Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Shut up Meg posted:

Where does Galaxy Quest fit in these lists?

Between 2000 and XP, because the computers on the Galaxy Quest ship use Microsoft Neptune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

Windows 2000 was an NT 4.0 kernel, which served as the basis for the kernel that's still used today.
Windows 95/98(SE)/ME were using the Chicago kernel which was a toy of a kernel, designed by the Redmond team themselves- ie. not useful for anything other than as a demonstration of what not to do (and host to one of only three 90s-era just-in-time virtual machines I know of, namely the Berkeley Packet Filter, VMwares ESX hypervisor, and BigBlt in Windows 95/98).

Any talks or whatever about the chicago kernel being bad? My interest is piqued.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

devmd01 posted:

No because our security team is loving worthless and it starts at the top. They finally hired someone that seems to know what they’re doing but the jury’s still out until I know what he can do.

We allegedly hired a couple of people who should know what they're doing, but they don't.

And they're also on holiday today.

Somehow this makes me the patching bitch. :shepicide:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

D. Ebdrup posted:

Windows 2000 was an NT 4.0 kernel, which served as the basis for the kernel that's still used today.
Windows 2000 is NT 5.0. XP was NT 5.1, Server 2003 and XP 64 were NT 5.2

Vista/2008 bumped the major version up to 6.0 and everything beyond that got a bit confusing because the name of the OS got ahead of the kernel version.
6.1 - Windows 7/Server 2008R2
6.2 - Windows 8/Server 2012
6.3 - Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2

Windows 10 is arguably NT 6.4 but the marketing team got ahold of the version string so it's officially NT 10.0.

quote:

Windows 95/98(SE)/ME were using the Chicago kernel which was a toy of a kernel, designed by the Redmond team themselves- ie. not useful for anything other than as a demonstration of what not to do (and host to one of only three 90s-era just-in-time virtual machines I know of, namely the Berkeley Packet Filter, VMwares ESX hypervisor, and BigBlt in Windows 95/98).
You have me curious but I'm having a hell of a time googling for BigBlt. Got any links where I could read about this?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Guy Axlerod posted:

Any talks or whatever about the chicago kernel being bad? My interest is piqued.

The Chicago/Win95 kernel while it wasn't good by modern standards also did exactly what it needed to: allow new applications to run in a reasonably "modern" environment (protected memory with a 32-bit "flat" address space with preemptive multitasking) while using as few resources as possible (so it could run on a 386 with 4 MB of RAM*) and retaining as much compatibility as possible with legacy DOS and Windows 3.1 software including hardware drivers. A consequence of this that Windows 95 necessarily had to be based on DOS because anything else would break compatibility. The Old New Thing blog has an excellent write-up on how Windows 95 would call between 32-bit and 16-bit mode if any 16-bit drivers were installed.

Also keep in mind that Windows 95 was conceived in a world of non-networked single-user computers but had the misfortune of being released at the exact moment the Internet went mainstream and everyone started networking their computers together, resulting in the golden age of security vulnerabilities (which didn't really abate until XP SP2).

* You ever wonder why Windows 95 didn't show seconds in the taskbar clock? (Well, other than it would be annoying.) The answer is that they were so starved for memory that not showing seconds potentially allowed them to page out the text rendering code which would otherwise be required to remain in memory if it was called once per second. The original plan for Windows 95 was to take the NT kernel (which needed an gluttonous 12 MB of RAM for NT 3.1) and strip it down sufficiently to fit a usable OS into 4 MB of memory, however that project proved futile and was quickly abandoned.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 15, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

The Stimpy project survived intact and became the Windows 95 user interface.

Well if that isn't perfect I dunno what is

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Someone who's been on PTO since last year came back and ... long story short, she had had "2019" in her password and expected the system to update it automatically to "2020".

