Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

An insane mind posted:

Clinton? I think so at least, his art is really bad.

That's what I assumed as well, but...Clinton wasn't president, and when the other three people are presidents...it...I mean, I know it's Rall, so pointing out 'your message is muddled' is kind of like spitting in the wind, but...

edit: ALSO, WHY IS IT CLINTON IN THE PANEL WHERE SOLEIMANI GETS KILLED

WHY

SHE LITERALLY HAS NO GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY OR CONNECTION TO THIS AND HASN'T FOR LITERAL YEARS

WH

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Aoi fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The cartoon is bad for acting like Trump is the kind of person with a shred of foresight.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

EimiYoshikawa posted:

edit: ALSO, WHY IS IT CLINTON IN THE PANEL WHERE SOLEIMANI GETS KILLED

WHY

SHE LITERALLY HAS NO GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY OR CONNECTION TO THIS AND HASN'T FOR LITERAL YEARS

WH

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Because Benghazi. I'm pretty sure Rall believes that Clinton is an evil puppet mistress somehow. Donald the Dove after all.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Possibly the dumbest cartoon to come out of the whole Sussex affair. I am in awe of just how muddled and incoherent it is.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Clever career move by Dick Jervis to pair himself with one of the only human beings consistently less funny than himself.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Megxit summit

Just let them leave, jeez, the royal family doesn't even do anything. They're powerless figureheads, basically just state sponsored people pets.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'm the roundel on the inside of the door.

Amoeba102 posted:

Can probably find Big Ben Bongs online somewhere, BoJo.

If not, America's got your back with the Hempire State Building:

"Iran people"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2020/01/14/australian-open-qualifying-player-collapses-court-bushfire-smoke/

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Leak, Son of Leak:

'It would be an issue': Malcolm Turnbull intervenes in UK's Huawei debate

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Just let them leave, jeez, the royal family doesn't even do anything. They're powerless figureheads, basically just state sponsored people pets.

I mean, you've answered yourself; people don't like letting their pets wander off.

Obligatory:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gaybies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Speaking of the Gaybies, a couple categories had ties, so we're doing a lightning-round runoff for the next two days. You can cast a lightning-round vote even if you've voted before, so get in there and make your choice!

(This one's much easier, I promise. Only three categories are up for voting and there are only a couple cartoons in each.)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Okay but trump is a war criminal, care to address that Branco

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And "Iran people".

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

"Hey America, Osama bin WHO??? Trump took out That Guy You Didn't Know Existed Until He Got Assassinated! Thank you President Trump!"

I'm guessing there's more times on the way of Trump remembering Obama was in the room for Bin Laden and yelling WHAT BROWN PERSON CAN I KILL RIGHT NOW

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's plan for a Big Ben Brexit bong – A campaign to ensure the chimes of Big Ben sound at the moment of Brexit on 31 January appears doomed after Commons authorities played down the idea, while a funding plan promised by Boris Johnson to pay for it turned out to not exist"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Flybe saved after ministers and investors seal rescue deal

Independent:

Times:

Keir Starmer sets out vision for Labour to win back power; After Disney.

Evening Standard:

James Bond: Billie Eilish to provide No Time to Die theme

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a right Royal crisis

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm honestly a little impressed at how badly big ben's gofundme is doing

https://www.gofundme.com/f/big-ben-bongs-for-brexit

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

That fuckin' Picasso nose, though. I'm aware he's got a crooked nose, it still looks weird in the caricature

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pope, don't besmirch wombats.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Help Im Alive posted:

That's just some grifter surely?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I know Payne is terrible but a pro-Biden cartoon is another level.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe it's a low bar to clear; but I think this is the first one of these to actually credit KC Green.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Maybe it's a low bar to clear; but I think this is the first one of these to actually credit KC Green.

I appreciate this one for actually putting in the effort to draw a new picture inspired by KC Green's, rather than just pretty much tracing his art and maybe drawing Some Guy's face instead of the dog's.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

nah

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah most of them do after people got poo poo for blatantly stealing it assuming hey it's from the internet it's actually fair game.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If a woman can't win, it's more about the inherent misogyny of the electorate than about their ability to lead and be president.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MrUnderbridge posted:

And "Iran people".

