Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Does anyone remember an ancient thread where three or four British guys liveposted their acid trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Kind of sad that it didn’t stop the conversation at all.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Azure Horizon was the first time I'd really seen a Goon who's posting I was very familiar with just self sabotage in some random thread like that. I usually read about people in threads like this months or years later, but AH was right there. And it was such a horrible thing to even cop to. Like he was so far up his own rear end that saying he raped his friends didn't even register to him as a hosed up thing to admit to.

I'm also glad his LPs got deleted from the LP Archive

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What LP did he do?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Azure Horizon was the first time I'd really seen a Goon who's posting I was very familiar with just self sabotage in some random thread like that. I usually read about people in threads like this months or years later, but AH was right there. And it was such a horrible thing to even cop to. Like he was so far up his own rear end that saying he raped his friends didn't even register to him as a hosed up thing to admit to.

I'm also glad his LPs got deleted from the LP Archive

Actually, good idea. What other goons basically nuked themselves with a single post or ended up making something so bad it followed them forever?

Morally Inept- the dog fucker, then tried to make it his gimmick

Landerig- posting that SA alignment chart

Tokarii- full throated defense of men having sex with young teens for some weirdo biotruths reason burned all cred he had as a old time Chicago cop with funny stories (that in retrospect were basically admissions of serious civil rights violations)

I know a few others, guy who hated his son and kept loving the kids babysitter and was a "tough love i don't baby them" rear end in a top hat

Zaurg- really just a flaming tire fire of a human

Brother Jonathon - I can't remember what but it was around the same time that everyone was posting "nig nog need a hand breezy" to mock him and something about trains

Shadowcatboy - semi big time LP, I heard it all second hand but some weird furry poo poo?

Louisgod - the fatty jerky comments

EPW - the self published erotica

Aatrek - duh

Hondarider27 - rehab is garbage just do lsd instead

Three Olives- his goddamn keurig machine, eating crustables, getting super mad about the poors loitering near his condo building

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
axemaniac and the toilet transformation fanart

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Microwave

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

I know a few others, guy who hated his son and kept loving the kids babysitter and was a "tough love i don't baby them" rear end in a top hat

LLJKSilk, right?

I don’t think BrotherJohnathon had one post that made people turn on him. He had a very boring moderation style in PYF and would come down on “derails” that were really just people talking about the topic at hand.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
the shrimp guy, of course 🍤

ruddha is sadly known outside of SA solely for his horse posts, it seems

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've been shining the ruddha signal into the sky for years now, knowing he's looking, but he's never answered the call.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah Ruddha was cool.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Iibbmm (??) - stole from his kids' piggybank to pay for Dumb Nerd poo poo like a WoW expansion, racist against neighbors parking too close to his carmobile, banned because he was an asswipe in AI for ages and then posted "check out my sweet black and white crown vic with illegal lightbars and also my post about pulling people over for lols oh poo poo the cops came to visit me help"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I miss Ruddah :smith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I liked Ruddah but where ever they went a bunch of people trying to copy his writing style would follow. That part was a pain.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Caro doesn't really hit that definition, but he's the only one that I was actively following when it became apparent something was very wrong. He was posting a lot in GiP at the time (I'm pretty sure, obviously my memory of what forums had what threads isn't the best) and people were kind of egging him on. I was laughing along too because he was a weird dude and then he suddenly made a post about how some local dentist (doctor?) was trying to blind him with a laser and went from "haha this dude is weird" to "oh, this dude is actually, seriously mentally ill" in one post.

Ever since I've referred to that moment of realization as "crossing the Caro line."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Moon Slayer posted:

Caro doesn't really hit that definition, but he's the only one that I was actively following when it became apparent something was very wrong. He was posting a lot in GiP at the time (I'm pretty sure, obviously my memory of what forums had what threads isn't the best) and people were kind of egging him on. I was laughing along too because he was a weird dude and then he suddenly made a post about how some local dentist (doctor?) was trying to blind him with a laser and went from "haha this dude is weird" to "oh, this dude is actually, seriously mentally ill" in one post.

Ever since I've referred to that moment of realization as "crossing the Caro line."

I remember he used to post in either the GiP chat thread or the cop thread about wanting to box one of the cops from the forum. AFAIK he had no actual knowledge of boxing.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I believe shadowcatboy was getting people to go to his private discord and then spamming beastiality pictures at them. Could have misunderstood though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who was the guy who said he looked like Brock Sampson from Venture Bros but with an eyepatch? He posted a lot in GBS about his (step?)son who was a juvenile delinquent and trying to help him. I'm guessing it ended up all being bullshit

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I believe shadowcatboy was getting people to go to his private discord and then spamming beastiality pictures at them. Could have misunderstood though.

