun ponzi game bitcoiners like to play

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

it's still going on

is it some old thing that they have on loop?

I think it's just random crypto videos. Don't know if they loop.

Boxturret posted:

saw a bit where vitalick was talking about that fun ponzi game bitcoiners like to play

Oh, you mean bitcoin? Yeah, they love it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it seems to be an hour and a half video of a podcast interview with butterin, something called the portal. why they chose to loop that for 20 hours i don't know

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

spoiler alert: it's his mom roleplaying as him

there's a fross advocacy account who has been trying pretty hard to debunk that. they keep saying that the frossy account is "run by a loved one but it is NOT his mom" but refuses to say who it is

i guess his mom doesn't care enough about him to do the roleplay anymore :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ross writes it on the blockchain by hand and sends it to every inmate getting released in exchange for fractions of a penny

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

there's a fross advocacy account who has been trying pretty hard to debunk that. they keep saying that the frossy account is "run by a loved one but it is NOT his mom" but refuses to say who it is

i thought it was admitted to be his mom at least at some point, maybe im wrong

Alan Smithee posted:

Ross writes it on the blockchain by hand and sends it to every inmate getting released in exchange for fractions of a penny
maybe he uses Charlie Shrem's mackerel-coin based prison message system.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

maybe it's his brother that said ross isn't like those dark criminal types

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boxturret posted:

maybe it's his brother that said ross isn't like those dark criminal types

shirley his brother would know better than to post the terrible “art”

gotta be mum

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
Every form of money is a pyramid scheme. Nobody was born then got to vote on what we used as money - we just had to use what all the richest people were already calling money. Well, until Bitcoin.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

niocttub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

niocttub

:eyepop: