Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Captain_Indigo posted:

In most cases on SA, both parties are wrong. There was a girl who defended weird lizard bestiality, but then got beat by her father who was (I think) a district attorney and people thought that was funny. Everyone was wrong.

Also he was a judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Animals are great and cool but a lizard's hypothesized perspective on being on a naked person is not equivalent to beating the poo poo out of a human child. "There were no angels..." :jerkbag:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Captain_Indigo posted:

In most cases on SA, both parties are wrong. There was a girl who defended weird lizard bestiality, but then got beat by her father who was (I think) a district attorney and people thought that was funny. Everyone was wrong.

I don't remember their username on here, but they had an avatar of the big hair googles kid from Digimon who uses Agumon and something like "how did this get here i'm not good at computer" as avatar text.

This is the news story that broke because of the video she uploaded:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/11/03/141976677/daughter-beaten-by-dad-whos-a-texas-judge-it-happened-regularly

The thread on it was kind of hosed up because at first everyone was on her side about how hosed it was and offering her support, then some goon dug into her online presence, found she was a furry and posted as such in the thread, and then pretty much the whole thread did a complete 180 and started telling her she deserved it and other horrible poo poo like that. I think it may have gotten quickly locked by a mod who (rightly) wanted to shut down all the cruel bullshit that had started up.

Don't honestly recall anything about lizard bestiality, it was just her being a furry offsite that set everyone off.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pick posted:

gently caress you, if you don't like it then add to my ignore list power level.

It's incredible how many people will spend years nursing grudges and following a poster across threads and subforums to continuously snipe at them over perceived slights and grievances instead of just of just ignoring them and moving on with their life. Like actively going out of their way to make their own lives and the forums as a whole worse because their forums bushido won't allow them to ignore.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

have you considered that your posting might just be bad, Guy Mann

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

I Said No posted:

I don't remember their username on here, but they had an avatar of the big hair googles kid from Digimon who uses Agumon and something like "how did this get here i'm not good at computer" as avatar text.

This is the news story that broke because of the video she uploaded:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/11/03/141976677/daughter-beaten-by-dad-whos-a-texas-judge-it-happened-regularly

The thread on it was kind of hosed up because at first everyone was on her side about how hosed it was and offering her support, then some goon dug into her online presence, found she was a furry and posted as such in the thread, and then pretty much the whole thread did a complete 180 and started telling her she deserved it and other horrible poo poo like that. I think it may have gotten quickly locked by a mod who (rightly) wanted to shut down all the cruel bullshit that had started up.

Don't honestly recall anything about lizard bestiality, it was just her being a furry offsite that set everyone off.

It was shoeofallcosmos. No idea why I remember that. Thank you brain for remembering the most useless information.

Also if you google it you can find her Reddit AMA.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Her SA username was Shoe of all Cosmos. The entire thing was hosed, because even if you take the position that being a furry is hosed up, you still have to account for the fact that she was severely abused. I wouldn't expect someone who'd had to deal with that sort of poo poo to grow up to have healthy interests or relationships.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I still can’t believe ol snatch duster lasted as long as he did.

Also I never realized PCOS got outside TFR that much.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LingcodKilla posted:

I still can’t believe ol snatch duster lasted as long as he did.

Also I never realized PCOS got outside TFR that much.

I never go in TFR and saw PCOS a bit. Lol'ing that Amethyst has >1,100 people putting him on ignore too. That's a strong game he plays.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
PCOS was all over GBS2.0 back when that was a thing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

It's incredible how many people will spend years nursing grudges and following a poster across threads and subforums to continuously snipe at them over perceived slights and grievances instead of just of just ignoring them and moving on with their life. Like actively going out of their way to make their own lives and the forums as a whole worse because their forums bushido won't allow them to ignore.

I'm pretty sure by this point its just wherever you show up and post the regulars quickly come to hate you and want you gone.

No, of course that can't be true, after all there's no reasons that posts like this

Sleeveless posted:

le me, herpin and derpin to le hardware section of walmart where five gallon buckets of food-grade plastic with airtight lids are only a couple bucks

badass 40 year-old computer janitor dual-wieldling leathermans to get at the last six-pack of fiji water

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Would ever turn an entire community against you in a general sense.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 19, 2020

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He also posted in pyf. I feel so gross knowing I was getting into slap fights with Aran. I really hope he wasn't posting while ppj or anyone knew it was him.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Araenna posted:

He also posted in pyf. I feel so gross knowing I was getting into slap fights with Aran. I really hope he wasn't posting while ppj or anyone knew it was him.
He wasn't afaik - PCOS Bill was already permabanned by the time I learned he was Aran at least.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

He wasn't afaik - PCOS Bill was already permabanned by the time I learned he was Aran at least.

