Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I'm a non-binary pan person, I like the mangas with the pretty queer people! :neckbeard:

(Gravitation and FAKE were super formative for me growing up. FAKE is still 100% a classic IMO.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Queer manga is still basically the only form of media where i've seen asexuality explored (even if from minor characters for works focused on other things) so that's neat. Not that I go looking for it but it's cool to be reminded I exist

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
As a queer person I just wanna personally thank sports anime for being an LGBTQ genre by default.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm one of the many many many trans people who read/watched ranma 1/2 in their youth and thought "How is that a curse" and "Oh how wonderful would it be if my shower suddening started expelling spring of drowned girl water"

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://mangadex.cc/title/41114/my-son-is-probably-gay

Found this manga today. Cute and fluffy and Mom is fantastic.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Mulderman posted:

https://mangadex.cc/title/41114/my-son-is-probably-gay

Found this manga today. Cute and fluffy and Mom is fantastic.

This is excellent.

Hi, thread. I’m a gay.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It took me a sec to realize your name was just wark

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm trans and I'm anime

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm one of the many many many trans people who read/watched ranma 1/2 in their youth and thought "How is that a curse" and "Oh how wonderful would it be if my shower suddening started expelling spring of drowned girl water"

I didn't put together that that's what I was thinking But here we are

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Wark posted:

This is excellent.

Hi, thread. I’m a gay.

Same

Waci fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 11, 2020

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I am also gay

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Shimanami Tasogare and Do You Want To Go Out, Or? are my favorite lgbtq manga. Pity about how one is finished and the other is in scanlator hell!

I really loved Simoun when it aired but I'm afraid to revisit it because I worry there will be more of the Bad poo poo I remember (like the stupid eyecatches or that one subplot with the sisters) than the Good poo poo, which my brain is probably wearing big rosy glasses for. It's been like 13 fuckin years...

Snooze Cruise posted:

this chapter is good

i want the sexy lesbian lady to flirt with me too

What's the series?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

What's the series?

Love Me For What I Am, a manga about a non-bingary teenager working at a crossdressing-themed café.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

Love Me For What I Am, a manga about a non-bingary teenager working at a crossdressing-themed café.

Cool I'll give it a shot

The synopsis makes it sound very strange in a funny way, that the MC apparently thinks the correct way to help his classmate make friends is to suggest they work at 'a girlyboy cafe' which has to be multiple faux pas simultaneously even by the rules of comedy manga

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To all the sisters out there supporting OL Romance and Gay Rights, I thank you

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Isn't this mostly gonna cover the same things that the shoujo/romance thread does? :v:

Insurrectionist posted:

Cool I'll give it a shot

The synopsis makes it sound very strange in a funny way, that the MC apparently thinks the correct way to help his classmate make friends is to suggest they work at 'a girlyboy cafe' which has to be multiple faux pas simultaneously even by the rules of comedy manga

I really like that manga. That said be careful, the other connected work the author made is very nsfw.

Or seek it out if that's your thing, whatever, but you probably won't want too look at it at work or on the bus :v:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hi thread, I'm a lesbian and I have no idea what most of these things are, so thanks for all the reading material!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Might as well cross post it here:

Still Sick is Still Great

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Akanesasu Shoujo is good as heck. Extremely silly, extremely gay, and surprisingly powerful when it gets serious. It’s a weird mess of a show but I loved it. Was just thinking about it again recently and I’m glad I’m not the only one!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

Isn't this mostly gonna cover the same things that the shoujo/romance thread does? :v:

I see no problem with having two good threads

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

But this is also where I can post that a friend said “Grindr is just gay Tinder” and I laughed in his face

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Animer

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grindr is a very lovely app filled with terrible people but sometimes you just reinstall it

k4kk01
May 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

Yuureitou, which I'm not linking because my bookmark on mangadex is dead, is much less good with its portrayals and is more pulp than anything but it's maybe my favorite manga focused on LGBT individuals. Lots of content warnings for abuse and gore and just about everything though. It's incredibly pulpy, and has both the good and the bad that comes from that. FtM and Transvestite MCs though which is kind of rare.

