Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quidditch it and quit it posted:

All this and no links? I wanna see where the penny drops.

I think it might be in a thread that is not visible now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I swear she came back briefly more recently than that?

It looks like they were perma'd and are now posting under another username and haven't been re-perma'd even after admitting they are permabaned user Avshalom...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873662&pagenumber=252&perpage=40#post501610339

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The mods are aware. She promised to stop saying she'd kill the president.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Wow, can't believe the mods aren't taking her threats to insert Trump into her pussy and absorb him seriously. SMDH

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The "what's the most traumatic thing that ever happened to you?" thread from 8 or so years also also vanished and that thing would give you nightmares.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

The Anime That Must Not Be Named has two sagas outside SA, both pretty good.

The first one, a US distributior licensed it under the name 'Nymphet', prompting the EIC of a big anime review site to call them and go "Why would you do this" and it turned out the licensor hadn't actually read it. They just saw people talking about it online and assumed it'd be a hot property. They dropped it within the week, prompting gross anime nerds everywhere to scream in anger and try to dox the EIC, who responded with "I review anime for a living, you can't embarrass me any more than I did with that statement"

The second one, a few years ago, some company did a Kickstarter for UNCUT COMPLETE RELEASE IN ENGLISH FINALLY and it made several times it's goal and all accounts indicate they didn't release anything, just took the money and ran.

Does anyone have the thread where someone said "post what's under your couch" and it turned into goons lifting their sofa like it was weight lifting?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lyrai posted:

Does anyone have the thread where someone said "post what's under your couch" and it turned into goons lifting their sofa like it was weight lifting?

Is that the one where Shine lifted their couch completely over their head?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just remembered "wake up your cat and take a picture", that was an excellent thread.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Wow, can't believe the mods aren't taking her threats to insert Trump into her pussy and absorb him seriously. SMDH

I don't think anyone would have cared nor would a perma been approved if that was all they were posting but they posted stuff like this
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834475&pagenumber=28&perpage=30#post478167507
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842199&pagenumber=16&perpage=30#post478996866
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3643009&pagenumber=316&perpage=30#post482071441

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hehehe yeah. Anyway she stopped so it's fine.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Someone killing Trump is a stupid idea anyway. Having a moist orange martyr is worse than letting the USA suffer through exactly what they deserve.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

unbirthing threats are a VERY serious matter in the united states of america

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Xarbala posted:

THIS is the future liberals want!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Xarbala posted:

Given how nuts the USA will be when his diet of meth and fast food does its thing we'll see soon enough just how serious it is.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He's actually fatty deposits in a meth matrix. As a conglomerate, strangely stable.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Dragonatrix posted:

I've been seeing these "load bearing" jokes a fair bit recently, but no idea what they're referring to. My thought is like a Groverhaus/beatmstrj kinda colossal DIY fuckup, that I just missed like a dumbass, but it's always been too recently for it to be either of those two specifically.

Maybe I'm just dense and in this case the joke is simply "radium's code is shite" though. :v:

I was trying to remember that time that the forums got completely broken, and the cause was that someone had put too many people on ignore.

I worry I may be that poster someday.

EDIT: I think the admins at the time posted a list of who had the most people on ignore as well, but I may be wrong on that. I'd love to see it again in this wonderful time of peaceful discourse.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 18, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I never ignore. I bet I have one hell of a power ratio though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I was trying to remember that time that the forums got completely broken, and the cause was that someone had put too many people on ignore.

I worry I may be that poster someday.

EDIT: I think the admins at the time posted a list of who had the most people on ignore as well, but I may be wrong on that. I'd love to see it again in this wonderful time of peaceful discourse.

Someone wrote a script to put everyone on ignore and it crashed the forums.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Inceltown posted:

Someone wrote a script to put everyone on ignore and it crashed the forums.
It was a Coupons goon, at that.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pick posted:

I never ignore. I bet I have one hell of a power ratio though.

