Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/keroberrycola/status/1218047721061437440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i haven't played x8 in a hundred years and i can still hear this in Bamboo's slow papa bear voice

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else reading Spider-Man Fake Red?

Poor Yu does not have luck with girls. :v:

Aurora posted:

her name is saber and you should respect her

Sei-ba.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cuntellectual posted:

Yeah, I'm quite liking it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aurora posted:

her name is saber and you should respect her

This, I can never do.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

betrayal

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Cuntellectual posted:

Poor Yu does not have luck with girls. :v:

It's real good, I like it.
Also, I like how that turned out. It's like, yay, I made a real good friend! :D
And he's so happy about it.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 17, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol mega man x8 sure becomes insanely easier if you get the d glaive, and zero becomes the most overpowered character, again

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/suzushiro333/status/1218173291287867392

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Yeah, it's a really great moment. That manga is way better than it has any right to be. That said, I get the impression we are very quickly heading towards the conclusion. The romance subplot has been resolved and Peter's been "found", so it seems like all that could really be left is the climax and resolution. It's probably for the best, as I don't think this is a premise that should be dragged out and this seems like a natural place for the climax and final act to begin. Of course, this is still a Marvel story, so who knows what wacky bullshit might happen!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat mega man x8

ive beatne all mainline numbered mega man x games

im an x champion

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i beat mega man x8

im an x champion

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

i beat mega man x8

im an x champion

How do you feel about X-Treme 1&2

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

The Colonel posted:

i beat mega man x8

im an x champion

I have also done this. What did you think of X8? I thought it wasn't that bad.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't posted music in here for awhile. So here's some Magma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfprrYtvzRI

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBI1EL6G5vY

My autoplay played the idol version of this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

How do you feel about X-Treme 1&2

those are side games so i'm gonna play them later this year

CubeTheory posted:

I have also done this. What did you think of X8? I thought it wasn't that bad.

some of the stage gimmicks are really annoying but i had fun with it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the Zero games a lot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
comparing x to zero isn't fair cause x only has two of the best mega man games ever made and zero has three of the best action games ever made

i like that x8 obviously took a couple notes from zero cause the dash physics are way closer to zero than to x and zero himself has a handful of new weapons

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zero's extra weapons in X8 are a neat idea, particularly the one that gives him Street Fighter moves, but they all pale next to the glaive and post game weapon.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

The Colonel posted:

i beat mega man x8

im an x champion

Oh hey, currently doing the same thing but with the added compulsion to get all the trophies in the PS4 releases because for some reason platinum trophies are too enticing to pass up. Just started X8 and admittedly took longer to get there because for the bad end run of X5 I decided to do a dumb thing and armorless buster duel every boss in the game.

Also hella excited for the Zero/ZX collection because while I do enjoy the Zero games the ZX's clicked with me on a whole different level and are right next to X1 and X2 in terms of favorite platformers.

EDIT: Realest question actually is where the HD port of Command Mission is though.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 18, 2020

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The early zero games were pretty rough, like how the first one was balanced around using a lot of cyber elves but then the game lowered your rank and called you a murderer if you used them, but I can forgive a lot when the movement and slashing feel as good as they do.

I remember when Command Mission came out it wasn't received particularly well but these days I hear a lot of good things about it. Is it worth checking out as someone who likes turn-based RPGs but gets easily annoyed if they're too slow or simple?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Colonel posted:

i beat mega man x8

im an x champion
something that might pique your interest, if it ever comes out. there's a dude in the Philippines who has been working on a from-scratch metroidvania megaman x game in the X1/X2/X3 snes style for the last decade+. It's sonic mania-ish in the way that it emulates the style of the original but looks way better and plays largely the same, just has more mechanics and different boss difficulty levels, he even "emulates" the slowdown effect from too much poo poo onscreen at times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpO0baCAsUU&hd=1&t=411s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOWuRZkQbJI&hd=1

he's even remaking some of the old mavericks and downgrading them from 32-bit to 16-bit(where applicable) and giving them new moves and animations too, like giving 16-bit magma dragoon a tatsumaki senpukyaku and akuma's raging demon as a finisher when you're at low health
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXdjPcrz08&hd=1&t=93s

we will never actually get it because capcom will probably kill it before he releases it since we live in an unjust world, but ideally they would see how much money they could make from buying a basically complete product and just sell the finished product, if they could somehow work it out. or maybe he just gets to release it unchallenged, if we're lucky

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I didn't really like the Arifureta anime, and never read the manga or LN, but a friend told me to listen to the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4g3yAG0m_U

drat does it have some fire tracks. :stwoon:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And then immediately wonders if he's just trying to soften the blow!

It's a good development, I just feel bad for him. :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

I remember when Command Mission came out it wasn't received particularly well but these days I hear a lot of good things about it. Is it worth checking out as someone who likes turn-based RPGs but gets easily annoyed if they're too slow or simple?

did you ever like breath of fire? because there's some shared developers on that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Command Mission is not a super deep game and the story is exactly what you'd expect from a Mega Man X RPG, but the combat is snappy and has some neat ideas, character designs and music are good, and the game looks really good emulated. Cinnamon also completely breaks the game.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phantasium posted:

did you ever like breath of fire? because there's some shared developers on that.
After 2002, I don't think I've played either a Breath of Fire or a Final Fantasy game and frankly, maybe I should reconsider.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Cuntellectual posted:

I didn't really like the Arifureta anime, and never read the manga or LN, but a friend told me to listen to the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4g3yAG0m_U

drat does it have some fire tracks. :stwoon:

Nice track, thanks for the rec!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

After 2002, I don't think I've played either a Breath of Fire or a Final Fantasy game and frankly, maybe I should reconsider.

Start with FFXIV. :unsmigghh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1218616641061367812

They're doing so much for the anniversary please let me dream of a new season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

play the first half of FFXV it's a lot of fun
then play the back half and crush your soul

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wark Say posted:

one of the party members in BoF4 is a dog man who uses iaijutsu and is drunk all the time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I should play some.more Breath of.Fire games, I enjoyed 2 immensely back in the day

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I should play some.more Breath of.Fire games, I enjoyed 2 immensely back in the day

I loved BoF3...Dunno how well it holds up these days though. Everyone seems to really love 4 but I never played it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Non-human parties are cool and more games should use them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BoF 4 had a good story and art style, but I liked BoF 3's dragon gene system better.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1218616641061367812

They're doing so much for the anniversary please let me dream of a new season.

I'm with you, friend. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

every breath of fire game is cool in its own way.

even the first, mostly generic rpg even for it's time, has cool poo poo like stopping the evil dragon people from using their earthquake machine, or sacrificing golems in volcanos to make land bridges, or a boss that starts as a pixelated vagina dick monster that you beat in a dream