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Guy Axlerod posted:

The bookmarks I had for it are linkrotted, and the web archive doesn't even have the talk names listed since they got errors at crawl time. :(

wolrah posted:

Windows 2000 is NT 5.0. XP was NT 5.1, Server 2003 and XP 64 were NT 5.2

Vista/2008 bumped the major version up to 6.0 and everything beyond that got a bit confusing because the name of the OS got ahead of the kernel version.
6.1 - Windows 7/Server 2008R2
6.2 - Windows 8/Server 2012
6.3 - Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2

Windows 10 is arguably NT 6.4 but the marketing team got ahold of the version string so it's officially NT 10.0.
The trick I used to use for telling the NT version was to look at the versioning for the NT loader, which for XP (at launch, at least?) was NTLDR50. It's been stuck at NDLDR6.1 for a long time though, so it's probably not reliable anymore.

wolrah posted:

You have me curious but I'm having a hell of a time googling for BitBlt. Got any links where I could read about this?
Raymond Chen, a long-time employee at Microsoft, does "The New Old Thing" blog where he covers all manner of weird implementation details of Windows including stuff about codenames as well as the BitBlt implementation, and even why Pinball was removed. There's lots of good stuff.

EDIT:

Mr.Radar posted:

:words: about The New Old Thing
:hfive: buddy!

Raymond even has an article covering stuff about Windows 1.0, which did some impressive stuff!

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 15, 2020

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

D. Ebdrup posted:

Raymond Chen, a long-time employee at Microsoft, does "The New Old Thing" blog where he covers all manner of weird implementation details of Windows including stuff about codenames as well as the BitBlt implementation, and even why Pinball was removed. There's lots of good stuff.
Aha, you had typoed it to BigBlt in the post i was quoting so I assumed it was something else. Definitely a fan of Old New Thing, I've owned the book since it came out and the blog was the main reason I got in to Google Reader and RSS back in the day.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

* You ever wonder why Windows 95 didn't show seconds in the taskbar clock? (Well, other than it would be annoying.) The answer is that they were so starved for memory that not showing seconds potentially allowed them to page out the text rendering code which would otherwise be required to remain in memory if it was called once per second. The original plan for Windows 95 was to take the NT kernel (which needed an gluttonous 12 MB of RAM for NT 3.1) and strip it down sufficiently to fit a usable OS into 4 MB of memory, however that project proved futile and was quickly abandoned.

That probably explains why Win9x had such severe limits on GUI elements being "alive" as it where. Every GUI element, such as a window, button, text label, etc.. took up a bit of "GDI/resource" memory. There was a small pool of this, and once exhausted you would get weird things like parts of applications not rendering correctly; application windows with missing elements, and eventually a complete system crash. Sometimes applications did not release their allocated resources once closed, making things worse. Towards the end of the 9x era it was easy to run into this if you had a lot of apps open. Apps used resources even if they where minimized. This page explains it in detail: http://www.apptools.com/rants/resources.php

I was a heavily multi-tasker already in those days, so I ran into a LOT. Multiple daily reboots where a common occurrence for me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Arquinsiel posted:

So if you don't login does it ever patch? Because... uh... I have concerns. Pain in the hole for random home users who turn on their Win10 laptop once every six months to check into a flight 10 minutes before the window closes only to see it updating (me) but in professional environments this shouldn't be a thing.
There's several reasons you don't want hardware running Windows Server to be installing patches without direct admin involvement.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

There's several reasons
But very few good ones.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

nexxai posted:

But very few good ones.

I started several elaborate posts about this but :effort: but yeah I coulda just said this.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I just pushed a patch that will reboot everyone's computer within an hour and thirty minutes of it being received.

No choices. :getin:

Tomorrow, I have a meeting to find out if I actually DO have authority to rip off any vulnerable software that hasn't been patched by now. From every Windows client machine. No choices.

I'm feeling a bit megalomaniacal, in that BOfH kind of way. I'm trying to get the internal bitch-board to load to see how many people are angry at me...

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
^^^^
We need something like :woz: but with the El Reg vulture crying over a bandaid or something for when we get to go hog wild on an estate.

Agrikk posted:

I started several elaborate posts about this but :effort: but yeah I coulda just said this.
I'd condense it to "SCCM exists".

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Sickening posted:

I just had an orientation today where it was clearly explained that
Modern mri machines are always on these days and to stay the gently caress away. They literally don’t turn them off due to liquid helium. Signs everywhere that say “the magnet is always on and it’s never wrong”

Get close to them with metal and you will probably die. The layout of modern hospitals have sections of escalating danger like it’s a nuclear reactor.

The magnet will always win, except when it wins so hard it ruptures the cryostat, wherein it becomes a big gassy boi and stops being a magnet again.

