Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

TorakFade posted:

Also unlocked bounty hunting, went off to do my first bounty and once I get there I have a prompt to find a "scouting position" but there's no sign, area or indication on the map. I get closer and see some enemies, I crouch but they still spot me, shooting starts, the bounty arrives and immediately flees, I try to give chase but I get sidetracked by 10 guys shooting at me, lose the bounty and fail the mission.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Do you have to use stealth? Because I am more of a guns-blazing type and really don't like stealth in this game especially

I usually just wait outside the camp until you see the bounty coming in, fire off a few shots at his buddies and they usually run away so you can just chase them down and ignore the camp completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TorakFade posted:

OK got it, hopefully next ones will be more shooty-shooty from the start, I was a bit confused :)

Is it still true that you have to turn in bounties as late as possible to maximize the reward, as I've read on many websites? It sounds like a really bad mechanic... like punishing you for working quickly and efficiently :confused:

Yep! It's a mechanic solely meant to dissuade cheaters even though it doesn't make any sense at all otherwise.. :rockstar:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My buddy and I managed to catch a 6-alive bounty quite efficiently and turned them in for a whopping maybe $70 which basically paid for a few lost bolas to catch all 6 without fleeing. It was a $$$ bounty.

It’s such a stupid system considering we pulled off arguably the hardest feat of the non legendary bounties and could have made more money by sitting around having a beer with them in the wagon.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ygolonac posted:

New to customisable anything in vidyagames, are you?

I'm certain that people are using every trick and glitch to make anime waifus, I've just managed to avoid encountering any imagery...

and here I just made Meg

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I still need to build some 3rd Street Saints outfits. I was looking at doing so in single-player, but IIRC I ran out of properly obnoxious-purple options.

Didn't even try to play last night - luckily, I'd done just enough late Sunday to keep my streak going.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I saw a Michael Jackson (smooth criminal) that was amazing during poker. I wish I had taken a screenshot.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Just noticed it seems like you play music for poo poo when drunk. Nice.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

you dance better too. the band thing is a great bit of flavour

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Love the little detail with the prompts when drunk.

Sleekly posted:

you dance better too. the band thing is a great bit of flavour

I wish they'd play until you told them to stop.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

um so a 17.3 gig PS4 RDR patch is now downloading

edit: lol it failed for data corruption but when i retried it it was less than 600mb

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 15, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

yeah same on RDR2 PC, 600mb patch yesterday

only patchnote I can find is "fixes and improvements to stability"

I logged in, went to my camp, and it wasn't there. Icon there, no cripps, no tables, no tents. Wonderful patch :rockstar:

(jokes aside, it would at least seem like it's faster to join sessions, and I don't get as many crashes / infinite loading / err_gfx_state as I was getting before the patch)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

pretty much the same result for PS4 as that

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They supposedly fixed the disappearing moonshine, but kept all the other bugs. Great patch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can actually play and there were animals around my camp! But my moonshine house was gone. Is that a net win?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ygolonac posted:

Ayup.

Kinda wonder if that happen if you go around to the back door?

Yep, exact same result, though there's some evidence of a bearglary in progress so it's not quite as much of a surprise.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s kind of stunning that the camp and animal bugs are still a big problem this long after the big patch which introduced the gameplay feature that relies entirely on hunting animals and bringing them to your camp

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Did they fix the dual wield bug in free roam events? I use dual Lemats/gunslinger so that bug really cramps my style.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hakarne posted:

Did they fix the dual wield bug in free roam events? I use dual Lemats/gunslinger so that bug really cramps my style.
Is the bug your dual wields just arent available? I did my first free roam event last night and this happened to me, so yes.

Buying an outlaw pass after you already hit club rank 100 is pretty great. Its just...a bunch of stuff for free.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s kind of stunning that the camp and animal bugs are still a big problem this long after the big patch which introduced the gameplay feature that relies entirely on hunting animals and bringing them to your camp

You'd think at least they'd be nice enough to cut out the camp fees and relocation fees until they sorted everything out but nope, I just paid to relocate a camp that wouldn't spwan three times before giving up and then got hit with the camp fee and audibly laughed.

My friend asked me earlier "How are the races in the online mode?" "Constant." I replied "I'm always racing to get somewhere or do something before I get disconnected."

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TorakFade posted:

yeah same on RDR2 PC, 600mb patch yesterday

only patchnote I can find is "fixes and improvements to stability"

I logged in, went to my camp, and it wasn't there. Icon there, no cripps, no tables, no tents. Wonderful patch :rockstar:

(jokes aside, it would at least seem like it's faster to join sessions, and I don't get as many crashes / infinite loading / err_gfx_state as I was getting before the patch)

The load times must have been long because of all those danged camp assets :haw:

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
if the camp doesn't spawn you don't lose any money. I don't know why people keep saying this in this thread and on reddit. you only lose the money once your camp is down and then he picks it up.

If you try to spawn a camp and the set up camp option just switches from white to greyed out you didn't lose anything.

but yeah the camp and animal bug is annoying. the bugs didn't start for me till the moonshine update. I never had a problem finding animals to bring to crips but I can't even find birds in the sky now.

I'm sitting at 20 on all the professions so I just put the game down when it decides it doesn't want to work but I hate waiting for 45 min for my moonshine to be rdy for a delivery and I have to idle cuz there's no animals to kill.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yay, new patch downloading!

...why isn't there an indicator for download progress? I seem to recall seeing that on previous patches. Only way I could check was just watching the icon on my taskbar slowly turn green.

