Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Grats Poque!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Poque win the Power of Veto!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
THAT GAME MADE ME WANT TO LITERALLY THROW UP

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Gratz Poque!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Well done Poque!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Congratulations Poque! Please have mercy on me!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's time for the veto ceremony

Poque, as the holder of the power of veto, you may remove one of Mikujin's nominations if you wish, after which Mikujin will need to nominate a new person.

What will you choose to do?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hello again everybody. Things are only getting more difficult from here on out. While I'm happy to have been fortunate enough to be RNGed into the veto competition itself, I'm not happy that ultimately my choice here will reactivate this wretched RNG engine for another round.

I am using the Power of Veto to remove The Lord Of Hats from the nomination block. I know this is going to be an unpopular decision for many houseguests, but I have thought long about this. Please talk to me about it. Your interpretation might not match up with my intent. I say this to everyone but MOST specifically to GGN.

Miku, it's your turn.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mikujin, Poque has vetoed one of your nominations. Please nominate someone new right now.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Poque has spoken, and Lady Luck has chosen a suitable replacement.

##nominate Teland

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

And with the use of the veto and Mikujin's nomination, this meeting is over as well.

Everyone except Mikujin and the two nominated houseguests now must vote for either GenericGirlName or Teland in their confessional using the ##vote syntax before 7PM EST on Sunday. Once your vote is in, you cannot change it.

The eviction will be held on Sunday at 7:30PM EST followed immediately by the HOH challenge at 8PM EST to determine the new HOH. All remaining houseguests except Mikujin, as outgoing HOH, will be participating in the challenge.

The HOH challenge will be a Forums/Discord challenge. It is possible on mobile, but easier on a computer.

The veto meeting is adjourned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome back houseguests. We'll be getting to our eviction is just a little bit.

Since it's been a little while, let's check in with how everyone is doing.

Mikujin, you've publicly talked about how you have used RNG to choose your nominations. What is your reasoning for this strategy and do you think it will help you in weeks to come?

Poque, you won your second power of veto. Are you worried that you'll be seen as a challenge threat?

GenericGirlName and Teland, both of you are on the block tonight. How confident do you feel that you'll be staying? In the event that you go, is there anything you'd like to say?

Sniper, you've been able to play in every competition so far this season. Do you think this gives you an advantage going forward? What do you think you've learned by playing in them all?

TheLordofHats and Mr. Steak, you both were nominated and had the veto used on you. Were either of you expecting it? How does it feel knowing someone else is taking your place?

Kashuno, you've made it further than the last time you played this game. How are things different for you this time around?

curiousCat, there was a lot of thread and house activity after your nominations last week. Now that you're not bound by the HOH room limitations on communication, how has that decision shaken out for you?

Meinberg, with each challenge you lament that you're having trouble keeping up with the quick pace necessary. Do you think this will put you at a disadvantage if you're not going to be as likely to win challenges going forward?

Somberbrero and SalTheBard, coming up on our third eviction, we've settled into the game proper now. What is something you've learned about this game that you weren't expecting?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I've learned it's essential to read the rules and take your time, haste makes waste and you'll come up short! Certainly wouldn't mind giving some other people a change here, haha!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Meinberg, with each challenge you lament that you're having trouble keeping up with the quick pace necessary. Do you think this will put you at a disadvantage if you're not going to be as likely to win challenges going forward?

I'm not as spry as I used to be, and I was never particularly good at challenges at the first place. I reckon that sooner or later it'll become too much of a liability, and that'll be the end of me. All I can hope for is that people realize that I'm not a threat, and at least save me for the end to get rid of.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Well uh. I certainly have a lot smaller hug box than last time

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Poque, you won your second power of veto. Are you worried that you'll be seen as a challenge threat?

