Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HerniaFlange posted:

Joker in MK11.
Okay.
He has, like, spring-loaded boxing gloves with brass knuckles, and a Bat man puppet with a gun inside. And a reference to Friendships in his Fatality. Just. It's dumb. MK's dumb.
I wish there was a way to somehow throw everyone's copies of a game into the trash simultaneously, even the downloaded ones.

Why so serious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

HerniaFlange posted:

Joker in MK11.
Okay.
He has, like, spring-loaded boxing gloves with brass knuckles, and a Bat man puppet with a gun inside. And a reference to Friendships in his Fatality. Just. It's dumb. MK's dumb.
I wish there was a way to somehow throw everyone's copies of a game into the trash simultaneously, even the downloaded ones.

Actually mk11 owns and the Joker owns.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
No. Joker bad. MK bad. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you all have such bad taste.

Well the Joaquin Phoenix movie was good. Exception that proves the rule.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Karnov should really be in every fighting game

Duck_King posted:

I'd go fuckin' apeshit if they put Karnov in Tekken 7.

These fine folks have astonishingly good taste though, just the most finely curated favorites.

Thank you for the red text I finally feel accepted.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 17, 2020

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8f0yxg9CuM

:popeye: we got some live sf3 music

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
V-Jump leaked again, Ultra Instinct Goku's coming to DBFZ and will be revealed at the world tour finals in February.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just give me farmer goku

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

People still play gokufighter? I was expecting it to be a one year affair just like every NRS game ever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I mean they're still making Xenoverse 2 DLC, I guess DBZ fanatics will buy whatever they put out.

Ultra Instinct Goku's sort of a weird pick because the whole thing with Ultra Instinct is that he automatically dodges everything without thinking.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I went to a meet up of my local FGC last night. I guess everyone was mostly playing Mortal Kombat which I have not practiced nearly enough to play against real people.

I did play SFV with someone. It was fun! I went 0-43 but some how really enjoyed myself, and still did better than the one match of MK11 I tried

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I mean they're still making Xenoverse 2 DLC, I guess DBZ fanatics will buy whatever they put out.

Ultra Instinct Goku's sort of a weird pick because the whole thing with Ultra Instinct is that he automatically dodges everything without thinking.

Why can't we have master roshi already!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dbzf is fun enough for me to play with non fgc people and simple enough for them to do stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does it still take like 5 minutes to win a round?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Draynar posted:

Why can't we have master roshi already!

Where's Mr. Satan? No seriously the Buddokai games put in everyone (at the time) including Jetpack Satan and we can't get him here?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Where's Mr. Satan? No seriously the Buddokai games put in everyone (at the time) including Jetpack Satan and we can't get him here?

As much as I agree the amount of Gokus is ridiculous if not entirely unexpected, I imagine it's a lot more effort to get a character created for DBFZ than for the Budokai games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whoever is in charge is my enemy

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Mr. Satan or another actual new character or Caulifla (I put "woman Saiyan" before but that felt weird so I looked it up) or like Bulma in a super mech suit or just anything. Anything besides another Goku. Please no more Gokus. Or Vegetas but not as much.

Put Ryu in DBFZ.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

As much as I agree the amount of Gokus is ridiculous if not entirely unexpected, I imagine it's a lot more effort to get a character created for DBFZ than for the Budokai games.

I'm not saying they need 150 characters. But for all the iconic people they are pulling out they missed the Dan Hibiki of the series. And yes, I think they have surpassed BT3 in terms of variants of Goku so if you made it a ratio it's kind of ridiculous. Also no Raditz and no Uub. I don't play DBFZ but come on man.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

FrostyPox posted:

I went to a meet up of my local FGC last night. I guess everyone was mostly playing Mortal Kombat which I have not practiced nearly enough to play against real people.

I did play SFV with someone. It was fun! I went 0-43 but some how really enjoyed myself, and still did better than the one match of MK11 I tried

SFV is wack but it has some fun characters now at least. G is a good time if you want to ignore the game and just do free 50% on the other guy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can two people play against each other using teams made up entirely of different Goku's on both sides in DBFZ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah

Reg, black, ssj, ultra, kid, blue...i think theres more

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

FF starts today wooo here's the schedule. Come get yer anime game on.

https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit/status/1217511293655093252

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

I'm not saying they need 150 characters. But for all the iconic people they are pulling out they missed the Dan Hibiki of the series. And yes, I think they have surpassed BT3 in terms of variants of Goku so if you made it a ratio it's kind of ridiculous. Also no Raditz and no Uub. I don't play DBFZ but come on man.

