Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

That episode is great but, even Westworld S2 has 2 great episodes. BTW why is HBO funding WW S3 but not Watchmen S2.

Watchmen's showrunner Damon Lindelof said from the start that he didn't have any plans for a second season, so there wasn't anything for HBO to fund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Watchmen's showrunner Damon Lindelof said from the start that he didn't have any plans for a second season, so there wasn't anything for HBO to fund.

didn't stop him from Lost now did it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

little past yoda species name chat but i'd like to contribute: "frogwai"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

little past yoda species name chat but i'd like to contribute: "frogwai"

he ate the frog though?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rem Lezard

George I know you read this thread

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Watching the witcher. it's sorta good and i'm enjoying it but also very bad.

Weird how they sorta glossed over the fairytale stuff for renfri but went with it for the hedgehog knight and child surprise.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

hemale in pain posted:

Watching the witcher. it's sorta good and i'm enjoying it but also very bad.

Weird how they sorta glossed over the fairytale stuff for renfri but went with it for the hedgehog knight and child surprise.

They skipped the Beauty and the Beast parody story in the book, I like it better than the Renfri/Snow White story.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's Greenzmo, you fools.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

having not seen watchmen

:rolleyes:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I stopped watching before he showed up - did they explain why Manhattan was now a black guy instead of a blue god?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I stopped watching before he showed up - did they explain why Manhattan was now a black guy instead of a blue god?

Yes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i know this thread is a bit more laissez faire about this stuff, but please don't spoil the show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

i know this thread is a bit more laissez faire about this stuff, but please don't spoil the show

My lips are sealed!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I asked the question to get the explanation because I know it's gonna be funny as hell.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

They skipped the Beauty and the Beast parody story in the book, I like it better than the Renfri/Snow White story.

I have to admit I've read all the witcher books but have no recollection of anything outside the last wish

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

hemale in pain posted:

I have to admit I've read all the witcher books but have no recollection of anything outside the last wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxlv-JaItc

It's a good realistic take of a fairy tale story without the juvenile grimdark stuff from Snyder movies.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

I have no idea since Westworld season 3 has no chance of being good. Hard to think of many shows with that big of a dip in quality between the first and second season.

I still think the lesser Nolan was lying when he said they had 5 seasons planned out because there's no way you have the robots escaping in season 2 if that's the case.

Planned out could mean anything, and in this case I feel like there's a whiteboard somewhere that reads:
1. Robots become sentient!
2. Robots escape!
3. Maybe a WWII park, I dunno?
4. ???
5. ???

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Delthalaz posted:

What’s so bad about the Watchmen tv show anyway? I heard- it was good

It was good lmao. Ignore the whiners

75% of them are chuds and the remaining 25% are "comic enthusiast" jerkoffs.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Watchmen was OK. It was weird and different and well made and if you're into that you'll probably like it

Never listen to any extreme opinion either way, chances are it belongs to someone permanently fused to their computer chair and drowning in their own neckbeard

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What is even the context for the call

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Alan Smithee posted:

What is even the context for the call

a recurring bit rich didn't want to do anymore so he made it as awful as possible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Alan Smithee posted:

is he known for dropping racial slurs what

ahahaha what

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Saint Drogo posted:

maybe this will be the end of loving pointless, lifeless seasons 2&3 for obvious 1-and-done shows. ending with dignity when your story does is a rare and beautiful thing.

100%

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was good lmao. Ignore the whiners

75% of them are chuds and the remaining 25% are "comic enthusiast" jerkoffs.

Hmm weird I'm neither of those. Watchmen the comic is good but comics as a whole should be burned to the ground. The people that made the show didn't understand the comic and Damon confirmed that in the podcast.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

It's not really racist to impersonate speech, if it was, then I declare your muppet "The Swedish Chef" incredibly racist and an affront to the swedish peoples

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yes and it is stupid but it's a tv show about superheroes it's stupid as gently caress anyway

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Its its about the two Stormtroopers that were just dicking around/punching Baby Yoda I'm all in.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Fartbox posted:

It's not really racist to impersonate speech, if it was, then I declare your muppet "The Swedish Chef" incredibly racist and an affront to the swedish peoples

They do, in fact, talk like that.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

you monsters

just wait until the swedish armadas arrive, then we'll see whos laughing

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Drunken Baker posted:

Seriously, if they gave him a moderate budget and just said "do whatever" they'd make money hand over fist.

Kennedy will give him carte blanche, praise his work in the press after having seen a couple of dailies and ultimately replace him halfway through the shoot with some D-tier garbage director like Todd Phillips because "Uh, it didn't feel like Star Wars and he didn't want to bring back Jabba".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Castor Poe posted:

Kennedy will give him carte blanche, praise his work in the press after having seen a couple of dailies and ultimately replace him halfway through the shoot with some D-tier garbage director like Todd Phillips because "Uh, it didn't feel like Star Wars and he didn't want to bring back Jabba".

exactly this

they could have had a star wars made by the lego movie people

then they could have dovetailed that into an actual big budget lego star wars thing(movie crossover!!!!!) which might be the one other project that could compete with baby yoda

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am having a blast listening to different online reviewers trying to describe how terrible DOLITTLE is.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

bring back old gbs posted:

exactly this

they could have had a star wars made by the lego movie people

then they could have dovetailed that into an actual big budget lego star wars thing(movie crossover!!!!!) which might be the one other project that could compete with baby yoda

Do I have to remind you Kennedy fired the Lego movie people?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dolittle+cats EU when

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do I have to remind you Kennedy fired the Lego movie people?

??? i think you misread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am having a blast listening to different online reviewers trying to describe how terrible DOLITTLE is.

The trailer comes off like one of those parody epic ones.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

bring back old gbs posted:

??? i think you misread

OK I see what you meant.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
everyone on the yoda planet is going to speak like yoda arent they lol

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stephenthinkpad posted:

OK I see what you meant.
To expand a bit: I know Lego Star Wars is a pretty popular thing, but Lego as a licensed property seems to be more DC-aligned at the moment, Lego Batman was a pretty big theatrical release.

Having a friendly relationship with the guys who deliver those very popular movies could have been a MASSIVE win for Disney. The combination of poo poo you can mash up and still make it work because fuckit, it's legos must be lucrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Its its about the two Stormtroopers that were just dicking around/punching Baby Yoda I'm all in.

A movie where those two are sent on a critical mission would probably be cool.