Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
If you want teams that had bullshit calls against them, that's Pikiell's Rutgers the past few years, not blue blood Michigan. And what did Rutgers do? They just punched Big Ten teams harder until they forced the refs to respect them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

you shouldn’t punch people in basketball imo

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

chaoslord posted:

Hype for Arkansas / Kentucky today. Sharkansas is back in at least some form. We have no big man but we have made it work so far. Just hope it’s a close game, I’m still not bought in 100% but Muss is the real deal

I don't have much confidence if that makes you feel any better. I was more worried about this game than going to South Carolina and we see how that worked out. Kentucky only has one big man worth anything right now, when Nick Richards is out we just don't play as well.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Watching Ohio State get blown out will never get old.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Whole lotta ranked teams going down again today. Tournament this year is going to be an utter bloodbath, should be great so long as it doesn’t clear a path for Duke to win.

Also UNC got blown out at Pitt, is now below .500, and is 89th in Kenpom so that’s pretty hilarious too.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 18, 2020

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing North Carolina as a bad loss for bubble teams.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Declan MacManus posted:

you shouldn’t punch people in basketball imo

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcX__cfX4Bs

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kirios posted:

Watching Ohio State get blown out will never get old.

real nice 2-5 conference record they have right there lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

maybe otzelberger can do a crazy thing and suck in non conference and rock in conference who knows

i think this is actually happening lmao

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lessail posted:

i think this is actually happening lmao

UNLV took all of UNM’s power as soon as conference play started.

We’re really a mess now, and our horrible horrible fan base wants to fire everyone.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/NWAHutch/status/1218702439748186118?s=19

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Aztecs Bitch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chinatown posted:

Aztecs Bitch.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Duke, Auburn, and Wichita State are all on two-game losing streaks and if it wasn't for the Huskies blowing a 16-point lead Oregon would be joining them. The next Top 25 standings is going to be a loving bloodbath.

E: I forgot about Butler. :lol:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Roasted Donut posted:

real nice 2-5 conference record they have right there lol

Things have really gone to poo poo since our loss in the college playoff that we qualified for.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

That's a pretty terrible burn attempt on second thought.

Still, if you're a Penn State fan, maybe just pretend we live in a just world where your athletic department doesn't exist anymore, and shut the gently caress up.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Words from the abyss of dead last in conference

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Words from the abyss of dead last in conference

Northwestern still exists, my dude.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

kittenmittons posted:

Northwestern still exists, my dude.

And Nebraska! My apologies. Michigan is within striking distance though!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

And Nebraska! My apologies. Michigan is within striking distance though!

These are all true statements, yes.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I mean Rutgers is third in the conference and everyone has at least four losses.

I can't bother to give a gently caress at this point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers is legitimately good. They keep beating Big 10 teams and just clearly looking like the better team.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
For the record, Myles Johnson's defense destroyed Oturu today. Him vs. Garza will be interesting. Rutgers/Iowa is as big of a clash of styles as you can get.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Jumping in to Rutgerspost:

I was at the RAC for the game today, and the atmosphere there is incredible. I have never, in a very long time as a Rutgers fan, seen one of our teams be that confident. They look and act like winners. It's a nice change of pace.

Also, someone brought a sign that said "RANK US, COWARDS" and I enjoyed that.

Edit: Speaking of the Rutgers Athletic Center, our ancient brutalist block of concrete that sports happen in, our women's basketball team's Instagram had a new name for it that I love very much: Trapezoid of Terror.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Aztec_MBB/status/1219309955347443719?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

For the record, Myles Johnson's defense destroyed Oturu today. Him vs. Garza will be interesting. Rutgers/Iowa is as big of a clash of styles as you can get.

I didn't come away impressed with Minnesota. Oturu had about 7 mins where he took over the game and his final numbers look good 19 and 9 but he was invisible for the rest of the game and didn't get Myles into foul trouble.

Also, we're loving ranked LOL.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston is ranked in a clear rebuilding year :toot: Sampson is a miracle worker

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Looking forward to the top 25 matchup of Rutgers vs. Iowa this week.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

only one team (Maryland) did not change rank this week, which I think is a record

also yes, I'm not prepared for Top 5 San Diego St, Top 10 Dayton and Seton Hall, and Top 25 Rutgers

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Kirios posted:

Looking forward to the top 25 matchup of Rutgers vs. Iowa this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State won in Charlottesville for the first time since I think 2005. Pretty big win even given UVA’s smoking crater of a season.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Shaka Smart has to be done, right?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

curried lamb of God posted:

Shaka Smart has to be done, right?

that buyout tho

he’s been a loving mess at texas; he’s either unwilling or unable to get blue chips to run his press and he doesn’t seem like a great x’s and o’s guy outside of that and has shown no improvement on that end since he was hired, and while he’s good at recruiting all his recruits seem to do better in the nba than the ncaa

if it’s just based on performance, yeah, he should have been fired a year ago, but i guess the question is who you even go after at this point: beard i guess? scott drew? craig smith? try hiring another vcu coach and hope it works out better this time?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Texas has one of the richest athletic departments in the country, they don't need to stick with a bad coach because of his buyout.

I was way more down on Shaka than just about everyone else because his VCU regular season results were quietly pretty underwhelming (even the final four run that turned him into a hot candidate was with a team that shouldn't have made the field) but I don't think I expected it to get quite this bad.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

He completely abandoned the style that made VCU a terror to play, Texas is routinely among the slowest teams in the country. It’s sort of bewildering.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Drew has been one of the best coaches in the country for the past decade and Texas should've gone after him when they fired Barnes, but I think Baylor has too much money now to let him go. Beard might be slightly more realistic given that he's an alum, but Tech will also pay anything to keep him around, and he's probably a candidate for any blue chip job (KU, UK, UNC, Duke) whenever there's an opening

Buzz Williams would've killed it there but I'm so glad he's at A&M

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

elentar posted:

He completely abandoned the style that made VCU a terror to play, Texas is routinely among the slowest teams in the country. It’s sort of bewildering.

pshh why would you want an offense that gets mo bamba or jaxson hayes out on the break

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

if it’s just based on performance, yeah, he should have been fired a year ago, but i guess the question is who you even go after at this point: beard i guess? scott drew? craig smith? try hiring another vcu coach and hope it works out better this time?

This is Texas, so Kelvin Sampson

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Declan MacManus posted:

pshh why would you want an offense that gets mo bamba or jaxson hayes out on the break

So, I haven't watched any of NCAA ball in quite a while, but how was he able to ensure Jaxson Hayes was not on SportsCenter every loving night he played in college? Even his failed dunks in the NBA are incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

curried lamb of God posted:

Drew has been one of the best coaches in the country for the past decade and Texas should've gone after him when they fired Barnes, but I think Baylor has too much money now to let him go. Beard might be slightly more realistic given that he's an alum, but Tech will also pay anything to keep him around, and he's probably a candidate for any blue chip job (KU, UK, UNC, Duke) whenever there's an opening

Buzz Williams would've killed it there but I'm so glad he's at A&M

Yeah, I don't think that Beard gains anything going to Texas. Slightly easier recruiting, I guess, but he's already in on 5*'s competing with the blue-chips at Tech. Tech will match any offer UT makes as far as cash goes.

I expect them to go after Beard, but I don't know how seriously he listens.

I figure he waits around until coach K decides to hang it up at Duke or until the NBA comes a-calling.