Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I keep seeing commercials for 68 Whiskey and I am not sure how to feel. On one hand it seems gross to make a dramady about an ongoing war, on the other if they wait until American troops are pulled from Afghanistan they would never have a chance to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why wouldn't you call it 69 Whiskey for fucks sake

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That's disrespectful to the troops!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just looked up that Witcher song on Youtube and I think I quite like toss a coin to your witcher oh valley of plenty oh valley of plenty

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Witcher show is exactly okay. It's like a C+

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

I just looked up that Witcher song on Youtube and I think I quite like toss a coin to your witcher oh valley of plenty oh valley of plenty

Absolute banger

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know a lot of people bailed on the CW shows but the Crisis crossover was everything a comic book fan could ever want. It was so good!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I know a lot of people bailed on the CW shows but the Crisis crossover was everything a comic book fan could ever want. It was so good!

I had a cameo spoiled for me by Youtube and I genuinely thought it was a well made fan mashup because what I was witnessing was IMPOSSIBLE

cant wait to watch it in an hour

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

So it's done? Or are there episodes that haven't aired yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

I had a cameo spoiled for me by Youtube and I genuinely thought it was a well made fan mashup because what I was witnessing was IMPOSSIBLE

I had a major cameo spoiled for me by Grant Gustin's Instagram so that sucked.

Croatoan posted:

So it's done? Or are there episodes that haven't aired yet.

It wrapped up last night. The remaining episodes of each show's seasons will deal with fallout.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I keep seeing commercials for 68 Whiskey and I am not sure how to feel. On one hand it seems gross to make a dramady about an ongoing war, on the other if they wait until American troops are pulled from Afghanistan they would never have a chance to make it.

To me it just looks like they want to remake MASH without flatly stating "we are rebooting MASH".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
MASH sucks, HTH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Iron Crowned posted:

MASH sucks, HTH

It kind of does.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Link that vid.

I watched some scenes from Superman Returns and got really bummed about the state of current superhero fare. It's a flawed as hell film, but I was shocked at how effective and tense its action scenes were because it actually felt like people were in danger rather than it all being a big low-stakes cartoon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How many episodes did the Crisis event run for in the end?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rarity posted:

How many episodes did the Crisis event run for in the end?

5 parts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

MASH sucks, HTH

Incorrect

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OK boomer

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

swickles posted:

To me it just looks like they want to remake MASH without flatly stating "we are rebooting MASH".

Yeah that's what I assumed. The use of Fortunate Son in the commercials is another what the gently caress moment.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

feedmyleg posted:

Link that vid.

I watched some scenes from Superman Returns and got really bummed about the state of current superhero fare. It's a flawed as hell film, but I was shocked at how effective and tense its action scenes were because it actually felt like people were in danger rather than it all being a big low-stakes cartoon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pksh3l0iCPo

Let's see if that breaks auto-embed enough.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

was it with a netflix show?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Bruceski posted:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pksh3l0iCPo

Let's see if that breaks auto-embed enough.

Mh. Well, that confirms that the CW shows are not for me, I found that to be incredibly cringeworthy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Uhhhh so apparently that fake reality show that Wayne Coyne did years ago is gonna be a real thing

Lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

precision posted:

Uhhhh so apparently that fake reality show that Wayne Coyne did years ago is gonna be a real thing

Lmao

Man, I used to love Wayne Coyne so much but ever since he left his completely normal wife for an etsy-shilling festival groupie he’s just been a completely insufferable douchebag. The last few Lips albums have really confirmed that Steven Drozd was always the real talent in the band and I feel bad for the guy having to go along with Wayne’s “look at me and how wacky and counter culture I am!” poo poo just to ensure he has a paycheck.

Alright I’m done, thanks for coming to my “Wayne Coyne is having a permanent midlife crisis” TED Talk.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, agree. It's a drat shame. The last album they did that I really loved was Embryonic

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Remember when Coyne defended that terrible white chick that did the "Appropriate Culturation" poo poo wearing a Native head dress and then fired Kliph for daring to call her out on it. Yeeeeeeesh. Not a good look.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Considering s6 came out on Oct. 25, this seems very soon

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/1217476538280472578

IMO Bojack gets real close to redemption at the end but ends up facing serious consequences for his many sins because I don't think the show is going to cop out like that, I think that people still get punished, socially if not legally, even if they grow past the person they were, and so I expect a show that's brutally honest to follow through on that. Todd will escape and live a life of happiness however

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The October release was only the first half of season 6. This is the final half.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

The October release was only the first half of season 6. This is the final half.

Yeah I know but for example the first half of the last season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt came out on 5/30/18 and the second half came out on 1/25/19. Season 6 of AD was 5/19/18 for part 1 and 3/15/19 for part 2. These are the only shows Netflix split up that I can think of off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure there are more.

Like if the practice was to put 2 to 3 months between season "halves" I'd be a lot less irritated about it, a 8-10 month hiatus between halves is two different seasons, imo. So when they said they were splitting BJH into two halves for a final season I expected to see it this summer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Seasons are split so that they can be accepted for multiple awards seasons, IIRC. So there was probably no further reason to delay it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Seasons are split so that they can be accepted for multiple awards seasons, IIRC. So there was probably no further reason to delay it.

Urgh now I'm even more irritated about it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I honestly don't know how I want Bojack to end. I'm sure they've done a great job though. Remember when the critics only saw a few episodes of S1 and pretty much wrote it off?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hot Ones is getting a TV show on truTV; they've ordered 20 episodes.

Uh, okay.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh hell yeah, I've always wanted to watch a way worse version of a great show I already enjoy in the perfect way

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hey, heard y'all like Pizza. So we here at random house are pronounce to announce the book version of Pizza.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Isn’t the Hot Ones thing them pairing episodes of the original show with a game show version featuring regular people instead of celebs

Sounds bad!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Escobarbarian posted:

Isn’t the Hot Ones thing them pairing episodes of the original show with a game show version featuring regular people instead of celebs

Sounds bad!

quote:

“Each week, two teams compete in a battle of gastrointestinal fortitude through three rounds of trivia while chowing down on blazing hot wings slathered in sauces so fiery, contestants start to lose control of their senses,” according to the official description. “With EMTs standing by, reactions range from tears, sweat, vomit and, in one case, a panic attack, as their mouths melt from the intense heat of the sauce. After three rounds, the team with the most cash will enter the Ring of Fire, where they must work together to win the grand prize and the soothing milkshake antidote to their burning mouths.”

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

precision posted:

Remember when Coyne defended that terrible white chick that did the "Appropriate Culturation" poo poo wearing a Native head dress and then fired Kliph for daring to call her out on it. Yeeeeeeesh. Not a good look.

Him firing Kliph and replacing him with two lovely gimmicky twin drummers who always wear stupid green wigs is like the perfect encapsulation of the last ten years for the Lips. The last time I saw them live, those idiot drummers couldn’t even keep a loving beat and Steven had to constantly jump in and give them the rhythm. It was awful.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The Oscars are on TV and therefore the discussion of them should be in Couch Chat. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chat threads are off topic threads!!!