Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

Shout out to the kirkland merino wool blend socks, they are loving great for keeping my feet nice and cosy in lovely winter weather. drat I love them.

Those Smartwool-knockoff socks are an amazing value. The branded versions are like $15-$30 per pair. Kirkland brand is less than $20 for 6 pairs. I do wish they had a little more spandex in the blend though. A little goes a long way but 1% isn't much. They sure are a whole helluva lot more comfortable than the wool socks of my youth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

priznat posted:

A coworker was saying how his roommate bought a snowblower to clear their driveway from costco and will return it tomorrow.. A shameful story compounded by I don't think I've ever even seen a snowblower for sale at Vancouver area costcos so was probably a flat out lie anyway.

report him to the authorities

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Suxpool posted:

report him to the authorities

That’s why I posted it here!!!1

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pick posted:

I got a rotisserie chicken today, and I'll stand by the stance that they're not that great but they're a loving great value.

I feel like Costco rotisserie chickens are basically the same as just about every other rotisserie chicken I've ever had. Which is to say totally fine but nothing special.

priznat posted:

A coworker was saying how his roommate bought a snowblower to clear their driveway from costco and will return it tomorrow.. A shameful story compounded by I don't think I've ever even seen a snowblower for sale at Vancouver area costcos so was probably a flat out lie anyway.

That seems like a whole lot of effort and hassle to do something that'll take ten minutes with a shovel. Unless they have a manor estate with a mile long driveway and in that case, why wouldn't you just keep it?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Barry posted:

That seems like a whole lot of effort and hassle to do something that'll take ten minutes with a shovel. Unless they have a manor estate with a mile long driveway and in that case, why wouldn't you just keep it?

As a lifetime city kid up until a few years ago, I said the same thing until the first time I had to shovel a suburban driveway by hand.

Anything more than an inch or two will take up your whole afternoon. Then you'll die of a heart attack because of your sedentary goon body isn't used to being used.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Oh I'm well aware of how great a snowblower is and had to do my share of suburban driveways by hand growing up. I just don't understand why you'd go through all that trouble to do it once. If it rarely snows, just shovel by hand. If you need a snowblower, buy a snowblower and keep it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Barry posted:

Oh I'm well aware of how great a snowblower is and had to do my share of suburban driveways by hand growing up. I just don't understand why you'd go through all that trouble to do it once. If it rarely snows, just shovel by hand. If you need a snowblower, buy a snowblower and keep it.

That much I agree with.

My wife's family all live within fairly close of one another so they all chipped in to buy a super good snowblower. Which is as dumb as it sounds, because whoever has custody of the snowblower at that point is the only one who gets their driveway cleared within a reasonable amount of time and I'm always stuck shoveling by hand.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I've only returned twice, and both were within a week.

The first was a bag of sweet potatoes that I didn't notice had a dead potato on the bottom and was dripping sweet potato grossness. I didn't notice until I got home and it ran all over my counters.

The second was an unopened bag of finlandia cheese slices that grew mold in three days.

Eat your cheese faster nerd. Don't even give it a chance to mold. Standing over the sink, bag in hand.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Flaggy posted:

Eat your cheese faster nerd. Don't even give it a chance to mold. Standing over the sink, bag in hand.

c'mon dad my farts stink bad enough as it is. The bag was still sealed too.

I don't even like the finlandia slices that much, I bought it for my in-laws

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

rotisserie chickens are the bomb too if you just want to strip them and fill up some some tupperware and have delicious sandwich meat for a week. Plus you can make decent stock with whatever is left over.

I kept an eye out for the Bitchin' sauce last church trip, but no luck. Whereabouts in the store does one find it?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Things to put Bitchin' Sauce on:

GO

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

GORDON posted:

GO

Why am i putting it on a game?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Trastion posted:

Why am i putting it on a game?

Legit thought until like a few years ago Othello and Go were the same thing, just Othello was like branded?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Noslo posted:

rotisserie chickens are the bomb too if you just want to strip them and fill up some some tupperware and have delicious sandwich meat for a week. Plus you can make decent stock with whatever is left over.

I kept an eye out for the Bitchin' sauce last church trip, but no luck. Whereabouts in the store does one find it?

it's with the hummus, guacamole, and spinach dip in the refrigerated aisles

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's with the hummus, guacamole, and spinach dip in the refrigerated aisles

drat, that's what I figured. I guess I'll have to wait and pray.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The chicken salad they make with the rotisserie chicken pairs nicely with a huge box of croissants from the bakery. It's a great way to feed a lot of people fast, cheap, and well.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Noslo posted:

drat, that's what I figured. I guess I'll have to wait and pray.

I am in the same boat; after having lunch at the church a block from my workplace, I cased the joint for the sauce with no luck. Guess I’ll just eat wormshummus.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

GORDON posted:

GO

I am still a fledgling in my Bitchin' Sauce career so have really only put it on toast at this point but it performs more than admirably at that job.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I'm putting The Sauce on my veggie burgs and it's great

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If a button falls off a piece of clothing I either try to fix it myself or better yet have my sister do it. She's good with that type of stuff.

