Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah I don't care if the remake changes some stuff, I just don't want the new stuff to be super super dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Link's Awakening remake was the remake you want and I thought it was boring as poo poo cus I'd already played that game so I'm the winner here

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
I am (was? no, mostly still am) totally down for FFVIIr to have tweaks/changes/additions but I am not remotely interested in the same specific kind of nonsense that already infested the arse end of Kingdom Hearts leaking into FFVIIr.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
FFVIIR ends with Cloud going back in time to save Aerith, but it has unknown and horrifying consequences on the universe.

“...What year is this?”

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Speaking of new things for the remake. while listening to Battle on the Big Bridge as I zoomed around in FFXV, I thought about how they added Gilgamesh to the FF1 remake.

I think it be cool for him to be a superboss in FFVII Part 8 or whatever.

Also FFVII has the best version of the Prelude ever. Listening to it again is like a mystical transporter back in time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPx3h5bwXVQ

And I know FFXII's OST gets a resounding meh from a lot of folks on here but its version of the Prelude is so beautiful.

EDIT:

There are four disks of FFXI music and two Dissidia OSTs but no FFXIII-2 music? This is the game's greatest failure by far.

But seriously, he music of XV itself actually owns pretty hard. I don't see it get praised as much. At least with XIII everyone raved about the soundtrack no matter what else they

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 16, 2020

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

NikkolasKing posted:

EDIT:

There are four disks of FFXI music and two Dissidia OSTs but no FFXIII-2 music? This is the game's greatest failure by far.

But seriously, he music of XV itself actually owns pretty hard. I don't see it get praised as much. At least with XIII everyone raved about the soundtrack no matter what else they

Agreed. FFXV has a great soundtrack and the fact you cannot listen to it on the in game MP3 player is frustrating.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HD DAD posted:

FFVIIR ends with Cloud going back in time to save Aerith, but it has unknown and horrifying consequences on the universe.

“...What year is this?”

It worked for Shadow Hearts!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
FFVIIR ends with Cloud in a mako vegetative state in Mideel staring at a snowglobe of Midgar.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

HD DAD posted:

“...What year is this?”

*Aerith screams*

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I hope they go back in time and the game switches to PS1 graphics.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It turns out Jenova is actually a chunk of a Lavos spawn.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you get to the gold saucer and go to see the play and instead of it playing out as normal the crowd melts into goo and then parasite eve happens

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Like, you people joke around and assume the best, but there hasn't been any speculation or design revealed from this game that differentiates itself from the rest of the Compilation we hate. It's going to suck, and you are actively in denial because Square-Enix is living rent free in your heads. You're just going to sit down, and drink your drat tea, and you're going to love it, because you have no will to persist into the future. Life's like a road that you travel on, it's one day here the next day gonegaga.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Schwartzcough posted:

I hope they go back in time and the game switches to PS1 graphics.

This is a really cool idea and I loved when Kojima did it in MGS4.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Phantasium posted:

you get to the gold saucer and go to see the play and instead of it playing out as normal the crowd melts into goo and then parasite eve happens

Ok that would own.

Give me a Aya Brea costume for Cloud.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

NikkolasKing posted:

And I know FFXII's OST gets a resounding meh from a lot of folks on here but its version of the Prelude is so beautiful.

XII has a total loving killer soundtrack. gently caress nem haters.

My gripe with the XV soundtrack is the soundtracks are only choice cuts. I’d like the whole things please. I mean, cruising around with the Red Wings theme on repeat is the greatest thing ever but where’s my IV cave theme?

Also, no XV soundtrack is weird. I really like Sunset Waltz.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tall Tale Teller posted:

XII has a total loving killer soundtrack. gently caress nem haters.

My gripe with the XV soundtrack is the soundtracks are only choice cuts. I’d like the whole things please. I mean, cruising around with the Red Wings theme on repeat is the greatest thing ever but where’s my IV cave theme?

Also, no XV soundtrack is weird. I really like Sunset Waltz.

FFXII does indeed have a great OST. Not one of my favorites but this is Final Fantasy, not being top tier doesn't make you bad. It has a lot of good songs.