I forget where I saw the math done, but a 16 oz framing hammer being accelerated against a 2T magnetic field (mid-range semi-modern MRI) ends up with a completely loving bonkers amount of energy by the time it's near the center of the field. Like 5000+ joules.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I just pushed a patch that will reboot everyone's computer within an hour and thirty minutes of it being received.

No choices. :getin:

Tomorrow, I have a meeting to find out if I actually DO have authority to rip off any vulnerable software that hasn't been patched by now. From every Windows client machine. No choices.

I'm feeling a bit megalomaniacal, in that BOfH kind of way. I'm trying to get the internal bitch-board to load to see how many people are angry at me...

You are the wind beneath my wings

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Sickening posted:

I just had an orientation today where it was clearly explained that
Modern mri machines are always on these days and to stay the gently caress away. They literally don’t turn them off due to liquid helium. Signs everywhere that say “the magnet is always on and it’s never wrong”

Get close to them with metal and you will probably die. The layout of modern hospitals have sections of escalating danger like it’s a nuclear reactor.

The hospital that maintains my internal hardware systems has a special, extremely-low-flux MRI just for people like me with huge amounts of metal buried inside us.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
End user: "My mouse and keyboard don't work"

End user dock:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

wolrah posted:

Related to this, I remember that when Windows 10 (and server 2016) came out, it broke some WMI filters, because of it's major version number. Apparently, if you have a query like Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Version >= '6', it ignores Windows 10 / Server 2016, because apparently 10 < 6*.

Major version being 10 also broke nexxai's CryptoBlocker script, but due to a different reason :v:

*Yes, I know the version value is a string and therefore 1 < 6.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Attestant posted:

End user: "My mouse and keyboard don't work"

End user dock:

Wait, I thought you were supposed to break off the 'security tabs'

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I forget where I saw the math done, but a 16 oz framing hammer being accelerated against a 2T magnetic field (mid-range semi-modern MRI) ends up with a completely loving bonkers amount of energy by the time it's near the center of the field. Like 5000+ joules.
To put it in perspective, the bullet from a 30-06 rifle fired at point blank range delivers about 4000 joules of impact energy.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

The Claptain posted:

Major version being 10 also broke nexxai's CryptoBlocker script, but due to a different reason :v:

*Yes, I know the version value is a string and therefore 1 < 6.
I know technically, it's in my repo, but I've been trying to get the company that bought my company (and with that, the script) to take ownership of the repo, but they have been.... less than assertive about the process.

They manage the list of extensions, but I don't work there nor do I even have a technical job anymore, so it's not like I can spend oodles of time maintaining the script. :( I don't want to straight up delete the repo since people still download it, but it's definitely getting a bit long in the tooth and it seems like better options have sprung up since.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
A ticket comes in that must be resolved by making 70+ independent changes.

I respond saying it's going to take us a little bit, we're short staffed and have a ton of backlog for January already.

2 weeks go by.

A manager asks for a status on the roll out because they need it to finish a project (and didn't tell us about this while they planned the project, but instead dropped it in our queue in the final hour).

My boss, who refuses to look at the queue because the chore work is beneath him, loses his poo poo asking why we didn't get it done already, it's so easy, just do it. I ask what work we should have sacrificed these last two weeks for this last minute request. He says we can't sacrifice the other work but this one should still have been completed.

The whole team, minus him, is already pushing 50+ hours a week and this loving bozo tells me to do more work.

Imma quit out of spite, just so he has to do his job (which I'm doing for him) and my job.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Judge Schnoopy posted:

A ticket comes in that must be resolved by making 70+ independent changes.

I respond saying it's going to take us a little bit, we're short staffed and have a ton of backlog for January already.

2 weeks go by.

A manager asks for a status on the roll out because they need it to finish a project (and didn't tell us about this while they planned the project, but instead dropped it in our queue in the final hour).

My boss, who refuses to look at the queue because the chore work is beneath him, loses his poo poo asking why we didn't get it done already, it's so easy, just do it. I ask what work we should have sacrificed these last two weeks for this last minute request. He says we can't sacrifice the other work but this one should still have been completed.

The whole team, minus him, is already pushing 50+ hours a week and this loving bozo tells me to do more work.

Imma quit out of spite, just so he has to do his job (which I'm doing for him) and my job.

Gosh, that sounds familiar.

