Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Friendly reminder that the "gore cut" of Tammy and the T-Rex is now streaming on Shudder.

https://twitter.com/Shudder/status/1217143966711386112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Sarchasm posted:

Friendly reminder that the "gore cut" of Tammy and the T-Rex is now streaming on Shudder.

https://twitter.com/Shudder/status/1217143966711386112

Paul Walker as a T-Rex as Denise Richards boyfriend, I'm all in. How have I never heard of this.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I want to stress that, while I'm sure the "gore cut" of the movie is great, the censored version is itself nothing to shake a stick at. A true masterpiece of outsider filmmaking.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Sarchasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_VTvQLAfaE
but with Tammy and the T-Rex

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Franchescanado posted:

When you see someone with a Birthday Boys avatar post recommendations, you know they're to be trusted.

:cheers:

I'm pretty sure Childrens Hospital was the first basic cable program to say the words "Earl Sweatshirt" back in 2011.

For content: I'm almost certain HBO Max will stream it.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 15, 2020

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Terry Kiser is the real star of Tammy and the T-Rex. He's amazing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

One unintentionally funny thing about Medical Police, probably only to me, is that when it opens with "A Warner Horizon Production," I keep misreading it as "Werner Herzog"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I want to like Medical Police more than I do, and I do, it's just been too one-note for me. Childens Hospital got to play with all sorts of medical dramas and even dabbled in non-hospital genres and had the show within a show thing going on. Medical Police is just NCIS but absurd (and sometimes somehow less absurd). The greatest parts so far aside from the Childrens Hospital opening was the card game. It was hilarious how it kept going with its Calvinball rules.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Detective No. 27 posted:

One unintentionally funny thing about Medical Police, probably only to me, is that when it opens with "A Warner Horizon Production," I keep misreading it as "Werner Herzog"

Meeee tooooo!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Me three!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Watching this Dracula show on Netflix. Finished episode 2 last night and... lmao OK. We're doing this?

david_a posted:

Someone for the love of god spoil the stupid stuff in Dracula so people don’t watch it out of curiosity

pumped up for school posted:

It really isn't.

I thought ep 1 was turn the brain off fun. It is a Dracula story, I'm not expecting much.

Ep 2 was ok, focusing on the Demeter voyage that was just a footnote in the book was kind of different.

I actually liked his character for most of ep1 and parts of 2. They didn't try and make him dark, broody, sexy, sympathetic. I liked that he was an unapologetic bad guy.

Ep3 was just really, really bad. I don't think it even needs specific spoilers for story notes. It was just bad.

Just updating you all on Episode 3 of Dracula on Netflix and BBC:

It sucks! Don't watch! No bags of popped corn.

Last scene of episode 2 spoiler: Dracula is a period piece that takes place in the late 1800s. Dracula is trying to get to England for two episodes, he's in a shipwreck caused by a valiant suicidal attempt to kill Dracula by Van Helsing but is able to crawl into his coffin at the bottom of the ocean to recover his strength and complete his journey. He wakes up, swims to England, and is immediately greeted by.... Van Helsing! In modern clothes! with a helicopter flying overhead and a tactical team with guns aimed at him. Dracula was sleeping for 123 years and is now in modern Britain.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 16, 2020

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Last scene of episode 2 spoiler: Dracula is a period piece that takes place in the late 1800s. Dracula is trying to get to England for two episodes, he's in a shipwreck caused by a valiant suicidal attempt to kill Dracula by Van Helsing but is able to crawl into his coffin at the bottom of the ocean to recover his strength and complete his journey. He wakes up, swims to England, and is immediately greeted by.... Van Helsing! In modern clothes! with a helicopter flying overhead and a tactical team with guns aimed at him. Dracula was sleeping for 123 years and is now in modern Britain.
Am I crazy or is this heavily inspired by Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

In it, the first main villain, Dio, an 1800s vampire, escapes to his coffin to survive the hero's valiant attempt to take them both out by destroying the ship they're in, biding his time at the bottom of the ocean only to resurface in the 1980s to fight the hero's descendants.