People hate the Great Crystal but To the Place of the Gods is an amazing,amazing track.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The localization in this game is fantastic but has anyone ever commented on why they changed her name from Cidney to Cindy? They must know the importance of Cid for the FF franchise. She's the first female Cid. I don't understand this pretty big and unnecessary change.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

The localization in this game is fantastic but has anyone ever commented on why they changed her name from Cidney to Cindy? They must know the importance of Cid for the FF franchise. She's the first female Cid. I don't understand this pretty big and unnecessary change.

Nobody is really clear on why. Even in the credits her name is credited as "Cidney/Cindy."

There's some theory that "Cidney" seemed like too silly a name but, y'know, Sidney is an actual name so :shrug: (Also it's a game where the main characters are named poo poo like Sword Friendship)

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There's some theory that "Cidney" seemed like too silly a name

Rikku, Rinoa, Vanille, Quistis, Lunafreya, Chocolina, Penelo, Relm....all non silly female FF names

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The whole remake is gonna be in Cloud's head as he's falling into the pit in mideel and then you just play original rear end FF7 from there to the end.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Also I have found the nw actual best song in FFXV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PCWC6dQL8

I'm gonna get that goddam fish. I spent forever and only got it down to a little less than half before the line snapped.

Might help if i got a better rod. I gotta get the Devil fish first. Of course I had no idea that the drat thing had no minimap marker. So not only do yout not know where it is or when it comes out you also don't know what lure to use. I don't feel bad about looking all that up.

I'm sure there are some brave, insane souls who have caught every fish in this game without using a guide but gently caress me, I like fishing and this game but I don't have time for all that.

edit:

Just want to issue an apology to FFXV. It was the guides that suck, not the game. They gave me all the wrongest info possible. I should have just looked at YT first. He does have a marker and the spot to fish for him is the first fishing area in the game, not the Shoals off to the left. Goddam.

Also I've been fishing wrong all game. I thought you only pressed down on the joystick when the arrows were on screen. That made all this so much ahrer than it needed to be. I'm dumb, what else is new.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 17, 2020

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gologle posted:

Like, you people joke around and assume the best, but there hasn't been any speculation or design revealed from this game that differentiates itself from the rest of the Compilation we hate. It's going to suck, and you are actively in denial because Square-Enix is living rent free in your heads. You're just going to sit down, and drink your drat tea, and you're going to love it, because you have no will to persist into the future. Life's like a road that you travel on, it's one day here the next day gonegaga.

I am so excited for this excellent and good video game to come out and blow everyone’s tits off. I remain completely dumbfounded how anyone could think that this game could be anything but fantastic, and would like to remind everyone that FF7R is going to be, no joke, the best game that comes out in 2020.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

jokes posted:

FF7R is going to be, no joke, the best game that comes out in 2020.

probably but that's not actually mutually exclusive with it being bad

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

jokes posted:

FF7R is going to be, no joke, the best game that comes out in 2020.

Hmm, post and user name does not check out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FF7R will start with Cloud having a conversation with his ancient reptile brain.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
FF7R is a masterful deception on par with the MGS2 Raiden bait-and-switch, and the main character is Denzel.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Rikku, Rinoa, Vanille, Quistis, Lunafreya, Chocolina, Penelo, Relm....all non silly female FF names

Rikku is a real Japanese name

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it's the people with names like Cindy or David or w/e that are the weird ones in FF land

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Terra's JP name Tina was chosen because it was so exotic-sounding.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
But we rarely reach Gundam franchise level of batshit crazy names.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Hogama posted:

In a less-known instance of everyday names in that game, Edgar's secret World of Ruin alias (Gerad) in the original game?

Jeff.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
He'd fit right in with II's cast.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Hogama posted:

Which is a shame, as Terra contrasts so well with Celes as a name.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the first time i played the game she was bedda, because i hit confirm instead of cancel at some point and was too lazy to change it

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Name all characters and summons Dave

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Celesterra is not a famous drama you Philistines. You idiots.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

HD DAD posted:

Name all characters and summons Dave

I'd like a main character who's name is Paul. Or Terry.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I always renamed Zidane to Ronaldo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

zedprime posted:

Celesterra is not a famous drama you Philistines. You idiots.

If I cared about drama I wouldn’t be playing comedy games like Final Fantasy.