Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

luchajones posted:

Bad Boys 3 wasn’t bad. Better than 2

But was there a scene with a dead girl with big tits in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mike is tired of films. And who can blame him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a man stripped away to his very essence, consumed by ghost hunting shows and lager

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am sure I can google the answer but I am lazy. Do the Yoda dialogues in the OT follow a real world language grammar? Like in (I think) Japanese you say third person first before first person or something?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

reignofevil posted:

Alita was fine. It had some well done action sequences but the main character is so powerful you never genuinely wonder whether she's going to succeed. The efforts by james cameron to faithfully adapt the series are laudable and the passion clearly bleeds through in the world building but if you actually try and figure out 'okay why did big bad do __Thing__ even though it's completely contrary to his own interests/completely inexplicable' you're gonna be in for a bad time because the movie raises way more questions than it answers and the more seriously you treat the work the more noticable the gaping plotholes become.

Also it's never getting a sequel so unless you love manga you will never get those answers and worse I consulted with an actual anime goon about this post viewing and the answers he was willing to gave me did not clear up much at all!

Even if you read the manga you won't get the answers even because they explicitly ruled out the big twist/reveal of the manga. So presumably they were gonna have to do something different in the later movies.

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of some of the changes they made to make it more "movie like" i.e. more flashbacks, giving her a connection to the Berserker body and sword, making Desty Nova her fated nemesis and also the king of Zalem, etc. But it was still a good movie.

And gently caress imagine if they did a sequel and it included Barjack. That would've been amazing

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BexGu posted:

Its its about the two Stormtroopers that were just dicking around/punching Baby Yoda I'm all in.

I could watch Troopers/COPS skits all day.

PostNouveau posted:

A movie where those two are sent on a critical mission would probably be cool.

First mission is to get to hospital.

Burns posted:

Bad Boys is such loving trash. The movie goes out of its way to breaking any sort of pacing. Nearly every scene of martin and will going someone stops midtrack so the two of them can have an argument that is not relevant to anything.

It's hilarious. It was like bizarro Bay made it. His later movies spends sod all time with actual characters filling the space with rolling junk yards and explosions. Bad Boys 2 is the last we see of "Good" Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AbEJnPRYM

Next stop Bumble Bee lubrication and demolition balls.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I loved Alita Battle Angel because here you have the typical amnesiac protagonist going through the bog standard "who am i... what am i??" nonsense, she discovers she's shockingly good at physical activities, does the whole "am i... a weapon??" nonsense, discovers she is a murberbot, and instead of being all "no, I can rise above this" she's just "ah sweet, I love murder!" and spends the rest of the movie getting in fights. It's great.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i'm boycotting Alita since they cast Scarjo in the lead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Milo and POTUS posted:

The only female youtube stars I like are Susan, Gillian and Jesse!

And Holly Wolf

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oohhboy posted:

I could watch Troopers/COPS skits all day.

Did you ever watch the spiritual successor to TROOPS called IMPS: The Relentless? They got Optimus Prime to narrate it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Please don't spoil how the god character that can rearrange the entire universe and manipulate time and space and matter on a whim managed to change his appearance.

Why not how.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i keep thinking of the 'goodnight sweet cats' line when drunk mike is insisting that jay murders cats

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Alita Battle Angel was a fun dumb movie

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Disney is all done with the 21st century Fox brand name and they decided 'searchlight studios' was catchier.

Fuckin' rubes.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Hello thread. I have only recently started watching RLM in earnest, currently working my way through the Best of the Worst backlog: Wow, movies can be worse than I ever imagined!

Is there an explanation for why Rich Evans is always referred to by his full name, while the other guys are frequently credited without their surnames?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's like the phrase "cellar door"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
The Rich is actually an adjective, not a given name.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Umbra Dubium posted:

Hello thread. I have only recently started watching RLM in earnest, currently working my way through the Best of the Worst backlog: Wow, movies can be worse than I ever imagined!

Is there an explanation for why Rich Evans is always referred to by his full name, while the other guys are frequently credited without their surnames?

Mike has been Rich's best friend since high school iirc. It's entirely due to Mike's near-obsession with his best friend that he is referred to in this manner. Rich Evans does roll off the tongue really nicely imo

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Umbra Dubium posted:

It's a sign of respect/fear.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

have you seen rich evans in a suit? the man is classy af

it takes willpower to not go all the way to mister rich evans

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Disney dropping the "Fox" name is really kind of depressing. But hey the x-men are coming to the mcu someday so all the idiots are happy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i hope they get henry cavill to be wolverwine

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If I were on their youtube comedy programs, I would start pronouncing it Ri Chevans increasingly more and more blatantly

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

reignofevil posted:

Disney is all done with the 21st century Fox brand name and they decided 'searchlight studios' was catchier.

Fuckin' rubes.

I can't tell if you are serious.

So no more 20th century fox fanfare?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who keeps saying Rich? It's Richevans. Like Geteven

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

bring back old gbs posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1lJ0OH7.mp4

shame about the rest of the movie but this scene is so cool

my fave thing about Rogue One is how they render the star destroyers. the way the hulls bounce/absorb light so they almost look like marble.

also I think it was the first film to use rear projected space backdrops for accurate light on set during hyperspace jumps etc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
star wars was so 2019

let's talk about the good moopies in 2020

https://twitter.com/indy_scott/status/1218195754583457792

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

is everyone still high on CATS or is Dolittle genuinely this much of a PoS?

like fun PoS, not the boring one it looked like.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

I can't tell if you are serious.

So no more 20th century fox fanfare?

Okay I made some editorial errors but

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/media/disney-20th-century-fox-rebrand/index.html

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Insider scoop is that Disney+ have cancelled the Obi Wan series

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Saint Drogo posted:

im pretty sure the ol RLM Boys talk about how joyless unfunny bad comedies are in one episode

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Saint Drogo posted:

CATS was a loving trip

I would not watch it again, but I also do not regret seeing it. I've never seen anything like it.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Maybe i'm being too cynical but the "dare you to watch it" tweets from reviewers from cats and now dolittle feel really contrived. Still morbidly curious about cats tho

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:pray:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

eric ciaramella posted:

star wars was so 2019

let's talk about the good moopies in 2020

https://twitter.com/indy_scott/status/1218195754583457792

Someone in the thread asked if an industry could get dementia, and yeah, this is it. This is definitely it.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Color out of Space is fun. It's no Mandy but at least it's not storb blarps

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can Iger clean house already ffs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ijust realized, when the Gundam movie comes out the RLM boys will probably watch and review G-Saviour.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Clawtopsy posted:

im pretty sure the ol RLM Boys talk about how joyless unfunny bad comedies are in one episode

Who? Stay on topic please. This is the Star Wars megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I was watching another review on youtube on a movie and the guy said he had to re-encode the video like 20 times trying different tricks like pattern overlays, image flipping and messing with the speed etc before he got a combination that wasn't immediately taken down by the youtube bot.

This seemed odd to me since the movie it was about was from 2006.

Has RLM ever had that problem with their Re-View series? Or is there a way of getting a pass from youtube once a channel is popular enough?