Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sweevo posted:

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/cd/89/00077570.0001.png[/timg]

:yosnice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sweevo posted:

code:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

haunted bong posted:

in france they're called a royale with seize

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
saw a bunch more gray hairs in the mirror just now. i think its broken or something.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I didn’t work out for a few days and all of the collective DOMS has caught up with me and life is hell

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

haunted bong posted:

in france they're called a royale with seize

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

born on a buy you posted:

I didn’t work out for a few days and all of the collective DOMS has caught up with me and life is hell

The collective... Indian pencil brand???

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
delayed onset muscle soreness.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

saw a bunch more gray hairs in the mirror just now. i think its broken or something.

did i mention my few spare middle brow hairs are turning white? i felt both old and relieved that it makes avoiding an implied unibrow easier. i learned it took my grandpa until his 60s before they stopped growing there

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

The better version of this is when you get out of shape enough that the slightest bit of workout gives you a 24-hour exercised-induced headache

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

The better version of this is when you get out of shape enough that the slightest bit of workout gives you a 24-hour exercised-induced headache

I'm on day 3 of recovery from kneeling in an awkward position for a few minutes to fix something the other day.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

that’s just called a doctor

some ppl shorten it ya

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sweevo posted:

code:

swank

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this morning i got up and my hip hurt really bad. that's it. went to bed fine, woke up, and my hip hurt. now i'm limping around like an old pug

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

this morning i got up and my hip hurt really bad. that's it. went to bed fine, woke up, and my hip hurt. now i'm limping around like an old pug

owned

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

delayed onset muscle soreness.

that just means you arent working out that muscle group enough

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

just picked up some Arcoxia at the apothecary and looking at the receipt went "huh, 6,39€ isn't bad" but then I noticed I haven't even hit the deductible yet (as it starts out at 50€ every new year and i've only bought like 20€ worth of medicine). i wonder how much it would've been with the benefit

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that just means you arent working out that muscle group enough
The main way to get DOMS is to not workout for a while and then start again.

However, you can still get soreness even if you're a gym rat when you train in particular ways (which aren't necessarily bad ways).

Slow eccentric movements (the backwards recovery part) in particular are both:
- a good way to ensure good form and build muscle
- occasionally get sore the next day even though you thought you grew out of that

At least, that's what I think I've learned from attempts at internet research

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK so possibly I don't even have gout but jointfuckedupitis instead lol but also gently caress. Waiting for a Röntgen pic.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ShadowHawk posted:

The main way to get DOMS is to not workout for a while and then start again.

However, you can still get soreness even if you're a gym rat when you train in particular ways (which aren't necessarily bad ways).

Slow eccentric movements (the backwards recovery part) in particular are both:
- a good way to ensure good form and build muscle
- occasionally get sore the next day even though you thought you grew out of that

At least, that's what I think I've learned from attempts at internet research

hrm, i just know when i was hitting the gym hard for a few years i never got DOMS, but i could get certain muscle groups extremely exhausted. if you are doing a complete program you should pretty much eliminate DOMS, and if you find you get it, it means that you were missing something. big compound lifts should take care of almost all of that.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When I used to regularly do barbell squats
and deadlifts, I got DOMS after roughly every second session

Every body is different it’s difficult to draw rules like DOMS = not ideal form

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
welp, pretty sure I’m passing a kidney stone. had one five years ago, and same symptoms just popped up. yay!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

wuhan novel coronavirus is gonna decimate this thread lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

welp, pretty sure I’m passing a kidney stone. had one five years ago, and same symptoms just popped up. yay!
kidn-dolences

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mercifully over (for now). intense pain for a few hours but then relief. really hoping the little fucker is down in my bladder now. with the last one the show was pretty much over by that point.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bladders is socks with rocks inside.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

listen to kenny logins, folks: be sure to drink plenty of water, but not too much.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It is amusing to me that the best prescription for a mild kidney stone is a sixer of light beer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. i assume for the diuretic effect? makes sense.

a beer buzz could help with the discomfort too, i suppose.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

lol. i assume for the diuretic effect? makes sense.

yep it's pretty much that combo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

listen to kenny logins, folks: be sure to drink plenty of water, but not too much.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep posted:

:nms:got you, you little son of a bitch!!!:nms:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

poo poo’s real itt now.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh thats a beefy one, mine were way smaller (might have been fragmented but we)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

wuhan novel coronavirus is gonna decimate this thread lol

yep i crave death

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/01/24/colorado-hospitals-coronavirus-outbreak-china/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

speaking of kenny log(g)ins, rewatching archer, and i remain 100% positive this is a dr. strange joke

side note: i hate all marvel movies, because now it's impossible to search for comic-book images :doom:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

log(g)ins
namaste woodhouse

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

So why only prescribe a six-pack then??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my dad was shot twice in the leg in vietnam and he said that passing a kidney stone was way worse