Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1216093141033504768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dang. Baylor went on the road and Beat Tech by 5, then went on the road and beat Kansas by 12 (and it wasn't close).

This is the darkest timeline.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

guess who won a big ten game, motherfuckers

take that, hoiberg, that will show you to get fired from the bulls and replaced by an incompetent bald maniac

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ohio state now tied for last in the Big Ten, all is right with the world

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Big 10 is so tough the Buckeyes are 11th nationally and 13th conferencelly.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Clemson wins at UNC for the first time ever and God is good

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this season is great, I like the unraveling of UNC, don't even hate em but the blue bloods losing is always fun

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Counterfeit
May 20, 2007
Archie Miller looks wet constantly and sucks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought Sean was the wet one

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dang. Tech is the 3rd/4th team in the Big XII this year depending on how things play out with Kansas.

Womp womp.

Maybe this gets Jahmi'us Ramsey to stay for his 2nd year? (It won't)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

incredible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers really didn't play well yesterday but they were within 3 of a decent team on the road...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

so there's been serious talk of the B1G being a 10-bid league this year, and is that at all possible?

i mean off the top of my head Mich St, Indiana, Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan are all locks, Rutgers is looking good, loving Illinois might just screw around and get a bid...who else?

(and if this means it denies us of the Four-Bid Atlantic 10 I will be angry, because it looks like it'll return to being the 3 Bid League this year with Dayton and VCU having pretty much sewn up bids)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I feel like the mid majors have just enough what I'd call political support to avoid giving that many bids to the big conferences. after all, a few of the ten teams will have losing records which invites that whole conversation and generally in the chaos year I assume we'll have deserving candidates in the lower conferences

this is the advantage of having a Byzantine selection system instead of using performance based metrics from last year to give each league its NCAA and nit tournament quotas, we get to talk about this poo poo. a quota system running throughout the season changing from week to week like the bcs would be great, though

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Troy Queef posted:

so there's been serious talk of the B1G being a 10-bid league this year, and is that at all possible?

i mean off the top of my head Mich St, Indiana, Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan are all locks, Rutgers is looking good, loving Illinois might just screw around and get a bid...who else?

(and if this means it denies us of the Four-Bid Atlantic 10 I will be angry, because it looks like it'll return to being the 3 Bid League this year with Dayton and VCU having pretty much sewn up bids)

Maryland will for sure get in, then you throw in two of Wisconsin/Purdue/Iowa if they can turn it up

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Coco13 posted:

The Big 10 is so tough the Buckeyes are 11th nationally and 13th conferencelly.

But it's pretty much all the past few weeks, where they've looked like poo poo. They're not the same team.

Troy Queef posted:

IMO every KenPom top 40 team should get a bid. Which means 12 right now, but OSU, Indiana, and PSU are trending down I think. The committee is going to struggle with teams like Purdue and Minnesota that have a lot of losses against a murderball schedule. It'll be bullshit if they end up with 8 bids or so because of WINS.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 12, 2020

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Rutgers really didn't play well yesterday but they were within 3 of a decent team on the road...

Myles Johnson got in foul trouble early. I don't understand why PSU/Wisconsin didn't try that. It worked for Illinois and MSU, and it'll be interesting to see which other teams actually bother watching tape and try it.

Given no Myles, it was actually a pretty impressive performance, albeit they blew it late, with help from some bad calls. Illinois is good though.

The +- numbers with him on or off the court must be staggering. It's a completely different team with him, albeit they're pretty locked in regardless.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bragg got caught at a DWI checkpoint at 1:45 am this morning.

He had less than 1 oz of weed on him, but refused to take a breathalyzer, so I imagine he’s done.

I feel sorry for the dude, i hope he can get some actual help.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Maryland will for sure get in, then you throw in two of Wisconsin/Purdue/Iowa if they can turn it up

Iowa would be a lock of they were doing selections today, it's less turning it up than just not collapsing down the stretch again. They're 19th in KenPom

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bragg is officially done. Weir had a no tolerance policy with him, so he’s no longer playing basketball at UNM. At least he’s getting his degree though.

Sucks, but I guess it took everything he had to stay clean for the almost two years we had him. I hope he gets help and it sucks that it didn’t work out.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/TVallese/status/1216776362368946177

Illini can't be back until they get a link that works

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
gently caress Duke

...and the NCAA too!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress DUKE

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol what a loving rollercoaster for Clemson over the last few days.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hell of a few days for Clemson.

Relatedly, the ACC is a loving mess.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

elentar posted:

Hell of a few days for Clemson.

Relatedly, the ACC is a loving mess.

VT might make the tourney :v:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

gently caress DUKE

After being out all evening covering preps, it's always nice to come to a hot dinner, a cold drink and a hearty gently caress Duke.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Holy poo poo Pitt got screwed. That's like calling PI on a hail mary.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kyle__Boone/status/1217313837160058880

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
18-0.

Two more to tie the best start in program history, the 2010-11 Kawhi Leonard team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CT2SD/status/1217666283186966528

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

a neat cape posted:

18-0.

Two more to tie the best start in program history, the 2010-11 Kawhi Leonard team.

so what you're saying is that when Kawhi Leonard is playing basketball in the state of California, SDSU is basically unstoppable

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

so what you're saying is that when Kawhi Leonard is playing basketball in the state of California, SDSU is basically unstoppable

I'm here for it.

Also this:

https://twitter.com/TheNBPA/status/1217828288409882625

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
michigan lost to iowa but it's okay because giving up all those baskets to Luka Garza was on purpose so it's like they actually won.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan had no reason to be in these last two games given how they were called. Hard to win when 23 more fouls are call on you than for you and the opposing teams shoot 40 or so more free throws.

They still played well and had a chance to win both games and probably would have if Livers had been able to play. He should be back for the Penn State game on Wednesday.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Amazing that no Michigan loss has ever been their fault. Unluckiest athletic department in all of sports

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i will admit michigan lives rent free in my head because i hate mitch mcgary to this day

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Amazing that no Michigan loss has ever been their fault. Unluckiest athletic department in all of sports

They didn’t shoot well enough to win either game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hype for Arkansas / Kentucky today. Sharkansas is back in at least some form. We have no big man but we have made it work so far. Just hope it’s a close game, I’m still not bought in 100% but Muss is the real deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

How soon we forget about the enemies of Rutgers Athletics, who are keeping the mighty Rutgers Scarlet Knights (I admit, I had to look up who/what their mascot is) from achieving their rightful place on top of college sports.