Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/australia-fire-relief

25$ nets you a bunch of games including Hollow Knight!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Brigador Killers is a 2020 game iirc. Also all the Yakuza remasters and Y7.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Terminally Bored posted:

Brigador Killers is a 2020 game iirc. Also all the Yakuza remasters and Y7.

Brigador Killers is going to own so goddamn hard.

And they had better put the remasters and Y7 on PC, trying to go back to playing games on my PS4 with a slowass HDD is excruciating.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thus I acquire my 953rd copy of Machinarium.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did you already play it on PS4? It was a goddamn blast, I really enjoyed it. Shooting bits off of robots was so satisfying. It was like Monster Hunter but fun.

No, I only own a PC (:smug:) but while the robomonsters looked cool, something about the rest of the world and its aesthetic seemed overly "artificial" to me. Plus I I remember reading that the the open world is a mechanically bog-standard, Ubisoft-affair.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

hell I'll give it a shot

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've heard some really good things about it and if the port is any good, I think I'm going to try it .

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mordja posted:

No, I only own a PC (:smug:) but while the robomonsters looked cool, something about the rest of the world and its aesthetic seemed overly "artificial" to me. Plus I I remember reading that the the open world is a mechanically bog-standard, Ubisoft-affair.

All accurate. I found it to be an aggressively middling open-world game with some marginally interesting combat.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Horizon has a surprisingly good setting/story too. John Gonzalez is the narrative director, and he was the lead writer on New Vegas.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

BexGu posted:

Just in time for the 3000 series RTX cards to come out over the summer.

Cyberpunk's delay absolutely has the smell of wanting to be THE must-have launch title for new consoles and the 2. gen RTX cards, as opposed to some 10 month old game that's already on 50% sale when the time comes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Terminally Bored posted:

Brigador Killers is a 2020 game iirc.
Is it? I know it says 2020 on Steam, but I haven't heard much from that game in a while, and the dev posts on these forums.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Nullset posted:

So is Doom Eternal the only big Spring release that hasn't been delayed at this point?

Resident Evil 3 remake was just announced last month and so far it's still coming out April 3rd.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Horizon has a surprisingly good setting/story too. John Gonzalez is the narrative director, and he was the lead writer on New Vegas.

There’s a set of collectible items in the world that have some additional flavor text in the menu on top of the narration when you find them in the world and it’s just straight up depressing in a really well done way. The backstory was fantastic.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

queeb posted:

delayed until my birthday :3:

Mine too!

And John Ritters. RIP Ritter.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Anyone who buys this: don't skip Mr. Shifty. It's looks pretty generic but is really solid.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How is Forager?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/751780/Forager

It's on sale right now, just got a big sounding update, and it looks like something my kids would really like. Anyone have it and smaller kids (5-8) and can speak to how approachable/easy to control it is?

Also, I'm totally in to try out Horizon eventually. Felt a little FOMO with that game, for sure.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Terminally Bored posted:

Sony's after that steam money

Assassin's Creed: Robot Dinosaurs edition

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

odiv posted:

It's on sale right now, just got a big sounding update, and it looks like something my kids would really like. Anyone have it and smaller kids (5-8) and can speak to how approachable/easy to control it is?

Also, I'm totally in to try out Horizon eventually. Felt a little FOMO with that game, for sure.
I don't have any children, but Forager is a very simple and approachable that I think no child over six would have serious problems with.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Cool thanks. In the live chat on the steam page a dev said their 7yo nephew helped him playtest.

If nothing else they can grow into it. Seems like exactly their wheelhouse either way.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mordja posted:

It absolutely is but the combat's at least trying to pull off some interesting stuff and redeemed it for me. I liked feeling like I actually needed to take advantage of laying traps and applying status effects and stuff on hard mode. I think it's a good buy at the $20 it's been on PS4 for a while , but I have no idea how they'll price it on steam

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

goferchan posted:

It absolutely is but the combat's at least trying to pull off some interesting stuff and redeemed it for me. I liked feeling like I actually needed to take advantage of laying traps and applying status effects and stuff on hard mode. I think it's a good buy at the $20 it's been on PS4 for a while , but I have no idea how they'll price it on steam
I dunno if they fixed it, but in the GB video I saw around release it looked like you could just sit in a bush the whole game, lure a robit closer and get an instakill stealth attack.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mordja posted:

I dunno if they fixed it, but in the GB video I saw around release it looked like you could just sit in a bush the whole game, lure a robit closer and get an instakill stealth attack.

