Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ruffini posted:

drat I really need to get back into this game. The expansion looks rad as hell.

They do a lot really well with the expansion. Some of the fights can feel a bit sloggy. Zipline mounting continues to be my favorite addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Someone buy this for me on steam but all the story content is already unlocked including the ice bourne stuff so i can just do incestigations without forced western game walking segments with the handler and the grandpa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Someone buy this for me on steam but all the story content is already unlocked including the ice bourne stuff so i can just do incestigations without forced western game walking segments with the handler and the grandpa

theres a grandma now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:gonk:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

theres a grandma now

The grandma was in the original too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pc will finally be synced with console in april 2020 it only took them 27 months

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1218767565859803136

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what will the returning monster be

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hope it's chameleos. I have no idea which ones are actually popular at all.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

pc will finally be synced with console in april 2020 it only took them 27 months

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1218767565859803136

Tbf the base game was synced for a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss is wicked sick and they actually brought back my favorite mon ever kinda. I was super shocked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guiding Lands seem really chill.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Guiding Lands seem really chill.

It's the best way to hunt imo

Drop in with buds and just hang out fighting with no stress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

It's the best way to hunt imo

Drop in with buds and just hang out fighting with no stress

I made a SLeep Hammer set with the black diablos KO secret + 2 pc Artian set for Critical Status and i can get 2 sleeps + 3 mounts + 5+ KOs per hunt. its out of control. Using it in GL is so much fun since every room has a slide spot where you can just roll around with the spinball attack and get that delicious stun sound a million times.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I think j remember reading that 1 point geologist skill (decoration) doubles shiny drops in GL, maybe worth trying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finally decided to try learning lance and good god this weapon is absurdly strong.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah lance is good.

Unrelated I had a weird dream where I was hunting in the ruins of an American city with a bunch of other ragtag anti-monster resistance fighters and I had a zorah magdaros hbg.

I was trying to snipe a distracted deviljho when a great jagras and a paolumu shimmied up to the balcony I was on and I ran for my life.

I blame the content of the dream on the dumb joke I made here but for my in-dream cowardice I can only blame myself or God.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i wanna try intimidator on lance and just be the super shield guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i wanna try intimidator on lance and just be the super shield guy

Apparently you can do clutch claw wall slam move into a lance user if you're coordinated enough, the shield counts as a wall lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Switched back to horn. Charge blade can get pretty tedious sometimes.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

Apparently you can do clutch claw wall slam move into a lance user if you're coordinated enough, the shield counts as a wall lol

that owns

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wow the critboost skill says it gives 30% critical damage at 1 point, 35 at 2, and 40 at 3 points, so you would think one point investment is best. But your base is actually 25%, each point is +5%. That's not very clear lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wow the critboost skill says it gives 30% critical damage at 1 point, 35 at 2, and 40 at 3 points, so you would think one point investment is best. But your base is actually 25%, each point is +5%. That's not very clear lol

oh that makes sense. from my very casual testing it definitely seems powerful (paired with basically all my expert and weakness exploit decos) but never the 30%+ jump in damage i was expecting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's still real strong, and it's also worth noting it doesn't actually do anything for elemental or status attacks, only physical damage

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Guiding lands is cool

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i hope world 2 is just guiding lands kind of encounters

make a central hub city and just run around with friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Guiding lands is cool

It's so much fun, once i finished base world there wasn't really any reason to just do random stuff since only the same 3 hunts actually offered the chance to drop decos or whatever. But guiding lands is such a cool structure that I just log on and do random crap in there with new weapons, since its fun.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it reminds me of destiny where you'd just kind of randomly wander around the map and every once in a while run into other players and enemies. it'd be cool if in MHW2 you could actually run into a playing SOSing for help out in the middle of nowhere instead of explicitly having to search for them

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I got a bunch of side quests to clean up still before hitting the GL hard, but my gear is basically where i want it now.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJs1jM0jEY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ftmfw.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The verticality of the Guiding Lands is a lot of fun. Jumping down from the first camp straight into the Rotten Vale section is still cool every time.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Need to farm kushala for my late game gear and i loathe this fight more than any other. Basically have to farm up my bow gun since melee is an exercise in frustration.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a sticky LBG just for Kushala bc the fight is miserable for melee yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitter.com/A2113Y/status/1229764703045316609

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The new siege looks really fun and the polar opposite of KT

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The new siege looks really fun and the polar opposite of KT

seriously need to compare, as I've heard that playing Long 7 is better than Wide 7 for poke/shell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm finally going to buy this. Is there any point buying the expansion straight away or is it a sitch where there's 3000 hours of content before you even touch icebourne stuff

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think just buying the expansion unlocks a few things that will be available from the beginning, such as the clutch claw. So if you're planning on getting it eventually anyway might as well go for it now.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I think the defender set might also be tied to the expansion? Nice set to get you up to the expansion faster if you’re a monster hunter veteran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm finally going to buy this. Is there any point buying the expansion straight away or is it a sitch where there's 3000 hours of content before you even touch icebourne stuff

You can just do base game for now, theres a fuckton of content and the addition of clutch claw will help keep all the G rank versions of the base game monsters fresh when you buy Iceborne