Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
1. Give as all the relevant information you can remember

This would include:

- what you remember seeing from the movie (anything and everything that you're sure of helps)

- where you watched it (TV, theater, rickety old VHS tape, etc.)

- about how long ago you saw it (few months, years etc.)

- notable characters or actors

2. Quote/Thank people if they correctly identified your movie

Thanking someone for filling your request lets everyone reading the thread know that your movie was ID'd and doesn't need continual guesses. You don't have to sit hunched over your computer, a stream of drool sliding down your chin as you mash the refresh button over and over, eagerly anticipating an answer to your question......but you get the idea.

Link to IAMFM Thread Part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Caught a movie a few years ago on Netflix that I remember enjoying, but can't remember much else. As I recall it was real weird and avant-garde, some indie thing probably, and I don't think it was an American film.

The only scene I remember clearly is the very beginning, where the main character is sitting somewhere in public (train station, maybe?) and there's a couple near him making out. And I mean they are REALLY making out, like super aggressively with lots of gross noises, and the MC is just sitting there awkwardly trying not to stare.

Also there was something about a hole in the wall (in the literal sense.)

Ring any bells?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Old 80's Conan the Barbarian style film.
A hero is tied upside down above a spike pit, and the rope is set on fire. Its some sort of test I think.
The hero escapes (I think the hero is a woman here, cant remember).
Someone is dangled up before the hero, and he fails the 'test' and you see him in the spike pit with spikes coming out of his chest.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could someone have a link put in the old thread? Took me a while to find thisone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I remember a short film I saw on IFC years and years ago about a bunch of old men hiking in some germanic speaking country and they all get stuck one by one in a bog or something and resign themselves to die. I remember liking it but not if it was actually you know good. I think it might be noregian, danish or swedish but not positive. At the end of it all the old men start singing. I think some young woman out hiking discovers them while they're all trapped waist deep or something lol.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Retro Futurist posted:

Could someone have a link put in the old thread? Took me a while to find thisone

It's in the OP.

And also here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2177344

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In, not to. I had the old thread bookmarked and it took a bit to track the new one down.

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013
I saw a movie on TV during some creature double feature in the early 80s, and it's sort of stuck with me.

It was from the 60s or 70s, with a Hammer Horror/William Castle vibe.

The scene I remember was a coven of witches with one of the witches being judged. The coven called forth the image of a woman, and as the witch was looking at it, the image turned into a skeleton (This effect was super cheesy. It was obvious that the actress playing the image was standing behind a pane of glass, and the skeleton image was just superimposed). The leader of the coven--an older man--held up a baby's shoe, and the shoe was engulfed in flames while you could hear the sounds of a baby crying (Note that the baby itself was not shown). The witch being judged began to scream, and the rest of the coven attacked her.

Any clues? TIA

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This one is "what the gently caress was the person next to me on the flight home this afternoon watching on their phone, which was on the seatback in front of them"

I believe it's netflix, because I could swear I saw the words "netflix original series" on some credits at some point. But the thing that made me actually wonder what the gently caress it was, because all the actors were generic white people looking intense, was a moment on the screen where there was nothing but the word "YOU" in all caps, in a serif font, changing color from white to a mottled blood red.

what even the gently caress is that poo poo

maybe it was a trailer? idk

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

hexwren posted:

This one is "what the gently caress was the person next to me on the flight home this afternoon watching on their phone, which was on the seatback in front of them"

I believe it's netflix, because I could swear I saw the words "netflix original series" on some credits at some point. But the thing that made me actually wonder what the gently caress it was, because all the actors were generic white people looking intense, was a moment on the screen where there was nothing but the word "YOU" in all caps, in a serif font, changing color from white to a mottled blood red.

what even the gently caress is that poo poo

maybe it was a trailer? idk

Probably the show “You”!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Probably the show “You”!

I did not know that was a thing. Thanks.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I was minding my own business around lunchtime and suddenly thought of this old Hong Kong Kung-Fu movie. I remember drat-near nothing about this one except the big fight at the end between two groups; our 'heroes' and the obvious 'villains' (as is often the case in these movies). Every time one of the heroes was killed the the screen would have an obnoxious red filter over it as they screamed their last with a dramatic close-up before they'd hit the ground hard and fast. At a guess I'd say it was late 70's fare, maybe early 80's at a push.

At first I thought it was Snake in the Eagle's Shadow but after quickly checking, that's completely wrong.

I haven't seen this movie in over 25 years and had completely forgotten about it until earlier today (god knows what jarred my memory into thinking about it), and now it's doing my head in. Please help!

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

artsy fartsy posted:

Caught a movie a few years ago on Netflix that I remember enjoying, but can't remember much else. As I recall it was real weird and avant-garde, some indie thing probably, and I don't think it was an American film.