I agree and I imagine a lot of this is a Marvel Vs. Capcom situation where 97% of the higher level decision making is made by the license holder (Toei/Shueisha) and the developer just kinda has to do what they're told while working inside a very constrained box.

I can't imagine the people working on this game from day 1 wouldn't rather make a new, weird character as opposed to a different permutation of a character the game already has 3 of.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

last season they were at least smart enough to lead with the actual new characters and end with the repeats

UI goku was inevitable but man, leading with him doesn't really fill me with much excitement over what season 3's gonna look like

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

last season they were at least smart enough to lead with the actual new characters and end with the repeats

UI goku was inevitable but man, leading with him doesn't really fill me with much excitement over what season 3's gonna look like

okay but do you honestly think there aren't a bunch of people who wanted ultra instinct more than anything else?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mustache Vegeta.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

okay but do you honestly think there aren't a bunch of people who wanted ultra instinct more than anything else?

other people wanting something isn't going to make me want it

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

other people wanting something isn't going to make me want it

I mean yeah but they're gonna obvs play to the crowd

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
UI Goku would have to be like how Saitama works in the OPM fighting game: immensely powerful but with a huge drawback. For Saitama you just have a blank spot on your team and if you survive long enough he FINALLY shows up and can't take damage and one shots everyone.

UI Goku should have like constantly draining health but he can't get hit and is way stronger than normal or something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

I mean yeah but they're gonna obvs play to the crowd

that's why i said he was inevitable

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It just sounds like what Nintendo did with Berlyn or whatever the new FE character is. Everyone could guess that the latest FE game would get a new rep, but they put them at the end of a character pack of new characters to the smash franchise so it sucks because you know the suits made the call. And I know Nintendo is aware of the general complaint of "too many swordsman" because they put that cheeky line in their video. Ultra Instinct wasn't not going to be in the game but for a game that gets the complaint of too many Goku's, however legitimate, why lead with a new Goku for your next season? Put him in the middle or in the end.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Driver's Education Goku

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Does Vegito count as a whole Goku or half a Goku? A whole Goku went into it, but it's only half the character.
I don't follow Dragonball, how many Gokus are available to add in still?

Extra Large Marge posted:

Driver's Education Goku

Still Needs His Morning Coffee Goku
Garfield Goku tie-in
Funko Pop Goku

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 17, 2020

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
in other depressing fighting game news, people have access to the uniclr demo that has all the characters at FF and wagner/byakuya got buffed for some reason

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

in other depressing fighting game news, people have access to the uniclr demo that has all the characters at FF and wagner/byakuya got buffed for some reason

goddamnit who hired a bunch of submissive fetishists to balance wagner

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

HerniaFlange posted:

Does Vegito count as a whole Goku or half a Goku? A whole Goku went into it, but it's only half the character.
I don't follow Dragonball, how many Gokus are available to add in still?

At this point the only Gokus that aren't separate characters are already covered by supers/special moves of other characters. SSJ Goku has an SSJ3 super, GT Kid Goku has an SSJ4 super.

There's like SSJ2 which is probably covered by a move I'm forgetting, OG Dragonball Kid Goku & Adult Goku which are both covered by GT Kid Goku and Base Goku respectively. I guess there's also Super Saiyan God Goku before Super Saiyan Blue, but again that's kinda covered by SSJSS Goku.

At this point they'd be splitting the differences even further than they already have.

On top of that they've already got SSJSS Vegito, Gogeta, & Goku Black. I don't really know where they can go from here unless there's some movie/side story version of Goku I can't remember.

It's Dragonball so never say never, but I think UI Goku may be the last one until they continue the series.

Edit: After some googling it looks like there's an SSJ4 Gogeta that isn't covered by current Gogeta. But given GT's place in Dragonball it's amazing we even got Kid Goku.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 17, 2020

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
since movie characters are a thing they can still add turles, who is literally just goku's design but superficially evil looking

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

darealkooky posted:

wagner got buffed for some reason

:yeshaha:

I need to catch some FF top 8s on Sunday for sure

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dias posted:

goddamnit who hired a bunch of submissive fetishists to balance wagner

Hello

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Any word on Enkidu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

From what I'm hearing Enkidu got a ton of buffs. All around better damage/frame data/oki but I don't have the specifics.

Edit: Found some info.

"He has actual oki off of throw
22B is plus 3
Air divekicks are safe
Ex divekick is plus
5C has better proration
He has IC22B which is plus 6
He can hit confirm 236A from 2B now without havoc
5A is neutral on block"

Kongming fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 17, 2020