"Drop everything and do patching!"
"What about the broken deployment server for the M&A we're onboarding in a week?"
"Do that too!"
"I can't...literally, I can't do both."
"We need both done."
"So you want me on a call at 2am to babysit a bunch of chucklefucks who argue with everything I say because it's apparently beneath them to listen to a woman, then show up at 8am and write code til 5pm?"
"Well...no, that sounds unreasonable."
"YES. I KNOW."

We're stocking our kanban backlog with every task we've had to drop to patchpatchpatch so someone on the board has a maximum strength IT boner chart to show off at fiscal year end. It's pretty brutal looking. Boss is going to rename it, "THE GROUND," as in, "you told us to drop everything, so there it is, on the ground."

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah we always have a few projects going, they're completely siloed and think they can each command 100% of resources.

They all insist they're top priority and never give any reasonable lead times on things they need done. (They know they needed it and sit on it until springing it last minute on IT.)

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

nexxai posted:

I know technically, it's in my repo, but I've been trying to get the company that bought my company (and with that, the script) to take ownership of the repo, but they have been.... less than assertive about the process.

They manage the list of extensions, but I don't work there nor do I even have a technical job anymore, so it's not like I can spend oodles of time maintaining the script. :( I don't want to straight up delete the repo since people still download it, but it's definitely getting a bit long in the tooth and it seems like better options have sprung up since.

It still works perfectly, and has saved a bunch of asses numerous times. While the fix I proposed to you is quick and dirty, it should keep it running for the foreseeable future, unless Microsoft changes version number to something stupid or reworks the FSRM.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I haven't been able to contribute to this thread in a long while. This still isn't IT related, but it is manager related.

So, background. My department is responsible for finishing up the various products we make in prep for them to be inspected and shipped out. Our job is very reactive, mostly based on what parts come down from the other departments and also based on what the planners, which work with out clients, determine we need. Up till this month, our normal process has been something like the following: start day; receive lists of what we're getting from each department; work on items as they come down, per priorities set by planners; shift focuses and change gears every hour to hour and a half as my boss' boss come over and micromanages everything we put out; end day.

Just after the new year, boss' boss had a stroke.

This whole month so far, the process has changed to the following: start day; receive lists of what we're getting from each department; work on items as they come down, per priorities set by planners; boss' boss' bosses come down and ask us if we can get X, Y, and Z done by the end of the day; we tell them something like "We finished X already, are halfway through Y now, but Z isn't here and thus won't be going today. You could have 1 though, if you like. Or maybe half of 2."; they say "Oh. Nah, that's fine, keep doing what you're doing." and leave; end day.

So, we came to the revelation today that, all things considered, what must've been going on is Boss' boss would meet with his bosses, who would ask him if we can get X, Y, and Z done today. He'd tell them "Sure, no problem! They're probably already done.", and then he'd come down to scream at all of us to drop what we're doing and get that poo poo done.

Dude's gotta be somewhere in his 70s, and I hope I leave before he comes back. It's honestly been far less stressful since he hasn't been here.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Look on the bright side: the stroke might force him to retire. Or maybe it'll just kill him.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

neogeo0823 posted:

So, we came to the revelation today that, all things considered, what must've been going on is Boss' boss would meet with his bosses, who would ask him if we can get X, Y, and Z done today. He'd tell them "Sure, no problem! They're probably already done.", and then he'd come down to scream at all of us to drop what we're doing and get that poo poo done.

Ah, the good old Management By Perkele, as they call it here. No skills needed, just shout at people to make things happen.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I haven't been able to contribute to this thread in a long while. This still isn't IT related, but it is manager related.

So, background. My department is responsible for finishing up the various products we make in prep for them to be inspected and shipped out. Our job is very reactive, mostly based on what parts come down from the other departments and also based on what the planners, which work with out clients, determine we need. Up till this month, our normal process has been something like the following: start day; receive lists of what we're getting from each department; work on items as they come down, per priorities set by planners; shift focuses and change gears every hour to hour and a half as my boss' boss come over and micromanages everything we put out; end day.

Just after the new year, boss' boss had a stroke.

This whole month so far, the process has changed to the following: start day; receive lists of what we're getting from each department; work on items as they come down, per priorities set by planners; boss' boss' bosses come down and ask us if we can get X, Y, and Z done by the end of the day; we tell them something like "We finished X already, are halfway through Y now, but Z isn't here and thus won't be going today. You could have 1 though, if you like. Or maybe half of 2."; they say "Oh. Nah, that's fine, keep doing what you're doing." and leave; end day.