The only scene I remember clearly is the very beginning, where the main character is sitting somewhere in public (train station, maybe?) and there's a couple near him making out. And I mean they are REALLY making out, like super aggressively with lots of gross noises, and the MC is just sitting there awkwardly trying not to stare.

Also there was something about a hole in the wall (in the literal sense.)

Ring any bells?

Sounds like the Coen Brothers segment of Paris Je T'Aime. Protagonist was Steve Buscemi.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello I have just finished watching midnight run because I thought it was the film I was looking for but I was wrong.

I am trying to recall a film that I think is about a bounty hunter bringing in a criminal who initially he dislikes but warms up to in the end. The only thing I can remember is the end I think and in which it is set on a train. The bounty hunter is on one carriage and the criminal is on the other and has just been disconnected from the trai. As the criminals carriage is moving away they look really happy jumping up and down and suddenly they are shot and the bounty hunter believes them to have died but it turns out that it is not the case a little later on and they have an argument about the ease of hitting someone moving away as a target.

I hope this hogs someone’s memory! I honestly thought it was midnight run and while I enjoyed the heck out of it, reaching the end showed me it was not the case.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Crow Enthusiast posted:

Sounds like the Coen Brothers segment of Paris Je T'Aime. Protagonist was Steve Buscemi.

I don't think this is it (I definitely would have remembered Buscemi) but I just realized you can download your Netflix history so I'm gonna see if I can somehow sift through all that.

Eta--good lord I've watched a lot of King of the Hill over the years

artsy fartsy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 26, 2020

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I feel like I saw this movie when DVD was first getting big. My memory was that it was entirely shot from security camera footage in a convenience story during a robbery-turned-hostage situation. The gimmick with it was that it used the "angle" button on the DVD remote to swap between cameras, so you could only follow certain plot lines (as they intersected, like an FMV game).

My memory says it was called "Real Time" but that's not coming up with anything.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Someone posted about this on Facebook and it's killing me because Google isn't giving me anything to go by.
Film set in the 40's-50's-60's, most likely across them due to other recollections. There's a family with 4 male children. The wife dies, and the father has to try on his own to cope with the family, but a court-appointed nanny takes the kids. He tries to fulfill what the court asked of him so that he can get his kids back, 10 years later. The oldest son is in an insane asylum, the middle two are in a special needs institution, and the youngest is in an orphanage. He starts to get the kids, but the big problem is with getting the oldest son.

Google gives me results such as Four Sons and On Our Own, but I'm getting no promising leads.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Doctor_Acula posted:

I feel like I saw this movie when DVD was first getting big. My memory was that it was entirely shot from security camera footage in a convenience story during a robbery-turned-hostage situation. The gimmick with it was that it used the "angle" button on the DVD remote to swap between cameras, so you could only follow certain plot lines (as they intersected, like an FMV game).

My memory says it was called "Real Time" but that's not coming up with anything.

Did a little Googling for “security camera convenience store movie” and got a hit for a 2007 film called Look that sounds like what you’re *ahem* looking for.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_(2007_film)

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

Did a little Googling for “security camera convenience store movie” and got a hit for a 2007 film called Look that sounds like what you’re *ahem* looking for.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_(2007_film)

I saw that when I was looking up movies using surveillance cameras. I don't think this is it, though. Then angle feature is something I distinctly remember.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Found it.

Real Time: Siege at the Lucas Street Market https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005MKN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T9jmEbVRT3Y16

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm pretty sure this is from a movie although I guess it could be from a TV show. I just saw a YT clip of it yeas ago and it feels like it was an older film from my recollection.

My memory is that it was sort of an argument about ethics and being fair. The person arguing for fair and just ethics must be a lawyer or something because somebody (a woman maybe?) says what if the Devil was here and the guy responds with basically then I would defend the Devil and see justice is done because the point is to not pre-judge somebody.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A Man for All Seasons?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Two that never got solved from the last thread:

1 - cops are questioning a guy in prison, he's been inside so long he's never seen a cigarette with a filter on it before. Also the room they're in just looks like an office rather than part of a prison, maybe?

2 - cops breach a door by sticking some kind of tactical metal bucket full of grenades to it with suction cups. It's absolutely ridiculous. Saw this late 80s or early 90s.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

TITANKISSER69 posted:

A Man for All Seasons?

That's exactly it, thank you.

I should actually watch this movie.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Hey mods, this thread needs to be pinned, and a post needs to be added to the end of the old thread linking to this one. I wasn't even aware this was here.