I like challenges and I wanna play them, so I'm going to. I won't win them all.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Asiina posted:

GenericGirlName and Teland, both of you are on the block tonight. How confident do you feel that you'll be staying? In the event that you go, is there anything you'd like to say?
I think this will be a close vote. No one I talked to seemed very happy about the choice. I like GGN and I think it's unfortunate that one of us has to go for no particular reason. If I have to go, I don't begrudge anyone their vote, I just hope this is the last randomized nomination of the game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Asiina posted:

curiousCat, there was a lot of thread and house activity after your nominations last week. Now that you're not bound by the HOH room limitations on communication, how has that decision shaken out for you?

I'm... not really sure! It's very difficult for me to say whether my decisions were the correct choice or not last week... but as I'm not on the block now, by whatever means, I have to move forward as if I did something correctly. I think Sal and Steak are both on the path to forgiving me for putting them up -- and if AA hadn't volunteered to go, I'm not sure that would be true. So, thanks AA.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Somberbrero and SalTheBard, coming up on our third eviction, we've settled into the game proper now. What is something you've learned about this game that you weren't expecting?

This feels much different from Survivor. That's something I've learned, does that scan? We can punch it up in post if not. It feels like BB is in some ways less a game about majority since the voting decisions are set ahead of time. It also feels different from Survivor because I like the people here a lot more, not being divided by tribal lines makes it easier to be friends with everyone.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Somberbrero posted:

This feels much different from Survivor. That's something I've learned, does that scan? We can punch it up in post if not. It feels like BB is in some ways less a game about majority since the voting decisions are set ahead of time. It also feels different from Survivor because I like the people here a lot more, not being divided by tribal lines makes it easier to be friends with everyone.

Agreed! Which makes bad votes like these hurt more, I guess. :(

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TheLordofHats and Mr. Steak, you both were nominated and had the veto used on you. Were either of you expecting it? How does it feel knowing someone else is taking your place?
[/quote]

I was not expecting the veto to be used on me at all. I can't believe I went thought such a huge spectrum of emotions in just the first couple "weeks" of the game! I was confused, pissed, then totally resigned to my fate before suddenly being fine, and more motivated than ever to survive. It really does suck though that it directly lead to someone else leaving, but AA volunteering to go makes that a lot easier.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It sounds like it's been a tough week here and one which a lot of people are not looking forward to this particular vote.

However, the show must go on so let's not delay any longer. It's time to get this eviction underway.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Teland.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Teland, one vote GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Teland, one vote GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Teland, two votes GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's three votes Teland, two votes GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's three votes Teland, three votes GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's three votes Teland, four votes GenericGirlName.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

By a vote of 6 to 3, GenericGirlName you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The Assassination of GenericGirlName by the Coward Mikujin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

:emptyquote:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meinberg posted:

public announcement. i will nominate mikujin if i win hoh

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Somberbrero posted:

wowwwww wow

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Meinberg posted:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Goodbye everyone, I know that it wasn't an easy vote, and I appreciate the effort and energy that went into making these glorious vote images. I wish I could say I'm surprised by the numbers, but I am not.

Everyone who has contacted me (and even those who have not!) during the game, feel free to stay in touch outside of the context of this game. You're all swell folks.

namaste.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bye GGN, I really enjoyed shooting the poo poo with you in late night!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's time for the HOH challenge. As always, no talking out of thread until the results are revealed. Mikujin, as outgoing HOH you are ineligible to compete in this week's HOH.

This challenge is called....Chibify.

Rules

1) At 8:05PM, I will post a link to a character creator. You are to use this site to create the most fashionable single character you can.

2) You will have 20 minutes to PM me on discord your finished work (8:25PM EST). Any entries after that time will not count. Your first entry is your only entry, so be sure.

3) Your entries will be anonymously judged by the spectators (they will not know who made which image), and they will vote for their favourite.

4) Do not attempt to sign or otherwise indicate in your image who you are. You should not be able to tell from looking at it who made the image. Don't post it in your confessional or anywhere else. :siren: Only PM it to Me! :siren:

5) Spectators will have 10 minutes to vote. Whichever image has the most votes. its creator will become the new Head of Household.

Note: If the site lags for you, I would recommend using another browser.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 5, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ah, my second greatest nemesis: looking good