Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
speaking of elphelt look who I play this weekend at TNS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

itd be nice if we knew who you are they were

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Let the intro roll. Birthday train grand finals.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

itd be nice if we knew who you are they were

Hotashi is the Elphelt legend, so I'm assuming Franco.

Good luck, don't get perfected.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Somehow assumed people know me as franco here too. But yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gl franco

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I remember you, francostein

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who could forget legendary GBS mod francostein

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thank you.
I'm gonna study the matchup so I don't get perfected.

Also there's going to be a beyblade tournament that you all should watch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Jam will probably be in with a pretty drastic visual overhaul if I had to guess

Does she still wear different undies every day?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thank you.

seeing the pool posts and researching your first opponent is one of the most fun parts of tournaments

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

seeing the pool posts and researching your first opponent is one of the most fun parts of tournaments

I love it. The more hosed up thing is that a friend of mine seeded the brackets and I think he did this to me so I can get more practice against better players. I'm not that good but I'm open for an rear end-whooping every now and then to learn what to do.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love it. The more hosed up thing is that a friend of mine seeded the brackets and I think he did this to me so I can get more practice against better players. I'm not that good but I'm open for an rear end-whooping every now and then to learn what to do.

tournament rear end whoopings are probably one of the best ways to become a better player

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tournament rear end whoopings are probably one of the best ways to become a better player

Going to locals makes a huge difference and it's such a good learning opportunity. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of dudes are good coaches and actively want to help you get better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i need to make an effort to go to my locals more now that im closer. They got into tekken 7 hard

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thank you.

Yeah Saya is a good friend of mine and he randomly got into Beyblades and decided he wanted to run Beyblade tournaments at fighting game events. I assume he's running and competing in this?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah Saya is a good friend of mine and he randomly got into Beyblades and decided he wanted to run Beyblade tournaments at fighting game events. I assume he's running and competing in this?

Yup! He's always been a cool dude at locals.

It sorta started out as an ironic "lmao beyblade sure this looks fun why not" thing but it's gotten kinda serious where Saya messaged me the other day reminding me to sign up for the World Beyblade Organization website to track ELO and stuff and helped me pick out a beyblade starter kit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yup! He's always been a cool dude at locals.

It sorta started out as an ironic "lmao beyblade sure this looks fun why not" thing but it's gotten kinda serious where Saya messaged me the other day reminding me to sign up for the World Beyblade Organization website to track ELO and stuff and helped me pick out a beyblade starter kit.

This is a powerfully FGC side game thing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So UltraChen got a couple hours hands on with Granblue Fantasy Versus. It's the same build that's going to be at Frosty this weekend and it's nice to be getting some new footage to work with. Still no NA release date
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izW4vwnJWf4

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Granblue was never my gacha of choice and I don't really play any Arc games but I continue to be hyped for this

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Nazzadan posted:

Granblue was never my gacha of choice and I don't really play any Arc games but I continue to be hyped for this

I gotchya gacha RIGHT HERE BUDDY. *hands you small ball with toy inside*

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

HerniaFlange posted:

I gotchya gacha RIGHT HERE BUDDY. *hands you small ball with toy inside*

Sweet, a big guy with an axe and a scar across one eye

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

as a dude who loves rev2 gameplay but has no love for anime at all im pretty bummed strive seems like theyve toned down the gameplay and cranked up the anime. at least theyve seemed to cool it with the loli poo poo. i would consider moving to unist or granblue to get my 2d fighter fix but ive been having a pretty good time learning tekken.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Off topic but they added another blue haired swordsperson Fire Emblem to Smash.

By now that's basically the series' shoto

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dias posted:

Off topic but they added another blue haired swordsperson Fire Emblem to Smash.

By now that's basically the series' shoto

Except this time it's a Fire Emblem character that remembered the existence of weapons that aren't swords. She doesn't even have a counter!

The spear and axe moves look dope, especially that armoured down B.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Joker in MK11.
Okay.
He has, like, spring-loaded boxing gloves with brass knuckles, and a Bat man puppet with a gun inside. And a reference to Friendships in his Fatality. Just. It's dumb. MK's dumb.
I wish there was a way to somehow throw everyone's copies of a game into the trash simultaneously, even the downloaded ones.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

as a dude who loves rev2 gameplay but has no love for anime at all im pretty bummed strive seems like theyve toned down the gameplay and cranked up the anime. at least theyve seemed to cool it with the loli poo poo. i would consider moving to unist or granblue to get my 2d fighter fix but ive been having a pretty good time learning tekken.

Tekken is anime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
We already have Akuma and Geese, put I-No in Tekken 7.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 16, 2020

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Also put Jack-O in, I want little helper creatures clogging up the stage while they try to wave dash through it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Please put a Guilty Gear character into Tekken 7.

Tekken players were freaking out about FADCs, Fireballs and DPs. I want to see their heads explode once they see a Roman Cancel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rage drive is close enough to a rc that you could just make sol or whoever have rc for their rd

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

none of the meter characters have rage drives because they have meters instead

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Rage drive is close enough to a rc that you could just make sol or whoever have rc for their rd

I'm really not sure how RDs are anything like RCs. Claudio's maybe the closest but even then it's more like a one time use FADC from a single specific move.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Well it makes combos work that otherwise dont i suppose

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sharrrk posted:

none of the meter characters have rage drives because they have meters instead

Oh yeah good point nm

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

I unironically want to see Karnov in Tekken 7. Also Hakan, but there's no way enough people would want that for them to consider it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

HerniaFlange posted:

Joker in MK11.
Okay.
He has, like, spring-loaded boxing gloves with brass knuckles, and a Bat man puppet with a gun inside. And a reference to Friendships in his Fatality. Just. It's dumb. MK's dumb.
I wish there was a way to somehow throw everyone's copies of a game into the trash simultaneously, even the downloaded ones.

Actually MK11 Joker clearly owns?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

HerniaFlange posted:

I unironically want to see Karnov in Tekken 7. Also Hakan, but there's no way enough people would want that for them to consider it.

Karnov should really be in every fighting game

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Extra Large Marge posted:

Karnov should really be in every fighting game

I'd go fuckin' apeshit if they put Karnov in Tekken 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HerniaFlange posted:

Joker in MK11.
Okay.

Then follow this up by throwing yourself into the trash because you're a garbage person.