I think that only works on really basic fodder guys but I definitely didn't push the game's systems or anything like that, just played the way that made it fun for me

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mordja posted:

If you do get a stealth attack, it's basically just a move with increased damage, not a "thing dies now" button. It'll one-shot the Watcher guys and with some upgrades, maybe the grazers, but anything that's got any kind of combat ability will still be ticking.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I tried to get into it a couple times and honestly just didn't much care for it. I liked the setting and story stuff, I just feel like it would have benefited from being a tightly crafted 20 hour narrative focused game rather than an Ubisoft mapfest.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

You shouldn't rely on Giant Bomb for videos that actually engage with a game's mechanics.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kibayasu posted:

You shouldn't rely on Giant Bomb for videos that actually engage with a game's mechanics.

Quick reminder that Jeff Gerstmann played Outer Wilds for hours and didn't realize you could translate the text on walls.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Don't get me wrong, Gerstmann absolutely embraces "degenerate" gameplay at the price of his own enjoyment, but it was something that put me off the game. That and, of course, the fact that I never would have expected it to come to PC.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mordja posted:

You can only do that to very basic robots that you can one shot with a well aimed bow anyway.

edit: My favourite thing about the game is the way when you first face a new big robot (like a Thunderjaw or something) it'll be a difficult encounter where you're desperately trying to tear chunks off and get damage in but once you learn them you're able to develop a reliable strategy that allows you to deal with them quickly and without danger. I had strategies developed for Thunderjaws and Stormbirds that allowed me to execute them with ease.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 16, 2020

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I really should try to get back to HZD... And about a hundred other games too.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Now do Bloodborne.
You can play both of those games on your PC right now via PlayStation Now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Look Sir Droids posted:

lol of course.

Did Witcher 3 get delayed or should I be DX: Mankind Divided worried?

Witcher 3 was delayed at least twice, for pretty substantial time-frames too. So yeah don't worry, CDPR has pretty great quality control and are comfortable delaying game to make sure it's finished. Hell even W3 you could kinda tell the last 1/5th of the game they're like "ok we gotta get this thing out finally let's wrap up what we've got" and it's still well-done.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Gobbeldygook posted:

But I want to just get Bloodborne and not rely on a service.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

StrixNebulosa posted:

And Frog Detective!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

PantsBandit posted:

Quick reminder that Jeff Gerstmann played Outer Wilds for hours and didn't realize you could translate the text on walls.

This makes me feel so loving anxious

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gonna buy HZD, gently caress yeah. :toot:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gobbeldygook posted:

with input lag

and no dlc

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Gobbeldygook posted:

I would never wish PSNow Bloodborne on anyone. It’s a decent introduction/demo but it has too much input lag to play seriously. Just buy a used ps4 for $80 instead - it’s worth it.

Also, no Old Hunters...

Stickman fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 16, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I tried Bloodborne on the free trial for PS Now and it was definitely awful. The input lag was terrible from clicking around the menu but I never even got to play the game because PS Now only supports Playstation controllers from what I can tell which I do not have.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I tried Bloodborne on the free trial for PS Now and it was definitely awful. The input lag was terrible from clicking around the menu but I never even got to play the game because PS Now only supports Playstation controllers from what I can tell which I do not have.

PSNow is fine on a PS4 with the games you can download, but their attempt at streaming is why everyone pretty much (rightly) figured that google Stadia would be a disaster. poo poo just does not work for single player games that were designed with local input in mind. There's lag correction on shooters and it's gotten really good, but it doesn't work with single player games that have zero lag correction at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Look Sir Droids posted:

Now do Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is such a technical nightmare on PS4 I fear what a PC port would be like. Probably worse than the original DS1 port.