Also, since it's a new thread, I'll repost the most enduring mystery from the last thread. First requested a decade ago by forums user ladron, it has yet to be found.

ladron posted:

The scene I remember is some cop, a Brian Dennehey type, pulls over a couple driving a classic car. The guy driving says he did all the work on it himself. Eventually, the cop makes the guy get some grease from the car (saying "I thought you kept this car cherry, boy?") and uses it to rape the girlfriend. During, he tells the guy he can turn around, and if the gun is not pointed at him, they can go, but if it is, he will kill them both. The guy doesn't turn around (the gun is not pointed at him).

The next day or something, the couple confronts the cop at some diner.

It is not Bad Lieutenant Port of Call or Stephen King's Desperation

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

NikkolasKing posted:

That's exactly it, thank you.

I should actually watch this movie.

Yes you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2a2fAEQaGo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Origami Dali posted:

Hey mods, this thread needs to be pinned, and a post needs to be added to the end of the old thread linking to this one. I wasn't even aware this was here.

Also, since it's a new thread, I'll repost the most enduring mystery from the last thread. First requested a decade ago by forums user ladron, it has yet to be found.

Man, I knew what you were going to quote before I even read it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Oh hey, thanks for putting a link in the last thread!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I posted this in the last thread but got no answer. I saw this on TV in South Africa probably in the late 80s. It's a colour film, contemporary. Two boys are orphaned. The state has no idea what to do with them so they are sent to a youth correctional facility. It's hellish. At night the bad kids slide on on their backs along the floor to rape/beat other kids, pulling themselves along using the metal bars under the beds. One morning one kid won't get up. A guard comes to investigate. When he pulls the sheet off we see that the mattress is soaked in blood. As a young teenager (maybe even younger) this film REALLY freaked me out.

I've got another that I saw probably around 1985. May be Escape from the Bronx? It's post-apocalyptic. Groups of soldiers dressed in silver full-body outfits are flushing people from apartments with flamethrowers. Again, freaked me out. I was too young to see that. (I blame the friend who's parents owned a video shop).

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

therattle posted:

I've got another that I saw probably around 1985. May be Escape from the Bronx? It's post-apocalyptic. Groups of soldiers dressed in silver full-body outfits are flushing people from apartments with flamethrowers. Again, freaked me out. I was too young to see that. (I blame the friend who's parents owned a video shop).

It's called Escape 2000. But it should be called LEAVE THE BRONX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8SvVoo3P8

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Crow Enthusiast posted:

It's called Escape 2000. But it should be called LEAVE THE BRONX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8SvVoo3P8

That’s it! Thanks. It really stuck with me, and not in a good way!

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

therattle posted:

I posted this in the last thread but got no answer. I saw this on TV in South Africa probably in the late 80s. It's a colour film, contemporary. Two boys are orphaned. The state has no idea what to do with them so they are sent to a youth correctional facility. It's hellish. At night the bad kids slide on on their backs along the floor to rape/beat other kids, pulling themselves along using the metal bars under the beds. One morning one kid won't get up. A guard comes to investigate. When he pulls the sheet off we see that the mattress is soaked in blood. As a young teenager (maybe even younger) this film REALLY freaked me out.

Long shot but maybe this:

Scum 1979
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079871/?ref_=tt_ch

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Thanks but that's not it. I am pretty sure mine was a US film. I should have said.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Hello I have just finished watching midnight run because I thought it was the film I was looking for but I was wrong.

I am trying to recall a film that I think is about a bounty hunter bringing in a criminal who initially he dislikes but warms up to in the end. The only thing I can remember is the end I think and in which it is set on a train. The bounty hunter is on one carriage and the criminal is on the other and has just been disconnected from the trai. As the criminals carriage is moving away they look really happy jumping up and down and suddenly they are shot and the bounty hunter believes them to have died but it turns out that it is not the case a little later on and they have an argument about the ease of hitting someone moving away as a target.

I hope this hogs someone’s memory! I honestly thought it was midnight run and while I enjoyed the heck out of it, reaching the end showed me it was not the case.

I seem to remember 3.10 to Yuma ends with a rush to a train and is about a lawman and a criminal. I can't distinguish in my mind between the original and the remake

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

sigher posted:

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.

Time Trap?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

sigher posted:

Pandorum?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

sigher posted:

Eden Log?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, I believe this is it. Thanks! It's funny because I love Pandorum and first thought it was that when I rewatched it a while back but quickly went, "No, this is the Dennis Quaid one." And I recently just saw Time Trap on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

donquixotic posted:

I seem to remember 3.10 to Yuma ends with a rush to a train and is about a lawman and a criminal. I can't distinguish in my mind between the original and the remake

Ah I just checked I have not seen either, but the film is too old and not a western. I am fairly sure it was an 80s/very early 90s movie, which is why I thought it was Midnight Run. I think the main characters are a fugitive and a cop and the whole moment is due to the cop letting the fugitive go. I am hoping it is not some strange mishmashed memory of other films.