Yay, new patch finished!

...why aren't there any animals other than birds? From my camp near the dreamcatcher tree in Heartlands, north to the farmhouse by the outflow? Nothing ground-based until I found two poor bison at that northern point. No rabbits/skunks/badgers/coyotes/foxes/hooved rats, only NPC-controlled horses. Even well-overstuffed servers would have *something*.

Yay, Moonshining didn't disconnect/eternal-load/otherwise fail! 1x ea revenooer-eradication/'shine-run/story mission. Plus an unrelated random whack-your-rivals encounter when heading to a bounty.

Did manage to scrape up two iguanas down south for the daily, but missed the trader-wagon distance one by like 150 feet or so. Still no wolves spotted or even heard.

Stupid RDO question: I have fish in my satchel, and sometimes packed on the horse. Is cooking them some level- or recipe-locked thing, or are they only good for sale?

Weird poo poo: (PC) has anyone had the game decide that wanting to dig up a box really meant you wanted to walk off in another direction with no way to stop or break out of the animation? Second time this has happened, and the only thing I could do was reconnect. :( Well, I could summon my hunting wagon and dismiss it, and call my horse, but no interactions with anything.

Almost forgot: got me a camp dawg the other day - Thori the Husky. Now if I can only get him to act like his namesake, with the murder and all...

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 15, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Cage posted:

Is the bug your dual wields just arent available? I did my first free roam event last night and this happened to me, so yes.

Buying an outlaw pass after you already hit club rank 100 is pretty great. Its just...a bunch of stuff for free.

So it's still happening and not fixed? Son of a bitch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ygolonac posted:

Weird poo poo: (PC) has anyone had the game decide that wanting to dig up a box really meant you wanted to walk off in another direction with no way to stop or break out of the animation? Second time this has happened, and the only thing I could do was reconnect. :( Well, I could summon my hunting wagon and dismiss it, and call my horse, but no interactions with anything.

Well I just found a treasure chest doing one of the rank reward maps, and it glitched while it opened up and I was unable to retrieve the contents of said chest, as they appeared to be in a state of quantum flux. Disappearing and reappearing at random and never giving me the option to claim my reward.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DrNutt posted:

Well I just found a treasure chest doing one of the rank reward maps, and it glitched while it opened up and I was unable to retrieve the contents of said chest, as they appeared to be in a state of quantum flux. Disappearing and reappearing at random and never giving me the option to claim my reward.
I love the deja vu animals. Had a white blip show up on the map, when I got closer it was a wolf on the ground dying. Mercy kill, get an arrowhead. Clone wolf pops up on map, walks right next to first wolf, lays down. Mercy kill, get an arrowhead. :hellyeah:

This happened before with a white blipped dog. Led me to some treasure. Went back where I first saw him and it let me do the event again.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On the bright side, I’m finding single player delightful. Going for 100% and it’s so much more fulfilling than online right now.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Sometimes clearing your cache helps with animals but you have to redo whatever changes you made in your settings. I miss the good ol days of finding animal trails in eagle eye and then tracking them down. That was so much easier than riding around in eagle eye, seeing flashing only to find out it's horses.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

only to find out it's horses.

Waiting for that Glue Factory DLC.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s so frustrating, because if animals spawned at the rate they do in SP (or during solo instances in MP) trading would be great because hunting is chill as hell. But it sucks roaming around for 2 minutes only to realize you live in a beastless world. I wish fish were viable for trader materials, that’d be chill too.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

SplitSoul posted:

Waiting for that Glue Factory DLC.

seriously. why do they have free roaming horses in rdo and they serve no purpose? Waiting on the horse tamer role.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Just let me important my online character into single player, Rockstar you cowards.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

doingitwrong posted:

Just let me important my online character into single player have private server instances, Rockstar you cowards.

Oh, and that import Arthur thing, too.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

After the trader role came out finding animals wasn't that difficult. I leveled it up quick and maxed out the trader belt buckle award to level 10 quick. Now I'm just a bird killer if I do the trader role at all these days.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
You almost have to focus on birbs and small game/skins that fit in your satchel, bec

ERROR - Server has taken a poo poo

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I just leveled the trader through trade route events. Fill up the cart and deliver

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

zooted heh posted:

seriously. why do they have free roaming horses in rdo and they serve no purpose? Waiting on the horse tamer role.

The guy in the stable in the tutorial even tells you to bring him any good horses you find. I think they're going to make a horse import/export someday.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

zooted heh posted:

Why do I always show info on them despite the fact that they’re always poo poo like I’m expecting Rockstar to put something in the game worth finding?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

doingitwrong posted:

Just let me important my online character into single player, Rockstar you cowards.

Yeah. I've been doing single player again and it's wild just how much alive the world feels. Which is a both nice and a shame, as I really like how my character turned out and Online has cool quality of life poo poo that wouldn't be out of place at all in single player.

When you realize there's more cops than people in town, unpleasant.

I just wanna yeehaw as a witchy cowgirl, but Online is so fucky since the moonshine update :(

Baba yaga time

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Online has cool quality of life poo poo that wouldn't be out of place at all in single player.

Let me buy more stable space in single player, Rockstar. I want all the pretty ponies. :argh:

Also let me pick herbs and poo poo from horseback. My online horse is so much more helpful than my single player horse in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
me, tipping my hat on my criollo, blowing past all you losers who got the slow rear end war horses to protect you from animals that won't spawn