Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Vicki will make a run at the penis flatteners one last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I do think they are going to find the Good Place isn't so good. Since good is trying to be better every day and trying to help the people around you. But no one there will need help. So I think they will all choose to reincarnate and it will be really sad as they are all going to sacrifice having each other to be able to go back and make a difference in the place that matters, actual Earth. Since what is the point of everyone getting better in the afterlife when their being better doesn't matter?

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I know it's a long shot, but I hope Nicole Byer shows up again in the Good Place.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I hope Vicki gets put in charge of designing the experiments for all the Aussies.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Seluin posted:

I know it's a long shot, but I hope Nicole Byer shows up again in the Good Place.

I really hope she figures out how to be angry at the other Good Place people.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
The good place is just a convention center where the famous people are chained to folding chairs while the countless masses of non famous people wait in line to meet them get their autograph.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Here's the problem I anticipate with the Good Place: humans need challenges and conflicts. Something to overcome or something to accomplish. If the Good Place is like its representatives, then it has no conflict--as soon as you want something, you get it instantly. Today's episode referenced Albert Camus' Sisyphus, a symbol of the eternal struggle of living and the absurd and unending search for meaning, and I suspect the timing of that reference is not a coincidence.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

The photos for Vicki's classes are :perfect:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the good place is going to be the starship from Wall-E but worse.

quote is not edit.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Whatever the cockroaches find in Good Place, they're not going to want it. I think they're going to find that everyone in the Good Place has become awful over time and they're going to burn down the Good Place too, perhaps arguing that just as it's unfair to be punished forever because you were bad for a little on Earth while it's equally unjust for people to be rewarded forever because they were good for a while. The Good Place is no longer eternal, instead you stay for a while before you go back, with your conscience still giving you nudges to do the right thing back on Earth. Eleanor and Chidi say goodbye: "Do you think we'll ever see each other again?" "We've found each other before, we'll do it again."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Re-watching season 3 and I'm confused how Doug Forcett is earning points if he's only doing stuff to get into The Good Place. Is it because he technically was never told about the Good Place and he's doing it on faith?

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Yeah, he believes that to be true, but doesn't know it, so his motivations technically aren't tainted.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh god that logo ahahahahahahaha

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

Re-watching season 3 and I'm confused how Doug Forcett is earning points if he's only doing stuff to get into The Good Place. Is it because he technically was never told about the Good Place and he's doing it on faith?

It's basically just his religious beliefs and the show never made any statement about that being an invalid reason for doing good.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was established that he is going to the bad place because his motivation isn't correct.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Sub Rosa posted:

I thought it was established that he is going to the bad place because his motivation isn't correct.

No, he had a large number of points, but with the unfair system it still wasn't enough to meet the threshold.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

He's going to the bad place for the same reason as everyone else on earth, the broken system.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Performative wokeness being developed by the Bad Place is maybe my favorite joke this show has made. And I really like this show.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I feel like something has to come out of the good place committee. They've been so useless for so long that having all these new people has to create a kink in the system.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I hope there is a cameo by Albert Brooks in a subtle crossover with Defending Your Life.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think what may happen is that they get to the good place, some time passes, and others start getting into the good place.

Then they find that eventually everyone is passing the test and getting into the good place, even bad people. They have to grapple with the idea that if everyone deserves redemption and has the opportunity to change given an eternity, then everyone may enter the good place eventually.

So, there will be a time of panic that the plan has gone horribly sideways and that these people can't possibly be getting in and it's all a ploy of the demons in the bad place until they realize that in actuality that their plan has worked and these people are changing and they deserve to be there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There are two episodes left, I really don't think there's gonna be any more big plots. Maybe some minor twigs, but I think that while they might want to keep helping people, they don't need to shoulder the burden of solving everything anymore. Hence Michael handing his rock to Vicki.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
Spoiler about an unreleased episode's title under the spoiler and possible connections.

So, one of the next episodes name is Patty. Elanor's semi-sister is Patricia.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm curious how it made Vicky feel that Tahani congratulated her on a well designed test. That was practically a psychological torture, and she was given praise for it from the victim. Presumably no one she tortured before has ever thanked her for it, unless she got some real weirdos...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Some of them start to enjoy it and the spiders get bored.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cemetry Gator posted:

I feel like something has to come out of the good place committee. They've been so useless for so long that having all these new people has to create a kink in the system.

The rushed nature of the last episode means there are a lot of things we didn't really get to see. Like apparently half the architects there before they got in the balloon were Good Place architects, would love to have met one.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I did like the text written with the time skip.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ZRM posted:

Spoiler about an unreleased episode's title under the spoiler and possible connections.

So, one of the next episodes name is Patty. Elanor's semi-sister is Patricia.

What episode did that happen?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It's from when Eleanor went back to earth and visited her mom.

https://thegoodplace.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_33:_A_Fractured_Inheritance

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just realized - there is one major loose end we aren’t considering: Janet.

Wasn’t it just the four humans and Michael in the ballon?

What about Janet?
What about Derek?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mordiceius posted:

What about Janet?

Not an aeronaut.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I just realized - there is one major loose end we aren’t considering: Janet.

Wasn’t it just the four humans and Michael in the ballon?

What about Janet?
What about Derek?

No, Janet at least made it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

efb

Ignis fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 18, 2020

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Well, what about Derek?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just assumed Derek imploded into himself once the experiment in The Good Place was over.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I assume he's still in the medium place now that everyone has stopped needing Mindy's backyard

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Tiya Sircar is insanely attractive. Holy mother forking shirtballs.

Yeah, absolute smoke show. YEW!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tunzie posted:

No, Janet at least made it.

Yeah I was initially worried she wasn't going to get to go, then remembered that out of all of them she is the only one actually originally intended to go to the Good Place.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
Huh, I wonder if the score keeper's are using the heavily skewed point value from the original system as their baseline? Making it real easy to get into the good place cause it's not like you can do worse than how you did on earth, according to the accountants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
The guatama buddha was on Chidis list but he lived before the cutoff point! Surely he's in the good place already?
Or who knows since he was definitely living a lie since a religion is wrong (other than Doug)