Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Krankenstyle posted:

it'd be pretty neat if someone made a web player for hypercard stacks. I still have a pile of stuff I made going back to ~1990. Games, animations, an M:tG card database

https://blog.archive.org/2017/08/11/hypercard-on-the-archive-celebrating-30-years-of-hypercard/

There you go. Includes a link so you can upload all your old stacks.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The typical plot structure involved both a good and bad guy wanting a girl, conflict ensuing, and the good guy ultimately triumphing to win the girl, making all (except the bad guy) happy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Antivehicular posted:

The typical plot structure involved both a good and bad guy wanting a girl, conflict ensuing, and the good guy ultimately triumphing to win the girl, making all (except the bad guy) happy.

popeye?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Octopuses appear in Japanese erotic art, shunga. They are eaten and considered a delicacy by humans in many parts of the world, especially the Mediterranean and the Asian seas.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

a human being decided it was useful to do this. I think I am happy not knowing why.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

so uh do words work differently in latin or something? it is inconceivable to me that the kind of people who make lists of latin words categorized by number of syllables aren't aware of the difference between a word and a phrase

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so uh do words work differently in latin or something? it is inconceivable to me that the kind of people who make lists of latin words categorized by number of syllables aren't aware of the difference between a word and a phrase
it's wiktionary so my guess is that it's just some bot automatically sorting pages and assuming that anything with an entry is a "word"

that page is also in the category "latin phrases"

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 13, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's wiktionary so my guess is that it's just some bot automatically sorting pages and assuming that anything with an entry is a "word"

that page is also in the category "latin phrases"

ok but i also find it inconceivable that the kind of people who write syllable-counting wiktionary bots would let it assume that anything with an entry is a "word"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i studied latin in high school and can tell you for a fact that words are words and phrases are phrases

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i studied latin in high school and can tell you for a fact that words are words and phrases are phrases

sorry, you're gonna have to cite a source for this, i don't accept original research

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyah_nyah_nyah_nyah_nyah_nyah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Detachable Penis" has been subject to a wide array of misinterpretations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the story being that Edward Ellington Humphrey III, former lead singer of "Smooth Eddie and the Humpers," had become a rapper after burning his nose in a kitchen accident with a deep-fryer. Because of the "accident", the character is seen wearing a large nose disguise.[7]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

due to contractual restrictions he was replaced by Paul Westerberg from the Replacements.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theflyingexecutive posted:

due to contractual restrictions he was replaced by Paul Westerberg from the Replacements.

:aaaaa:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Geraldo Rivera Impression - When there's a news story or any reference to news personality Geraldo Rivera, Conan often places his index finger across his upper lip, denoting a mustache.

Tom Selleck Impression - Similar to the Geraldo Rivera impression except Conan places two fingers across his upper lip to convey a thicker mustache.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pls don't masticate in the 'pos

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My Brother, My Brother and Me (often abbreviated as MBMBaM, pronounced /məˈbɪmbæm/ (About this soundlisten))

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

attn: wikipedia, please do not post my taxonomical name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissosteira_longipennis

anyway,

quote:

one famous sighting in 1875 estimated at 198,000 square miles (510,000 km2) in size (greater than the area of California), weighing 27.5 million tons and consisting of some 12.5 trillion insects, the greatest concentration of animals ever speculatively guessed, according to Guinness World Records.[4]

i am hereby speculating that there must be 15 trillion tiny ants in, let's say, yosemite national park. where's my record

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 18, 2020

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Note the species of locust in that swarm is now completwly extinct.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The special features includes a behind-the-scenes footage, deleted scenes, and the Baha Men music video "Holla!".

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The third film in the series finds McDull and his friends satirically exploring different roles in society.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The bikini was a hit, especially among men,

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

pre:
Red body 		White arms[36] 	Characteristics Maker and Senography
	Purple body 		White arms[36] 	Entrepreneur 

White 	Sexmästeriet
	Red 	FästING
	Blue 	7k
	Green 	Otyg
	Yellow 	Svina
	Purple 	Depom
	Black 	Klemming

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The 64-page manuscript appears to have originally had at least 66 pages, two of which are now missing. If the text did at one time continue past the 66th page, these additional pages are also lost. As it stands, the narrative contains two gaps and comes to an abrupt end.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

the definition of a "word" in spoken language is actually surprisingly fuzzy, and Classic Latin was typically written in scriptio continua with the reader inserting pauses at places dictated more by rhythm than by where they appear in normal speech. "si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more; si fueris alibi, vivito sicut ibi" definitely isn't a word, but i wouldn't be surprised if there's something which does behave as a word which is written with a space in it in the writing style chosen by wikionary.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Despite the fact that the film employed the use of numerous extensive special effects, it failed to garner any award nominations from mainstream motion picture organizations for its production merits.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
In Australian states where the cane toad is common, some "sports" have developed, such as cane toad golf and cane toad cricket, where cane toads are used as balls.

:(

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HpG7Nx7fA

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

goblin week posted:

In Australian states where the cane toad is common, some "sports" have developed, such as cane toad golf and cane toad cricket, where cane toads are used as balls.

:(

oh so australias the flintstones but with normal cars

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

In 2008, a rabbinical ruling determined that giraffes and their milk are eligible to be considered kosher. The giraffe has both split hooves and chews its cud, characteristics of animals considered kosher. Findings from 2008 show that giraffe milk curdles, meeting kosher standards. Although kosher, the giraffe is not slaughtered today because the process would be very costly. Giraffes are difficult to restrain, and their use for food could cause the species to become endangered.[38][39][40]

While the rules of abstinence generally only allow seafood, there are a few exceptions. In parts of South America, especially in Venezuela, capybara meat is popular during Lent and Holy Week; in response to a question posed by French settlers in Quebec in the 17th century, beaver was classified as an exception;[14][15][16] and the Archbishop of New Orleans said that "alligator is considered in the fish family" in 2010.[17][18] The legal basis for the classification of beaver as fish probably rests with the Summa Theologica of Thomas Aquinas, which bases animal classification as much on habit as anatomy.[19]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Plorkyeran posted:

the definition of a "word" in spoken language is actually surprisingly fuzzy, and Classic Latin was typically written in scriptio continua with the reader inserting pauses at places dictated more by rhythm than by where they appear in normal speech. "si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more; si fueris alibi, vivito sicut ibi" definitely isn't a word, but i wouldn't be surprised if there's something which does behave as a word which is written with a space in it in the writing style chosen by wikionary.

is "source your quotes" a word

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

While the rules of abstinence generally only allow seafood, there are a few exceptions. In parts of South America, especially in Venezuela, capybara meat is popular during Lent and Holy Week; in response to a question posed by French settlers in Quebec in the 17th century, beaver was classified as an exception;[14][15][16] and the Archbishop of New Orleans said that "alligator is considered in the fish family" in 2010.[17][18] The legal basis for the classification of beaver as fish probably rests with the Summa Theologica of Thomas Aquinas, which bases animal classification as much on habit as anatomy.[19]

i grew up old school religious and was basically vegan for lent

i always thought it was weird that i could eat shellfish because they were rocks or something but wine and oil weren’t allowed because they were kept in animal skins

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
For a constipolitan, use prune juice in place of cranberry juice.[25]

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
in 2008 i was trying to get a metamucil + vodka = The John McCain trend started but nobody hopped on that train but me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
does it still turn into thick cum if you don't immediately pound it back when you mix it with vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

George posted:

i always thought it was weird that i could eat shellfish because they were rocks or something but wine and oil weren’t allowed because they were kept in animal skins
yosrule 28