Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

apple hardware is higher quality than pc hardware of equivalent specifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

apple hardware is higher quality than pc hardware of equivalent specifications

a mac must be running that site because it's returning a 502 bad gateway error

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Second day in a row, weather cities all replaced by “Bunkyo-ku”, this is going to get tedious quick.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
it's a sign, get on a plane and head to bunkyo-ku

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

MrMoo posted:

Second day in a row, weather cities all replaced by “Bunkyo-ku”, this is going to get tedious quick.

is there some numerical significance to this locale? like does it have postal code 000001 or something?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

112-0000 apparently, also 20 other codes including 113-0000, idk :shrug:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MrMoo posted:

you're clearly in the wrong place and need to follow the guidance and wisdom of tim

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

macs may be getting basic power/performance management features soon

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
wow! timb invented power managemnt profiles?

incredible. resolutionary. bold.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you're clearly in the wrong place and need to follow the guidance and wisdom of tim

this is how the authoritarian nwo will let people know where to report for theit new population assignments

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

infernal machines posted:

wow! timb invented power managemnt profiles?

incredible. resolutionary. bold.

we think you're really going to like it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that sounds vaguely threatening.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

im having problems as well, gonna try repasting cos afaik these had issues with bad paste.

i repasted my mbp rev a when i swapped a noisy fan and it dropped about 5c at least on average lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i never did my mba 2012 but maybe i should if only due to the age and the likely need for a dusting

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the how-to-use-it introductory video for the 2011 ipad 2 was narrated by....rihanna?

https://www.applearchive.org/2011-feed/ipad-2-guided-tours

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
sure macs are more expensive but you get more thermal paste so its fair

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's loaded with pursestrain silver!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Arctic Silver, the most valuable of the silvers!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

sure macs are more expensive but you get more thermal paste so its fair
a predilection for eating thermal paste would go a long way towards explaining apples recent run of design decisions

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

a brand new phone has a good battery?! :monocle:

yes and it's good. thank's

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Roosevelt posted:

one of these bazillionaires needs to buy the property out from under trump tower and just evict his rear end

rixh people have class solidarity

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bump_fn posted:

rixh people have class solidarity

thats why he wants to lie his way into their social circles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

can i as an administrator unlock a users keychain?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

and if not, how the hell do i make cmd-K "go to server" just use the goddamn saved password instead of asking for an account

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

make a new keychain, right click and make it default, you should be able to save the password upon connecting to the share

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

if you're asking how to unlock someone else's keychain, you should probably see if their are any FBI goons that can help you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i mean im trying to connect from my parents computer to an afp share on their network, and i can see in the keychain that there is a saved password but i dont know how to use that password to make the connection

if i go to afp://Machine.local/ (same as shown in the keychain), it asks me whether i want to be guest or a registered user, but i dont see a way to use the saved one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im in dire straits man

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Krankenstyle posted:

im in dire straits man

you need help from the sultans of swing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i wonder if mark knopfler has a helpdesk line

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i want my
i want my
i want my time machine

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

seriously augh

i have a bunch of stuff synced w resilio between my home computer and my parents computer in a different city. their time machine backs it up on a synology.

this setup has worked fine for ages, but i was moving stuff around like a big fat idiot while creating new resilio sync folders and now some of my stuff is just empty folders. gently caress!

my parents are in sri lanka so i call my sister who lives a couple blocks from them & is watching their cats. she gets teamviewer running & im now on their desktop

i stop time machine so it doesnt accidentally punt my stuff & i can see it should all be there in the oldest backups. great!

i go to mount time machine so i can rsync from it directly (folders are 100s of gigs so lol doing it in the interface), but i cant remember the password to the time machine share.

my sister looks for my parents' little black book of passwords but they took it with them to sri lanka so i text them

they call me and we try everything we can think of but no passwords are working for anything because the little black book is badly outdated and my brother's and my handwriting are terrible and also my parents are old af and nobody remembers whether the passwords are under i for icloud or whatever the gently caress

i cant unlock the keychain, i cant log into the synology admin account, i cant mount the time machine share because i dont know any passwords!!!!

god fuckin damnit this is so stupid

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like siri lanka

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol :argh:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stop trying to hack your family pcs, op

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

stop trying to hack your family pcs, op

im actually their (incompetent) sysadmin, so its legal

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i hope my thoughts and prayers help op

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao jfc

i went to do some shopping & the teamviewer connection timed out

of course i did not write down the password and my sister went home

rofl :shepface:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you are very definitely holding it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

you are very definitely holding it wrong

i know :eng99: