Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

SirDippingSauce posted:

There's also a tag match (non title) betwen the current champs Sonlo Darling and Willow Nightingale vs Hallowicked and Frightmare. I haven't seen much of Nightgale, but if anyone can point me to some good representative matches, that'd be cool.
Most of Willow's work with Beyond is on their Youtube channel. Tag match with the Beavers is up there. You can even watch the match with Dickinson where her neck got broken if you really wanted to do that. If you have CHIKARATOPIA, the match where they win the straps from Deppen and Huckabee is extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alumni and former Grand champ Juan Francisco de Coronado

https://twitter.com/pwwhistleblower/status/1216344773902073857?s=20

Screenshots of the DMs are on the account, I'm not embedding them because they're graphic

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Screenshots of the DMs are on the account, I'm not embedding them because they're graphic

Why did I click :gonk:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I swear, if it turns out Dasher or Hallowiced is some kind of creep next, I am gonna just give up on wrestling all together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Have any of the Year 1 crew ever been outed as creeps? They all came off as pretty upright types. Even Icarus.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Have any of the Year 1 crew ever been outed as creeps? They all came off as pretty upright types. Even Icarus.

My honest belief is that unless Quack himself is somehow shady, the likelihood that those guys are creeps is lower because isn't it a pretty safe bet that Quack knew them beforehand? Weren't they friends to begin with?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I would teach how to suck my dick FOR SURE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
jfdc and rory were outsiders brought in as far as i know

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.inquirer.com/news/doggie-style-maltese-groomer-death-howard-nelson-steven-roemer-20200113.html Doggie Style Pets are involved in a lawsuit from three former customers after a part-time groomer tied a loop too tight around their dogs' necks, causing one to be strangled to death

The part-time groomer is allegedly Callux the Castigator https://biggoldbeltgroup.com/exclusive-callux-the-castigator-from-chikara-involved-in-dog-grooming-scandal/

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bad start for chikara, but also I guess i'll wait until there's like video/ruling of it though, because a lot could go wrong with those grooming table things on their own. At worst he did it on purpose, "best" case thing is he wasn't properly showed how to use it since he wasn't the "regular groomer", or took his eye off the dogs and they fell off the tables. People shouldn't take their dogs to groomers imo, just wash them in your tub, shower, sink. no reason to trust a dog with a stranger who isn't a professional & is just doing a part time job, that framing of the lawsuit come off a bias.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 14, 2020

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i will also wait for the dog death video

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Other than Quack being a general weirdo the worst thing I’ve heard about him was trying to have a relationship with Saturyne which made her quit the company

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/doggie-style-maltese-groomer-death-howard-nelson-steven-roemer-20200113.html Doggie Style Pets are involved in a lawsuit from three former customers after a part-time groomer tied a loop too tight around their dogs' necks, causing one to be strangled to death

The part-time groomer is allegedly Callux the Castigator https://biggoldbeltgroup.com/exclusive-callux-the-castigator-from-chikara-involved-in-dog-grooming-scandal/

oh gdi i liked Callux

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

oh gdi i liked Callux

Gonna guess it wasn’t intentional

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

I know I know you should NEVER read the comments, but loving amazing that people are going,"Hmmmm you don't have HER comments in there :thunk:" or "Maybe she didn't mention her age!" when the stuff he is posting includes lines like,"I won't spread rumors about you because I'd be the one who looked bad" and "If you're home alone no one is gonna know".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
re: callux

apparently he was already cleared of any wrong doing before that article was posted, so if thats the case it sounds more like the family trying to drag him through the mud or ruin his early career in spite

https://twitter.com/LearyOutCrowd/status/1216935347466264576

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 14, 2020

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
officer magnum feud with callux

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

officer magnum feud with callux

ACAB

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I swear Chikara fans freak out about masks and identities worse than actual luchadors.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Other than Quack being a general weirdo the worst thing I’ve heard about him was trying to have a relationship with Saturyne which made her quit the company

For some reason whenever I see Quack my creeper radar goes nuts. He makes my skin crawl for no logical reason.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

For some reason whenever I see Quack my creeper radar goes nuts. He makes my skin crawl for no logical reason.

He’s a wrestling promoter.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
christ how many groomers does chikara have if they have to start hiring them part time

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's getting to the point where I'm scared whenever I see this thread have new posts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Young Lions Cup starts in an hour IIRC

Lucas Calhoun vs Kobold
Sonny Defarge vs Thief Ant
Jigsaw, Mike Quackenbush and Mobius vs The Crucible (EM Demorest, Tunku Amir and Matt Makowski)
Los Ice Creams (El Hijo del Ice Cream and Ice Cream Jr) vs Bird and the Bee (Solo Darling and Willow Nightingale)

YLC first round fourway elimination matches:
Green Ant vs The Spoiler vs Joshua Wells vs Matt Vertigo
Donna Rama vs Noah Striker vs Oswald Project vs ZERO
Ricky South vs Frey Nassar vs Molly McCoy vs Xavier Faraday
Boomer Hatfield vs Jack Ball vs Masha Slamovich vs Max the Impaler

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
I remember reading somewhere that Los Ice Creams are Quack and Jigsaw but I never really knew for sure. Part me always wants to know exactly who each masked wrestler in Chikara is and part of me never wants to find out.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's not streaming on Chikaratopia.

Fart.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Diar posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Los Ice Creams are Quack and Jigsaw but I never really knew for sure. Part me always wants to know exactly who each masked wrestler in Chikara is and part of me never wants to find out.

one is hallowicked not jigsaw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Diar posted:

I think Claudio was one of them at some point in the past.

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
That makes sense if I remember right it was a pretty floating role though it definetly seems quack has been the constant. Honestly my mind was pretty blown that Orange Cassidy and Drew Gulak are fire ant and soldier ant. Especially Orange Cassidy since his gimmick is the complete opportunity of fire ant.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I think Claudio was one of them at some point in the past.

He was the third one, "Very Mysterious Ice Cream", but only for one King of Trios tournament in 2007 I believe.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SirDippingSauce posted:

Kinda lit a fire under me, tbh, where I went from thinking "okay, let's see how I like the idea" to "I would love to do this where an when I can".

Just work on your verbiage first, buddy. Though I will say Indies rotating commentary is generally really enjoyable, hope you can find some opportunities.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Fixed this to an in-continuity option (just ignore that Deucalion is also dead, maybe time travel?).

Sometimes Chikara does Kayfabe alright- do we even know who played him? Did the bring in some Indy guy, or was there actually a wrestle factory guy who was happy to have had just a year long career and then happily retire?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My honest belief is that unless Quack himself is somehow shady

I thought it was generally thought he was a weirdo, but mainly just weird to like his wife. Not criminal weird, just like overly serious goober weird? The rumours of making his wife sleep on the couch for breaking kayfabe persist.

Gavok posted:

It's not streaming on Chikaratopia.

Fart.

What's even the point? Oh, and with Smart Mark Video merging/been purchased by (can't remember now) with Independent Wrestling, what the status of the Chikara library?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

christ how many groomers does chikara have if they have to start hiring them part time

This was good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wazzu posted:

Sometimes Chikara does Kayfabe alright- do we even know who played him? Did the bring in some Indy guy, or was there actually a wrestle factory guy who was happy to have had just a year long career and then happily retire?

Wrestler called Stephen King (obviously not that one), works intermittently as Chainsaw King in the Midwest. Last match was in late 2018, but still seems to be active in the business.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In retrospect, the first Johnny Kidd Invitational is hilariously awkward. They did a one-day tournament where Zack Sabre Jr. and Matt Riddle made it into the semis, but used them to help build towards a Juan Francisco vs. Rory Gulak title match. Yikes.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Gavok posted:

In retrospect, the first Johnny Kidd Invitational is hilariously awkward. They did a one-day tournament where Zack Sabre Jr. and Matt Riddle made it into the semis, but used them to help build towards a Juan Francisco vs. Rory Gulak title match. Yikes.

Yeah lmao they could have a banger main-event instead of what happened.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Diar posted:

That makes sense if I remember right it was a pretty floating role though it definetly seems quack has been the constant. Honestly my mind was pretty blown that Orange Cassidy and Drew Gulak are fire ant and soldier ant. Especially Orange Cassidy since his gimmick is the complete opportunity of fire ant.

Yeah, the salute thing that Soldier Ant did is way more in line with the pockets thing OC does. I wonder if he’s taking his old partner’s spot because he liked it and it’s not being used anymore, or if Gulak was doing something OC had shown him.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Germansimp posted:

He was the third one, "Very Mysterious Ice Cream", but only for one King of Trios tournament in 2007 I believe.

That part was not a secret. He wore his regular cutoff dress shirt and everyone knew and was having a laugh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

That part was not a secret. He wore his regular cutoff dress shirt and everyone knew and was having a laugh.

Was that the KoT where something fell through so they had rush in the ice creams as a replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

Was that the KoT where something fell through so they had rush in the ice creams as a replacement?

that is how I remember it, yeah.