Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Alex Ross is good

e:

I mean uh.... comics are bad!!!!

my thread cred!!!

Quoting this so you can't erase history!! Alex Ross is good and everyone must know!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it looks like norman rockwell by way of otto dix

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

everyone alex ross draws is a stealth self-portrait

yes even his wonderwoman

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Another good comic to read (not an ongoing) that covers superheros is DC: The New Frontier, by the late Darwyn Cooke (wonderful Canadian artist). His drawing style is way different than Ross but just as interesting. The comic covers the same kind of deconstructing and reflecting on a whole era of a superhero comic history in a short series.

If you want to read the bare minimumn (aside from not reading any, also a great choice) of superhero comics (and you do), then Kingdom Come, DC New Frontier, and Watchmen will serve you well. Don't need to read any of the ongoings.

Darwyn Cooke also did the excellent Parker: The Hunter, which isn't about superheroes at all! It's about film noir and revenge and heists. It's great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

piratepilates posted:

Darwyn Cooke also did the excellent Parker: The Hunter, which isn't about superheroes at all! It's about film noir and revenge and heists. It's great.

Love this book. Have Vol1 beside me here, it's such a good one.I love any detective noir stuff. Ever read Brubaker's Criminal series? That was class.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Love this book. Have Vol1 beside me here, it's such a good one.I love any detective noir stuff. Ever read Brubaker's Criminal series? That was class.

Probably was meaning to, but I haven't read many comics in yeaaaars. Looks like a short run so I may just pick it up from the library and burn through it.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Darwyn Cooke's art was so pretty.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

piratepilates posted:

Probably was meaning to, but I haven't read many comics in yeaaaars. Looks like a short run so I may just pick it up from the library and burn through it.

Ah yeah like I probably read it about ten years ago at this stage. I'm sure it holds up. Always liked his writing, his Daredevil run is amazing.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
farts are still excellent and featured prominently in the best film of last year, the lighthouse

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

pangstrom posted:

going to assume that comic is about how even superman loses the support of the public when he starts rocking a pony tail

How does Superman get a haircut or clip his fingernails if bullets and swords and laser beams just bounce off of him, anyway?

And anybody who doesn't find farts funny is choosing to have less joy in their life while having the same amount of farts.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

XeeD posted:

How does Superman get a haircut or clip his fingernails if bullets and swords and laser beams just bounce off of him, anyway?

And anybody who doesn't find farts funny is choosing to have less joy in their life while having the same amount of farts.

He uses his lazer eyes reflected in a mirror. I'm actually pretty sure this is canon.

Edit: heat vision? Whatever it is

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

XeeD posted:

Look I'm just saying 99% of the time a movie drops a fart joke in it is "nonmedy" or whatever term Rich made up.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

piratepilates posted:

He uses his lazer eyes reflected in a mirror. I'm actually pretty sure this is canon.

Edit: heat vision? Whatever it is

How does Superman ejaculate safely?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

He doesn't, if he blew a load in Lois lane it's rip through her like a freight train.

I think this might have actually been in a What If? comic actually

Edit: here you go https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel,_Woman_of_Kleenex

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 15, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

hancockclip.gif

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

piratepilates posted:

He doesn't, if he blew a load in Lois lane it's rip through her like a freight train.

Dunno about what if, but that was definitely a Garth Ennis edgy plotline

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's no reason to think his dick would eject emissions at some kind of hyper velocity or that said emissions would be inherently ballistic

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

piratepilates posted:

Edit: here you go https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel,_Woman_of_Kleenex

you see superman busts on a very carefully placed mirror...

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
plus if he has LASER vision and FREEZE breath it stands to reason his load has some neat ancillary crime fighting ability

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Milo and POTUS posted:

Meanwhile the end of cats is jay

Confirmed?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

piratepilates posted:

Kingdom Come is a great comic book that deconstructs the superhero comic genre well. It still holds up and is just as relevant 24 years later.

Alex Ross also has that cool ultra realistic look. Also he used gouache, which is pretty cool!

Alex Ross style is fine the first time you see it, but once you've seen better comic art, it's garbage. It doesn't convey action, motion, or emotion well at all. Everyone looks so goddamn stiff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkDcrbLP2s
That's how he shaves

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i wonder what kind of trickshot he uses for butthair

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He doesn't. He has two pony tails

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
when butt hair gets long enough you can just pull it out with your fingers while posting on an internet forum

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I could swear there's a scene in a Kevin Smith movie where 2-3 characters talk about this for five minutes.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Castor Poe posted:

I could swear there's a scene in a Kevin Smith movie where 2-3 characters talk about this for five minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwUdp5-2D8

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm pretty sure they also discuss Superman's indestructible body fluids or something on at least one episode of Seinfeld.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Watched Dark Fart today, what a boring action movie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If Superman can open a door without destroying the doorknob, surely he can control his own knob well enough not to shoot someone with a cum bullet. How is this even a topic worth of discussion?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Ah yes, thank you.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I mean I'm pretty strong but that doesn't make my cum stronger than any other mans

Why would supermans cum shoot out at deadly velocities. Then wouldn't his farts and coughs level entire city blocks. What if when he runs he accidentally plants his foot too hard and explodes a street

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The first time Superman kissed, his super saliva disintegrated some poor girl's mouth.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Zzulu posted:

I mean I'm pretty strong but that doesn't make my cum stronger than any other mans

Why would supermans cum shoot out at deadly velocities. Then wouldn't his farts and coughs level entire city blocks. What if when he runs he accidentally plants his foot too hard and explodes a street

Because the muscles that project his cum are a billion times stronger than ours. Like when you pump a super soaker way more than you’re supposed to and gently caress some kid up with it

And yes Superman has to constantly be aware of how much strength he uses or else poo poo breaks or people die. He probably wouldn’t be in total control while jizzing, but farting would be far more manageable.

https://youtu.be/1zFsxSH8fUA

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 16, 2020

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Every time Superman blinks, it creates shockwaves that vaporizes people nearby him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hopefully S2 of The Boys gets more into superhuman vs normal human plays out. There were a few crazy bits (also in the comics which are even more hosed up)

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

I was expecting an edit where Superman unleashes a super fart. That was lame.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Red Sun Lamp mood-lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why would Superman have a penis he's not from Earth.