I looked it up and you're actually more ignored than Icequeen now. You're only about 30 users behind Three Olives.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Haha nice :c00l:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I just remembered "wake up your cat and take a picture", that was an excellent thread.

Did that lead to "tong your catte"?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The number of users who have you on ignore is essentially your SA impact factor.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Pick, if you want to increase your power level I recommend taking your talents to high population boards you normally don't post in such as Game or CSPAM

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
games is pretty unrewarding to troll, cspam has a population of people who might actually kill someone irl

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

nankeen posted:

games is pretty unrewarding to troll, cspam has a population of people who might actually kill someone irl

CSPAM has at least one “threatened terrorism” perma. I’m sure there’s more but I don’t go in there and most of the hardcore CSPAMmers don’t post too much elsewhere.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
One terrorist threat?

More like one per month.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i admire pick's courage for continuing with her performance art through all the fluctuations of our time, despite online communities being a genuinely dangerous medium for women (this one less so than others, but the fear is always there)

she is the real deal. i don't even know what a deal entails in this case, but she is a real one

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quidditch it and quit it posted:

All this and no links? I wanna see where the penny drops.

The part of the original posters in eulogizing the rapist has been dramatically underestated. Here's an example

quote:

Q) What's the message in Ashley's life and death?

A) Ashley Jean Arnold was a brave, beautiful, proud transgender woman. Her light will continue to shine and her story will without a doubt result in changes to the world around us. Other trans women will be better protected due to her sacrifice. Her death will count for something. And for now, that is enough.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post442031869

It was the source of this post by Ruddha

quote:

A really long, sympathetic post, and as you read through it you gradually realize I'm describing the sadness of Hitler being forced into suicide

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 18, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

nankeen posted:

games is pretty unrewarding to troll, TFR has a population of people who might actually kill someone irl

the general advice thread had a string of posts talking about how people can learn to draw and fire faster. you know, so they can get better at killing people before they've actually processed who they're looking at.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i am beginning to love you in my heart

Ugly In The Morning posted:

CSPAM has at least one “threatened terrorism” perma. I’m sure there’s more but I don’t go in there and most of the hardcore CSPAMmers don’t post too much elsewhere.
the secret is wording. ideally we should be able to discuss positive ways forward to society in such a way as not to constitute terrorism.

to quote the examples above, the first and third quotes are not in fact a threat to trump's safety or in any way an incitement to violence. the first quote vaguely describes a webcomic that contains a depiction of trump's death. the webcomic does not exist. the third quote concerns an existing webcomic, strong female protagonist, and is a critique of the plot direction taken by that narrative, which is passive and not relevant to today's political climate; a potential storyline is suggested, but only as a hypothetical. i will argue that neither of these should have been permabans and the mods owe me twenty dollars

the second quote is, of course, a sincere direct call for trump's death, and in this case a permaban was appropriate. thank you to our brave staff for keeping our forums and democracy safe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
what a waste of username "pokemon"

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

what a waste of username "pokemon"
i was sadder to lose the old ceremony

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pentyne posted:

The part of the original posters in eulogizing the rapist has been dramatically underestated. Here's an example

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post442031869

Haha goddamn

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

some of the worst posters have had some of the best usernames

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
in my defense this was timely when i thought of it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

pentyne posted:

Oh, my bad, I assumed this thread would have been too old. I guess that's only five years though, only a year longer than Trump ago? What is time any more, we just... don't know.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pentyne posted:

Holy moly this is worse than I remembered.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Holy moly this is worse than I remembered.

It's pretty shocking. The sentiment of "people still deserve basic human rights despite their crimes" is noble but that was the absolute worst possible example to ever try to shine a spotlight on trans issues and the inability of some of those posters to not understand that is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

pentyne posted:

Oh man that's way worse than I remember too, surprised no one got probated for going to bat for a pedophile who raped their own child.