Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1217811235611336712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

ready to look like a sucker again but i think there's another fighter announced at the end

:pray:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So they considered BOTW Zelda but said Nah?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't mind, but ahahahahaha, they were planning to end this on yet another FE character before the extra DLC.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the music is good at least

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp "as part of challenger pack 5" lol nevermind gently caress me

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"as part of challenger pack 5"? i guess the stage and music is the rest of the pack?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh no they're belmonts

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

marth and marth 6

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I haven’t even played Smash in a bit and I’m as salty as salty can be

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good trailer. But to lead off with “This is the most secret character EVER!!!!” and deliver BYLETH? Boo, man. Boo.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Andrew_1985 posted:

What a wet fart of a reveal. They acknowledged they have too many swordsmen but they went ‘fine, we’ll put different weapons as specials.’

Was kind of hoping we’d get Lara Croft tbh

The chances for that seem to have gone out the window with her transition from a pulpy comic action hero to a gritty cinematic action hero

This was a pretty unremarkable reveal but on the plus side now I can buy Terry by himself now that I've confirmed the rest of the fighter pass to be duds for me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Captain Invictus posted:

Welp "as part of challenger pack 5" lol nevermind gently caress me

It comes out in january 28, did you think they would sandwich another character in that time frame lol

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope I never hear people claim Fire Emblem doesn't get special treatment again, and I'm playing Three Houses right now.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Weapon switching for special moves is pretty cool, at least.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gatekeeper is there

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Justin_Brett posted:

I hope I never hear people claim Fire Emblem doesn't get special treatment again, and I'm playing Three Houses right now.

it's a major release on their newest console tho

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
That up-special seems like the ultimate dick move, my god

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad we finally have BUDK representation in smash bros via the GAMER'S CHOICE sword whip, IMO.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Would have been a lot funnier if Sothis pushed Byleth aside and was the playable instead.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rather Watch Them posted:

Weapon switching for special moves is pretty cool, at least.

It's something they should have done four reps ago.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Wendell posted:

Good trailer. But to lead off with “This is the most secret character EVER!!!!” and deliver BYLETH? Boo, man. Boo.

Nobody in Nintendo expected this character because they all expected a character people actually wanted.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The amount of salt this is causing is actually kinda amazing

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Byleth's down B better be turning into Edelgard.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
At last, I can fight a character with disjoints, really fast aerials, and a counter that people will spam

Thank god, I've been waiting so long

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kurtofan posted:

It comes out in january 28, did you think they would sandwich another character in that time frame lol

The byleth defender has logged on

And I said before that he didn't say it was the fifth dlc character, but then he did just then

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Byleth actually seems wildly overpowered

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's called having hope for a better world. People just want to think something cool will happen instead of a 10th FE character being added.

Which, they're fools to believe it. Byleth is getting added as a Robin Clone but the sword is replaced with the Ivy Blade Whip she gets in game.

I hate being right

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

They put the newest protagonist of the latest game into Smash and people demand they keep coming back so you end up with a large group of them. It's not 'special treatment' it's just that Fire Emblem rarely has the same protagonist twice.

Like loving hell people never shut up about Roy not being back until they brought him back

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

boredsatellite posted:

The amount of salt this is causing is actually kinda amazing

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Byleth actually seems wildly overpowered

nice

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Would have been a lot funnier if Sothis pushed Byleth aside and was the playable instead.

should have been Rebellion, Ebony & Ivory, and Nevan dropping in from the sky

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
They could have even done the weapon switching thing with a Monster Hunter character

But no

Another anime swords man

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

And I said before that he didn't say it was the fifth dlc character, but then he did just then

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1217802011887849473

no warning that this would be the next dlc fighter at all

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Would have been cooler if they did a Pokemon Trainer style thing with the weapons, but I guess this'll do. It's me, the one person who prefers this over Dante.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if they had something else planned but it fell through.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Sakurai needs a vacation. He can add in whoever he wants

People are acting like spoiled children over this. Especially when he added Banjo loving Kazooie

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They could have even done the weapon switching thing with a Monster Hunter character

But no

Another anime swords man

... Monster Hunter isn't anime swords?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

we live in the worst loving timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1217810314495963136