This was a really good read, thank you. I appreciated how the LGBT issues weren't swept under the rug, but they weren't the only driving conflict in the story. It struck an awesome balance. Definitely very pulpy, though.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Grindr is a very lovely app filled with terrible people but sometimes you just reinstall it

Sometimes that’s how it is

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes things need to get done and there's an easy way to do them

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
I was really iffy on love me for what I am at first, just cuz the premise sounded kinda chasery, but like, that impression was totally wrong and like, the characters are all treated respectfully and are likable and it feels like the author's giving the topics they discuss the appropriate weight. I still feel kinda weird about mogumo's design, like it feels a bit loliconish, but other than that it's super good. I'm really excited something like it is able to get like, published and officially translated and everything

moyashimon is another really good queer manga people should check out too, one of the main characters is trans and she's handled pretty well, and most of the rest of the main cast are bi or lesbians. also the main subject matter of food science is super interesting

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel very be iffy about how Moyashimon handles Kei to be honest. It can never seem to decide how to treat her. Positive/negative, trans girl or cis crossdresser, and ultimately chickens out on her and Tadayasu.

I suppose it's still better than most though, and certainly Hasegawa doesn't give a gently caress.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Rody One Half posted:

I feel very be iffy about how Moyashimon handles Kei to be honest. It can never seem to decide how to treat her. Positive/negative, trans girl or cis crossdresser, and ultimately chickens out on her and Tadayasu.

I suppose it's still better than most though, and certainly Hasegawa doesn't give a gently caress.

sawaki/kei not resolving is intensely frustrating for sure. kei definitely deserves better than sawaki though tbh. like, most of the main complaints I have with the series come from him being agonizingly slow to adjust compared to everyone else around him and it's pretty dumb

aside from that stuff and the brief initial conflict around her coming out, I remember it being generally pretty positive about her though. like once hasegawa kisses oikawa and tells her to get her head out of her rear end the cast is supportive of her decision and treats her like a girl, and the work more broadly seemed to take her seriously as a character. like she's pretty sure of herself and it's reinforced that her choice to take time off school to explore her gender stuff was the right one, and she continues to be a major character with her own subplots and interests through the rest of the manga

also, in my experience it's not super weird or uncommon for people to exist in limbo between being a "crossdresser" and a "trans person" irl. people progress from one identity to another all the time as they figure out what kind of person they want to be. she kinda reads as like, "trans girl who hasn't pieced together a coherent identity yet," though I imagine out-of-universe the author probably just didn't have a clear understanding of what he was working with like with most of these things. imo there's enough to like about the rest of how she's handled that it doesn't bother me tooooooo much, though

also hasegawa owns :stwoon:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I'll always have mixed feelings but yeah Kei and Hasegawa own and the sheer Style Power radiating off them and French Kei is completely absurd

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Snooze Cruise posted:

this chapter is good

i want the sexy lesbian lady to flirt with me too

This

Also hi anime and manga likers lgbt chat thread.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anime made me gay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i only got one thing to say to all these happy gay animes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QttHF9XKhiU&t=45s

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Can this be the thread where we talk about how good Otome Danshi is? Because it's real good.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

ZiegeDame posted:

Can this be the thread where we talk about how good Otome Danshi is? Because it's real good.

Absolutely yes

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Dammit i just binged the entire thing and i need more :negative:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Any opinions on Tamen De Gushi/Their Story?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

skaianDestiny posted:

Any opinions on Tamen De Gushi/Their Story?

Very Good. Very Gay. And I hope Xi doesn't have the author disappeared. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

Very Good. Very Gay. And I hope Xi doesn't have the author disappeared. :ohdear:

It's this