To be honest I'm now curious just to see if it's more referential than that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Childrens Hospital is such a bizarre, hilarious, creative little treasure of a show that not nearly enough people have seen, but comedy nerds will love it. Too bad it's not streaming anywhere. Medical Police inspired me to pick up Seasons 1-3 on DVD.

I feel like it would have found a larger audience if ALL the marketing didn't focus on Dr. Blake Downs, the creepy-looking clown doctor played by Rob Corddry (who is really just an ineffectual idiot loser and a Patch Adams parody). But I know people who saw ads with nothing but his face and assumed from that and the title that it was a horror series.

In fact, Childrens Hospital is a show within a show that has been on since the 1950s.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll probably catch poo poo for this but I did not like one cut of the dead. Turned it off about 20 minutes before the end. I can see the appeal but I just didn't find it very interesting either before or after the thing.

Respect for doing something different though.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

veni veni veni posted:

I'll probably catch poo poo for this but I did not like one cut of the dead. Turned it off about 20 minutes before the end. I can see the appeal but I just didn't find it very interesting either before or after the thing.

Respect for doing something different though.

I just recommended this to you in the horror thread like five minutes ago, so... Whoops.

One Cut of the Dead was one of my best theater experiences of last year. There were only about six people in the entire theater, but everyone was wheezing with laughter. None of us were prepared for what that movie eventually becomes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

I just recommended this to you in the horror thread like five minutes ago, so... Whoops.

One Cut of the Dead was one of my best theater experiences of last year. There were only about six people in the entire theater, but everyone was wheezing with laughter. None of us were prepared for what that movie eventually becomes.

I think that knowing there was a big twist about 40 minutes in probably had a detrimental effect on the experience. It amounted to watching over a half hour of the worst zombie movie ever while I was trying to guess the twist the whole time. Then when it finally happened it was just sort of underwhelming. The family comedy it turns into is charming but it didn't really grab me a whole lot. If I had gone in with absolutely no idea of what I was getting myself into I might have a very different opinion of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You’re probably right. I watched it on a plane without knowing anything about the plot at all and ended up loving it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just checked out the first episode of The Outsider on HBO, and at first I was questioning if I wanted to watch yet another dead kid in the woods mystery but I am all in on this. The whole setup is good as hell.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Just checked out the first episode of The Outsider on HBO, and at first I was questioning if I wanted to watch yet another dead kid in the woods mystery but I am all in on this. The whole setup is good as hell.

Oooh it's out? I saw an ad for it a couple weeks ago and it's the first time I've followed a banner ad for a show like that, and then i found I had a couple weeks to wait

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There’s actually 2 episodes up so either I missed the premiere or they dropped two at once. It’s great so far.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

they dropped two at once

It's this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watched a movie on CRACKLE of all places that I somehow never heard of at all. Auto Focus from 2002 is a Paul Schrader film starring Greg Kinnear and Willem Dafoe. It's a 'true' story about Bob Crane, star of TV's Hogan's Heroes. I had no idea about his life and it's pretty good poo poo.I don't want to spoil it. Definitely recommend it.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 17, 2020

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Auto Focus is a pro-watch for sure.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Disposable Scud posted:

Auto Focus is a pro-watch for sure.

Kurt Fuller's impression of Colonel Klink is also worth the watch. It's really good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh cool, I knew of it but never saw it since the early 00s seem to be a weird dead time when it comes to streaming presence. I remember Kinnear and Dafoe talking it up a few times in Conan since apparently Conan had a huge interest in Crane's whole deal.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Smoking some weed and watching Scissor Seven on Netflix is a hard recommend from me.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Season two of Sex Education came out on Netflix a few days ago and it's still great. This is definitely one of my favorites of the Netflix original stuff. I haven't finished watching yet, but Gillian Anderson is still killing it. There's less time devoted to students' weird sex issues, although that makes sense based on the previous season. There's a lot more focus on the various interpersonal relationships of Otis and friends, but Maeve seems to have less screen time so far which is a bit disappointing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
1990's Pacific Heights is on Hulu right now and I absolutely recommend it.

