Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nighthand posted:

I recognized it as a waterfall but the mist and splashing looks more like treetops than his actual treetops.

Yeah, that got me for a moment.

Again, I'll give Mooks credit for effort here. I mean for once we also actually have a comic without dialogue the whole week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Mookie just straight up copied those tendril, mushroom trees from No Man's Sky. He only removed details because :effort:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hang on, didn't someone already accuse him of ripping off No Man's Sky earlier in this arc?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
There's so little happening. Why did I suddenly remember Runcible Spoon?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

Hang on, didn't someone already accuse him of ripping off No Man's Sky earlier in this arc?

Yeah, me, he posts about NMS constantly on Twitter so it's not exactly hard to figure out.

Again, that in itself is not a problem, but the fact he doesn't take it far ENOUGH is.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

ninjewtsu posted:

That waterfall landscape isn't terrible. There's something approaching a sense of scale there

It’s probably cause he copied it from some Niagara Falls photo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Delicate Arch that is not.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Invisible Clergy posted:

Impressive goatse in panel 2
Look at the positioning of the fingers.

Dominic Deegan's world is inside the hole.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

With The Legacy, I did away with dialogue altogether because it was time to do something new, and to challenge myself.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I did not parse it as a waterfall until it was mentioned as such in this thread. I saw it as a big crater.

I saw a cliff face. Because the wild edge having a massive enough body of water for its own Niagara Falls doesn't match my memories of endless plains and scattered hills. And one very angry rain cloud.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a barren plain with a big hole full of trees for some reason

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't see anything because my eyes glazed right over it.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Brought To You By posted:

I saw a cliff face. Because the wild edge having a massive enough body of water for its own Niagara Falls doesn't match my memories of endless plains and scattered hills. And one very angry rain cloud.

Niagara, please.

I parsed that image as a big crater from a meteorite hitting the planet a long time ago and in that time it had filled with trees (the clouds of mist in the middle) since it's an animu staple.

But that would require us ever coming back to any of these loading screens. Which we all know we're not.

To quote a much better low effort webcomic: I'm wearing the +1 boots of hating this comic

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Recapping a week where nothing happened.

I don't think I've ever seen a story where the protagonist explicitly draws attention to their call to adventure.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Call to adventure

GEDDIT

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I knew he reading this thread! Hi mookie this is boring

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Given that he has no destination besides 'a place with books in' is it actually possible for him to be lost?

e: also his "adventure" has been an entirely uneventful walk

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Given that he has no destination besides 'a place with books in' is it actually possible for him to be lost?

Plus he has nowhere to return to except the cave.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Mors Rattus posted:

e: also his "adventure" has been an entirely uneventful walk

So he's just what, walking in a straight line til more plot coupons teleport into his hand?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
He's not even looking at the journal in the middle panel, god dammit.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Invisible Clergy posted:

So he's just what, walking in a straight line til more plot coupons teleport into his hand?

Oh my loving god that's literally what is happening

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He can't have gone very far because he's just now eating that nondescript clump of berries.

Also he's all out of food now.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Maybe the berries will make him hallucinate and he has a vision quest where he isn't deaf, leading him to where he has to go.

Or, if that's too much effort, just have him fall asleep and wake up next to a plotpoint.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh my loving god that's literally what is happening

This poo poo is peak troper fiction. I bet he runs into a tosser which hurls him to the next unthreatening monster he easily overcomes.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

TheHan posted:

Recapping a week where nothing happened.

I don't think I've ever seen a story where the protagonist explicitly draws attention to their call to adventure.

He has to call attention to it otherwise the page ceases to be a 'doubting myself but ADVENTURE' montage and just comes across as a page depicting Snout as someone who lives in a 'beautiful' but desolate place in an isolated way, who has had enough of writing in his journal for the day and is heading home. Hell without the text this could be the first time we ever saw Snout and it'd probably be a better intro than what we got.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Little writing tip for you Mookie. When using a common writing trope. Don’t have the character literally say/write down “name of trope” while applying it to themselves. It’s not natural.

Good thing I left home on this “hero’s journey”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How long has "mookie" been doing this that he never learned how to draw an eye

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

How long has "mookie" been doing this that he never learned how to draw an eye

More than twenty loving years.

If I did anything for twenty years, I would like to think that just by accident, I'd get better. Mookie has somehow managed to get worse.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Mookie made me laugh, at least

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wooo dog, a whole town of characters with asymmetrical designs and extraneous bits tacked on, with no character sheets to speak of? Good luck to this man.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is the most cursed example yet that the tail is his actual penis.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In this page we see Deaf T-posing in surprise.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What the hell is that orb

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's a phantasm orb, RIP deaf guy.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Comic: "I have a problem: I have no idea where I am or where to go."
Immediately next comic: *Sign in the middle of nowhere points way to next destination*

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Love how his bindle vanishes and reappears between panels.