He's been permad more than two years ago. And then his alt's been permad more than a year ago with a note that PCOS Bill and Aran were one and the same.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_3_GZcY1w

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
He's kinda cute, but lol

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
"I wrote these words just for you, in case I forget"

Well :thanks:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I remember PCOS Bill from GBS because his handle always jumped out at me because at the time I was running PC Linux OS as my desktop distro which was usually abbreviated to PCLOS, and the guy behind that distro was named Bill. I'm just about certain there was no actual association (the Bill from PCLOS used the handle Texstar and was not a goon AFAIK) but my brain always had to decouple the two.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i had a friend who was really into the idea of having sex with a giant lizard

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

nankeen posted:

Quit bragging about your hookups

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

nankeen posted:

Is his name Tom Paris?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

nankeen posted:

Strange, I thought we were still friends

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Automotive Insanity, too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

oldpainless posted:

more like oldfriendless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nankeen posted:

were they also a giant lizard

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pick posted:

I was thinking she somehow was buddies with David Icke.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why does the reptilian have human pupils

i mean other than the fact that reptilians have always been a paper-thin cover for anti-semitism.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

oldpainless posted:

More like oldfriendless?

DoctorWhat posted:

more like oldfriendless
GODDAMMIT

Does anyone have a link to the SuperNintendoChalmers saga? I know it's a thread by criscodisco but I haven't been able to find it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghostlight posted:

why does the reptilian have human pupils
Those evolved to fool humans because otherwise it would be a dead giveaway.

I mean.... it's kind of suspect that you didn't already know that...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that does make more sense than prioritising being able to close your mouth, chew, or even bite food.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ghostlight posted:

i mean other than the fact that reptilians have always been a paper-thin cover for anti-semitism.

IIRC Icke found out about the anti-semitism thing and was furious, because god drat it, he literally means lizard people from outer space.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

has anyone before of science!/guy mann/sleeveless been completely banned from cinema discusso

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Saddest Rhino posted:

has anyone before of science!/guy mann/sleeveless been completely banned from cinema discusso

SMG should be.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

gamingCaffeinator posted:

More like oldfriendless?

GODDAMMIT

Does anyone have a link to the SuperNintendoChalmers saga? I know it's a thread by criscodisco but I haven't been able to find it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3284277&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

IIRC Icke found out about the anti-semitism thing and was furious, because god drat it, he literally means lizard people from outer space.

yeah, where 99% of the time "lizard people" is a coy reference to conspiracies about jewish world domination, david icke is over here being like "you fools, you morons, don't you see that the shadowy jewish cabal at the center of the financial system is itself a pawn of the transdimensional lizard people!"

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

no, it was an interspecies marriage

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
realtalk if the opportunity came up to be buddies with david icke i would absolutely take it, his passion and dedication to his cause are admirable

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Len posted:

Nah that's Cleretic who hates Fallout 4 because they can't be gay Doctor Who and have to be a straight man/woman with a child

Also it's a dumb quippy one-liner version of a much more nuanced opinion than "game bad because I can't be Doctor Who" but goons gonna goon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It was thread specific but back when the Warhammer threads were in GBS there was a long discussion on a wonderful modeler who went by Doctor Thunder.

You can see is here in this front page article
https://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/miniatures-awards-painting/6/

Reminds me of the Fallout modding thread title, lets put some tits on this Dreadnough!
His background was one of those things that creepy guys who get weird about women think is feminist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i can't be hosed recounting the entire caredresser saga bc he is a friend of mine irl despite being a colossal gently caress up of a human being but I will recount the time he stayed at my house and while i was at work he asked my partner if he could smoke meth inside and she said no and then he went outside and she told him he couldn't smoke meth on our balcony either and he went and smoked meth at a park instead and then went home bc we were mad at him for smoking meth in a park down the road from our house and I remember being sort of shocked into a zen-like state by the koan of "how far would I have to be from your house for you to be comfortable while I smoke meth"