Dude's gotta be somewhere in his 70s, and I hope I leave before he comes back. It's honestly been far less stressful since he hasn't been here.

I had a very similar experience with an old boss. He took some extended leave before resigning and the change in the team over that month was incredible. We were managed by boss's boss and he very much just said "you're great at what you do, so keep doing that". He'd come ask general questions about issues or topics, but other than that just let us run the team among ourselves.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It really feels sometimes like the process of having a problem -> reproducing the issue -> reading log files/getting packet captures/whatever -> addressing anything flagged in previous step -> check for existence of problem is a secret set of learnings made accessible only to a select few. Why are you wildly rebooting things without any indication that it's going to help with your problem? Why are you just slamming software updates on before you've checked the release notes to see if it comes close to addressing your problem? Why are you changing multiple things at once? Why have you not kept track of all the changes you've been making before taking the problem to someone else to assist you?

I guess it's reassuring that the amount of competition in this field of work isn't too high, but god drat is it frustrating to hear updates from teams that they are still working on something and you glance over the ticket and there's no sign of any sort of measured approach having been taken.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Proper troubleshooting methodology isn't really taught I guess? Also most issues you're likely to have at home are fixed by rebooting or updating your graphics card driver so that's as far as you get solo.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Arquinsiel posted:

Proper troubleshooting methodology isn't really taught I guess? Also most issues you're likely to have at home are fixed by rebooting or updating your graphics card driver so that's as far as you get solo.

I've never found a problem I couldn't fix by turning the computer off and walking away.

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

Thanks Ants posted:

It really feels sometimes like the process of having a problem -> reproducing the issue -> reading log files/getting packet captures/whatever -> addressing anything flagged in previous step -> check for existence of problem is a secret set of learnings made accessible only to a select few. Why are you wildly rebooting things without any indication that it's going to help with your problem? Why are you just slamming software updates on before you've checked the release notes to see if it comes close to addressing your problem? Why are you changing multiple things at once? Why have you not kept track of all the changes you've been making before taking the problem to someone else to assist you?

Because a few of us find that kind of problem solving at least rewarding, if not fun. We are seen as tech gods because we divine the mystical ways of the computer.*

Most of the population looks at that methodology and just sees a lot of work. For many issues rebooting functions like a quick fix magic button that solves all the problems, even if it's just masking the root cause and kicking the can down the road for a few more days. Updates are another magic button. Because an update once fixed an issue for a friend of your sister's former roommate, that is the answer to all problems that rebooting doesn't solve. As for the changing multiple things at once, that's just human nature when under stress: try everything you can think of all at once and hope something works. See also: throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping something sticks.

*Seriously though, my co-workers keep threatening to get me a wizard hat...

PremiumSupport fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 22, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PremiumSupport posted:

Because a few of us find that kind of problem solving at least rewarding, if not fun. We are seen as tech gods because we divine the mystical ways of the computer.*

Most of the population looks at that methodology and just sees a lot of work. For many issues rebooting functions like a quick fix magic button that solves all the problems, even if it's just masking the root cause and kicking the can down the road for a few more days. Updates are another magic button. Because an update once fixed an issue for a friend of your sister's former roommate, that is the answer to all problems that rebooting doesn't solve. As for the changing multiple things at once, that's just human nature when under stress: try everything you can think of all at once and hope something works. See also: throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping something sticks.

*Seriously though, my co-workers keep threatening to get me a wizard hat...

A mechanic friend of mine swears by the "shotgun approach" because once you've torn all the guts out of an engine, you'd better fix everything you can all at once regardless of how tangential to the actual problem it seems to be because the tearing the guts out is the most expensive part of the whole process.

Which makes sense, but he's a computer guy too and applies the same approach to his platform engineering solutions uugghh

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
Just FYI - Office 365 ProPlus will be installing a Chrome extension which will automatically change the user's default search engine to Bing

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/microsoft-search-bing

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

nexxai posted:

Just FYI - Office 365 ProPlus will be installing a Chrome extension which will automatically change the user's default search engine to Bing

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/microsoft-search-bing

lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Good to see that there's still some of the old Microsoft about them.