Two obnoxious, young, unmarried yuppies played by Melanie Griffith and Matt Modine buy a fixer-upper three unit apartment building in San Francisco. They're going to renovate the place and live in one apartment while renting out the other two. They've got big hopes and big dreams! Sadly they come into the crosshairs of a vicious scam artist played by Michael Keaton, who becomes the TENANT FROM HELL.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

And then what happens? I must know!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

plz dont pull out posted:

And then what happens? I must know!

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags:

It turns out the whole freakin' system is rigged against the poor plucky landlords in this mixed-up country, that the world today (1990) has just gone completely off the rails, and sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands.

If you watch it I'll tell you there's a completely out of nowhere batshit dream sequence smack dab in the middle of the movie for you to look forward to.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags:

It turns out the whole freakin' system is rigged against the poor plucky landlords in this mixed-up country, that the world today (1990) has just gone completely off the rails, and sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands.

If you watch it I'll tell you there's a completely out of nowhere batshit dream sequence smack dab in the middle of the movie for you to look forward to.

Huh usually Keaton plays a villain.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

I'm always up for some Michael Keaton.

Everyone else if you could please post about your movie like it's on the back of a VHS I'd really appreciate it.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Finally watched End Game right before my Disney+ expired, and it is everything I hate about comic book movies. I know I’m dealing with the subjective here, but I just don’t see how anyone who is over 13, could say that was a great movie. As someone who grew up reading Marvel comics I was I could, but the Avengers movies are just big misses for me (the one before End Game was the best of the bunch).

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

plz dont pull out posted:

I'm always up for some Michael Keaton.

Everyone else if you could please post about your movie like it's on the back of a VHS I'd really appreciate it.

I'd also really enjoy VHS box back posting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nate fisher posted:

Finally watched End Game right before my Disney+ expired, and it is everything I hate about comic book movies. I know I’m dealing with the subjective here, but I just don’t see how anyone who is over 13, could say that was a great movie. As someone who grew up reading Marvel comics I was I could, but the Avengers movies are just big misses for me (the one before End Game was the best of the bunch).

They’re all bad except Thor Ragnarok and Antman

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Blue Ruin is on Netflix currently.

Macon Blair may be content living as a beachside hobo, but his idyllic life is turned upside down when his father's murderer is released from prison. Fueled by revenge, he embarks on a trip to Virginia to intercept the killer. But he better watch out, as the man's family ain't too friendly themselves. While he doesn't find peace, he does find the thrill of a lifetime!

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Blue Ruin is great

If you liked Green Room it is definitely worth watching too

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Trouble in Oregon! When Anton Yelchin (Star Trek) and his band of punks find themselves playing a last-minute show at a nazi bar, they realize their opening set is gonna get extended into an all night show. Murder has occured in the band's green roomtm, and Patrick Stewart (Star Trek) wants his nazi thugs to eliminate all witnesses, band included! That's no minor threat either. Also featuring Eric Edelstein (We Bare Bears), this is a series of mishaps and misadventures you won't wanna miss.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
While I liked both, I preferred Blue Ruin. I think it was the goony take on the whole man of vengeance genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Saulnier's earlier movie Murder Party is also on Netflix for streaming. It's a comedy with horror elements so pretty different tonally from Green Room and Blue Ruin but I still really enjoyed it and recommend it. The basic idea is that a lonely guy finds an invitation on the street for a "Murder Party" on Halloween. So he makes a costume and heads over to find that all of the pretentious art students who set up the party have decided that they're going to murder him, but not just any murder... an Avant Garde Murder that will have people talking.