He was specifically posting his discord link in reply to people wanting the fabgoon discord in the fabgoon thread, and bringing them to a place of (for sure) beastiality/sadism and (maybe?) underaged beastiality/sadism, amd when fabgoons asked bobby to maybe stop him from posting that link in the thread she had a meltdown about offsite drama and those people

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, the_white_crane is THE small pastry guy.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Wait hold the loving phone Three Olives eats crustables? HOLY poo poo
I know it's meaningless but this destroys all his fake high society gay cred

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Who What Now posted:

Who was the guy who said he looked like Brock Sampson from Venture Bros but with an eyepatch? He posted a lot in GBS about his (step?)son who was a juvenile delinquent and trying to help him. I'm guessing it ended up all being bullshit

Humper Monkey.

And they were tall tales, but possibly some nuggets of truth from his real life were in there as he was writing as a form of therapy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shut up Meg posted:

Humper Monkey.

And they were tall tales, but possibly some nuggets of truth from his real life were in there as he was writing as a form of therapy.

Weren’t they a 50 Foot Ant alt?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Weren’t they a 50 Foot Ant alt?

Yeah when 50 Foot Ant started posting he claimed to be Humper Monkey's brother, and that HM had died. 50FA was all about the gritty ghost stories (with very sexy women, all of which he had had sex with, of course). He also iirc claimed to have been at an airshow disaster in the 80s, think it was the Ramstein disaster. I remember his long story about it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Who What Now posted:

Bumper Monkey, who was supposedly 50 Foot Ant's brother.

Considering all he did was post those stories and not really interact anywhere else he's assumed to be a 50 Foot Ant alt.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

The thread about this in fyad was one of my favorite things ever.

Also, the thread about a bunch of goons who bought a patch of land (Hawaii maybe) with the idea of starting a sustainable commune type thing, but the whole thing devolved into a weird Lord of the Flies scenario. Also they chained their tractors/diggers to trees and they then get stolen (I think).

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
If anyone happened to have saved his stories, I'd be very grateful if they could share a link. They were well-written and entertaining.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I just vaguely remembered I was one of many (many, many) goongirls who was harassed by granos and now I feel vaguely nauseous.

:corsair:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chewbecca posted:

I just vaguely remembered I was one of many (many, many) goongirls who was harassed by granos and now I feel vaguely nauseous.

:corsair:

Call the police about it.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Call the police about it.

I'd prefer not to, but thank you

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

LLJKSilk, right?

I don’t think BrotherJohnathon had one post that made people turn on him. He had a very boring moderation style in PYF and would come down on “derails” that were really just people talking about the topic at hand.

When you love trains that much derails are extremely traumatic

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
e: beat

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pick posted:

I mean, the_white_crane is THE small pastry guy.
Wait, something happened with the_white_crane?
Which huge rock have I been living under?!

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was so disappointed when I started posting regularly again and ruddha was gone. Did something happen or did he just stop posting one day? I remember reading the horse thing in real time.

That reminds me, wasn't there a while thing where a somewhat transphobic person in the feminism thread who either said they were a woman or implied it got doxed as a detransitioned trans woman? I think I remember they would get very argumentative about trans people and really, really not liking them. It got the feminism thread closed because of the doxing and the shitshow that followed it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He doesn't a shrimp

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Araenna posted:

I was so disappointed when I started posting regularly again and ruddha was gone. Did something happen or did he just stop posting one day? I remember reading the horse thing in real time.

That reminds me, wasn't there a while thing where a somewhat transphobic person in the feminism thread who either said they were a woman or implied it got doxed as a detransitioned trans woman? I think I remember they would get very argumentative about trans people and really, really not liking them. It got the feminism thread closed because of the doxing and the shitshow that followed it.
this was "step aside"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Bust Rodd posted:

Did anyone ever talk about the one goon from the Anonymous Confessions thread who sincerely argued in favor of hiding secret cameras in dressing rooms and bathrooms because he thought cranking it to strangers was a victimless crime as long as you didn’t put it on the internet?

He ate a perma for it but I always thought it was funny that he literally only ever posted there and in the Overwatch threads

That is what nailed Jastiger in r/relationships

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
When there was an active sex work/workers thread in GBS there was one goon who relentlessly posted about his pay for sex adventures and not in a cool way in a "I save at least 10% per visit by doing the following" and try to offer tips to get sex for super cheap.

One post was something along the lines of "you can find girls on the street who suck dick for $50 who then post on backpage in sexy photos asking for $300. Lol at all you morons paying that rate when I'm getting everything I want for less then $100"

It was someone with a gross looking avatar and I'm almost certain has eaten a permaban. I think it was jastiger that name just rang a bell in my head.

The A/T sex worker thread was also a delight since one of the sex worker posters had an army BF and was constantly posting in GiP about having a military partner and how to cope with the typical relationships problems of military/civilian life.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Chewbecca posted:

The thread about this in fyad was one of my favorite things ever.

Also, the thread about a bunch of goons who bought a patch of land (Hawaii maybe) with the idea of starting a sustainable commune type thing, but the whole thing devolved into a weird Lord of the Flies scenario. Also they chained their tractors/diggers to trees and they then get stolen (I think).
Anyone have these FYAD threads handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Here's the zipline thread, though the images are gone.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1