I guess Branco missed the tweet where Trump said he was with the Iran People.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Amoeba102 posted:

If a woman can't win, it's more about the inherent misogyny of the electorate than about their ability to lead and be president.
What gets me about the primaries is people need to ask themselves not "would I vote for a woman" but rather "would others vote for a woman" and that's where the really deep and insidious sexism comes out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Fun fact: Knowing that that's Question Hound makes you a huge nerd.
Question Hound also appeared in the very first comic.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Help Im Alive posted:

How does it cost half a million £ to ring a bell?
Does some private interest own the ringing rights and they're remainers?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

That is in fact not trenchant political commentary from noted shithead 2020 Scott Adams, it is in fact from slightly less-shithead 1992 Scott Adams. He later reprinted this strip with a note that said "this joke made sense in 1992." So let's jump back in time and learn from our history. Over the next several months, I'll be regularly posting political cartoons from the year 1992 and watch how that election unfolded. I don't have exact dates on these, so we'll have to guess a bit on when they occurred. I'm getting them all from this book, though I might try to look up some others if it seems relevant:

FLASHBACK TIME:
It's early 1992, and the Reagan Revolution has been going strong for over a decade. Deregulation of the economy and demagoguery on social issues has paid off for the Republican Party. The Democrats have maintained control over the House of Representatives, but only with the help of a solid block of conservative Southerners. After getting walloped in three successive presidential elections, the received wisdom of the party is that they need to step back from traditional Democratic constituencies like labor and run a more conservative candidate if they want to win. But with Bush holding sky-high approval ratings after his "splendid little war" in Iraq, he's viewed by many as unbeatable. Is there a Democrat who can take him on?

Starting off with Rob Rogers capturing the zetigeist.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jurgan posted:

Over the next several months, I'll be regularly posting political cartoons from the year 1992 and watch how that election unfolded. I don't have exact dates on these, so we'll have to guess a bit on when they occurred. I'm getting them all from this book, though I might try to look up some others if it seems relevant:

Cool. Thanks for doing this. I'm curious to see how the entire race played out from cartoonist perspective. It will also be fun/depressing seeing the thread regulars from about 30 years ago.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

War Wizard posted:

How does it cost half a million £ to ring a bell?
Does some private interest own the ringing rights and they're remainers?

So they're in the middle of renovations right now, and the bell doesn't even have a clapper at the moment. They would need to install a temporary, which in turn will currently require them to install a temporary floor. That portion is apparently 120k. But they also can't do any of their renovation work while they're doing that and every week they're not renovating wastes 100k.

So technically the 500k is under the assumption they'll lose about four weeks of work. They have a rough idea how long it would take because they do have three planned ringings per year apparently.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Feinne posted:

So they're in the middle of renovations right now, and the bell doesn't even have a clapper at the moment. They would need to install a temporary, which in turn will currently require them to install a temporary floor. That portion is apparently 120k. But they also can't do any of their renovation work while they're doing that and every week they're not renovating wastes 100k.

So technically the 500k is under the assumption they'll lose about four weeks of work. They have a rough idea how long it would take because they do have three planned ringings per year apparently.

Thank you. Seems like something BoJo should have known before opening his mouth.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

War Wizard posted:

Thank you. Seems like something BoJo should have known before opening his mouth.

BoJo is an idiot though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

War Wizard posted:

I'm going to assume he knew and didn't care. Brexit cannot fail it can only be failed.

It's all a remainer plot, see? :v:

When we crash out with no deal and half the country dies of preventable diseases and/or malnutrition, that'll all be blamed on "remainers" too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I had some friends say that the one silver lining of the election result was that now all the blame for brexit will fall squarely upon the Tories.

It doesn't really work like that sadly and it was obvious from the start they were going to shift blame on labour/remainders by saying they were sabotaging brexit and everything bad is obviously due to them not supporting brexit. It's the Dolchstoßlegende but for brexit.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discendo Vox posted:

Hello, av material!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

I had some friends say that the one silver lining of the election result was that now all the blame for brexit will fall squarely upon the Tories.

It doesn't really work like that sadly and it was obvious from the start they were going to shift blame on labour/remainders by saying they were sabotaging brexit and everything bad is obviously due to them not supporting brexit. It's the Dolchstoßlegende but for brexit.
Republicans control 2.5 out of 3 branches of government in the US and they still find a way to blame everything on Democrats.