Honestly, me too, I have a pack of jean-style rivet buttons, but this one tore out from the fabric and left too large a hole. I could have, I guess, moved the button further "in" on the waist, but I've done that with an older pair once and it messes up the zipper since it moves the top too far over.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The Sauce is excellent with vegetable platters

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

GORDON posted:

GO

Roasted veggies. Dipping roasted broccoli in it is my favorite. Yummy lazy dinner along with a rotisserie chicken.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco has only been carrying the bitchin' sauce for like a month or two, but they seem to be selling it faster than they can get it in. Usually there's like a 5 day period between when they sell out and when they get another shipment in. So if your Costco doesn't have the sauce maybe check back a few days later and they might have it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco has only been carrying the bitchin' sauce for like a month or two, but they seem to be selling it faster than they can get it in. Usually there's like a 5 day period between when they sell out and when they get another shipment in. So if your Costco doesn't have the sauce maybe check back a few days later and they might have it.

Well when a tiny 6oz container is $5.99 at Whole Foods vs a 2 lb container at $6.99 at Costco is like no brainer and such an insane deal

I really wish their msrp for smaller ones was a lot more reasonable becaus they have like 6 flavors but gently caress I ain’t paying that price to try them esp knowing it exists for that Costco price per oz

But yeah chalk me up to Costco being out of them for the last 6 months. They had em for a month or 2 over the summer and haven’t even seen a spot for it. Either I’m missing them or they currently aren’t stocking them at my Richmond Costco

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011
My three year old has been indoctrinated to Costco already. Last two times we went he pretty much demanded a smiley face on the receipt by the checkers at the exit. Then tonight at a grocery store he got upset when the cashier circled something on the receipt and it wasn't a smiley face. Full on toddler tantrum followed. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jolly Guy posted:

My three year old has been indoctrinated to Costco already. Last two times we went he pretty much demanded a smiley face on the receipt by the checkers at the exit. Then tonight at a grocery store he got upset when the cashier circled something on the receipt and it wasn't a smiley face. Full on toddler tantrum followed. PBUC.

My 3 year old regularly asks to go to Costco for dinner to get a hotdog.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just posting to say Costco's broccoli cheddar soup is Quite Good (tm).

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bitchin' Sauce + Rotisserie Chicken

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I almost got a rotisserie chicken, but feel like it’s safer to skip the cart so I’m not tempted to buy a ton of extra stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pick posted:

I got a rotisserie chicken today, and I'll stand by the stance that they're not that great but they're a loving great value.
they're better than the safeway/whole foods rotiss chicken that i've got, both of which being horrible. costco's is nice and juicy (probably the saline injections), but yeah it's not that they're great, it's that it's 5 loving dollars, holy poo poo you can't even get a latte for that price.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What do you guys do with your rotisserie chickens? I'm a sad lonely goon and I'm not sure what I'd do with it. I mean, I'd probably just start tearing pieces off and shoving them in my mouth hole but it'd be nice to have a plan with the leftovers or something. If there are any.

They look so drat good.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Put chicken on a tortilla with some other things that you like.

Make a chicken sandwich.

Dice the chicken, mix up some bbq sauce, and make bbq chicken sandwiches.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Carve what you can off of it then go to town on it with a couple forks to strip as much meat off as possible.

Optionally after that toss the carcass in an instant pot to get some bad rear end stock.

One thing I like to make is using the porridge setting on my rice cooker using the stock and chicken chunks for congee.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

1. Lie down on couch
2. Turn on TV
3. Place chicken on belly
4. Enjoy chicken and television together

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

What do you guys do with your rotisserie chickens? I'm a sad lonely goon and I'm not sure what I'd do with it. I mean, I'd probably just start tearing pieces off and shoving them in my mouth hole but it'd be nice to have a plan with the leftovers or something. If there are any.

They look so drat good.

i mean thats all you do, tear it off, eat it.

i do recommend carving it up the day of purchase because it gets pretty slimy and offputting when left in the fridge for more than a day. and yeah making stock with whatever is left

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I've put Costco rotisserie chicken in:

Salads
Chicken Salad
Wraps
Chicken Tortellini Spinach Soup

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The closest I’ve ever come to going vegan was when I saw someone fumble one of those chickens so hard that it popped out and pinballed back and forth along the belt at the checkout.

It’s like, that chicken lived and died to be a slapstick moment and then thrown in the trash.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fake James posted:

Salads
Chicken Salad
Wraps

enchiladas my guy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fake James posted:

Salads
Chicken Salad
Wraps

Gonna make that soup. Thanks for the recipe goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

They look so drat good.

An extremely low effort meal is rotisserie chicken + pesto + pasta (or Banza)