Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dune is the best-selling scifi novel of all time. Frank Herbert's novel draws on Arab history, new-age psychedelic experiences, macroeconomics and feudal politics to create a mélange of realistic and fantastical elements. The novel manages to blend alien ecology, power politics, psychic powers, and ruthless economic realities into a narrative both familiar and exotic. This sci-fi masterpiece has been translated into dozens of languages and sold 20 million copies.

In many ways Dune is to science fiction as Lord of the Rings was to fantasy. Frank Herbert brought not only a cool story but a well thought-out future society. Dune is about politics. Dune is about sociology. It's about ecology. It's about economics. It's about religion. It's about empire. Within the genre, it is a Great Work. It has been called the greatest science fiction novel of all time. It has also been called un-film-able.

Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Dune will be the third committed to film. David Lynch's Dune is widely recognized as a compromised masterpiece; the unforgettable art design and memorable performances were manacled to bizarre narrative choices and obsolete visual effects. The Syfy channel made a five hour Dune miniseries that is more faithful to the novel but also fairly cheap by modern standards. The sequel Children of Dune is notable for being James McAvoy's first leading role. Also of note is the abortive Alejandro Jodorowsky adaptation of Dune that was so bizarre it has spawned its own cult following despite never leaving pre-production. To whit:

imdb posted:

Charlotte Rampling, who will star [as Reverend Mohiam] in Denis Villeneuve's upcoming adaptation of the 1965 novel, originally wanted to play Lady Jessica in Alejandro Jodorowsky's failed Dune project, but declined the offer due to a scene that involved 2,000 extras defecating at once.

This time around, Dune is being headed by Canadian director Denis Villeneuve, the director of Sicario, Arrival, and BladeRunner 2049. BladeRunner specifically has been praised for its awesome visuals. Hopefully Dune, with its focus on planetary-scale machinations, will be a perfect fit. Since Villeneuve is directing and producing Dune, it's likely he'll bring the same mix of miniature work and CGI that he did to BladeRunner 2049. Also, Hans Zimmer left a Christopher Nolan project in order to write the score for Dune, which he says is his favorite science fiction novel.

Dune is currently in post-production and is one of the most secretive recent film projects. Principal photography was done in Jordan and has wrapped at this point. Virtually nothing has leaked to the public, not even publicity stills of the leads in costume. EDIT: Publicity stills are now coming out. Recently a few scenes were screened for critics and twitter blew up with cryptic but effusive praise for the project. One reviewer suggested that Dune will be the next Lord of the Rings novel adaptation mega-hit. The shot above is one of the few production stills that have leaked and appears to be a large-scale miniature of a flying machine or spaceship.

https://twitter.com/brianfhclement/status/1218291363369881600

Thematically, Dune focuses on the planet Arrakis itself, known colloquially as Dune. Dune is an entirely hostile planet, covered in desert and consumed by near-constant storms. Yet Dune is also the sole source of a resource known as spice, the key to all economic life in the galactic empire. If this sounds like somewhere on Earth, it should. On Arrakis, the only currencies that matter are precious water, to sustain life on the hostile world, and precious spice, to fuel the imperial economy. Natives wear impermeable water-reclamation systems called stillsuits, while the servants of the ruling class sell their used washing-water at the doors of their estates. Without the spice, interstellar navigation would fail; without the enormous profits of the spice trade, the Emperor and his galaxy-spanning state would choke to death.

Like earlier attempts, Villeneuve's Dune is set to feature a star-studded cast. Confirmed are:

Timothee Chalemet as Paul Atreides. Paul begins his story as the teenage son of Duke Leto Atreides. Paul is an introverted and thoughtful child. He has been trained from early childhood in strategy, politics, personal combat, and mystical arts.

Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides. Duke Leto is the ruler of the bucolic water planet Caladan. He is popular within the space legislature known as the Landsraad, and has built an elite military loyal only to himself.

Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, concubine of Leto Atreides and mother of Paul. Jessica is a mystical counselor from the all-female Bene Gesserit, a secretive and influential religious order.

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen. The Harkonnens are the traditional enemies of the Atreides and have their fief on the nightmare industrial world of Geidi Prime.

Dave Bautista as Rabban Harkonnen, former governor of Arrakis. Up until the start of the narrative, the Harkonnens have had the CHOAM (space WTO) directorship of Arrakis and reaped enormous wealth from oppressing the planet.

Zendaya as Chani, Action Girl and Space Bedouin Waifu.

Also appearing Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, Javier Bardem as Stilgar, and many more. The wikipedia entry for Dune characters is 33 pages long.

Villeneuve plans to adapt Dune into two movies, split probably at the same time the novel time-skips to two years in the future, about halfway through the narrative. The movie series will also spawn a spinoff TV show about the Bene Gesserit order, according to studio sources.

Dune is scheduled to release in December 2020. This thread is a place to get hype, discuss a 1965 book without spoiling plot points older than your parents, and post the odd production still that gets past the studio's media team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MGV0amLfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcxZfufxzCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5iuicj6geE
OCTOBER 21ST - OUT NOW

Let's just head off all the white savior criticism in the OP -

sean10mm posted:

I don't know how much the movie foreshadows where all this ends up, but lol at seeing the Dune novel as a white savior story when the whole point is that the consequences of people buying into all the (implicitly white, European) messiah poo poo is intergalactic genocide.

poo poo, Herbert hammers home the point that Paul being "one of the good ones" has almost no bearing on how it all plays out except at the margins, the "good guy" white savior imperialist protagonist kills billions anyway. Like we literally read Paul's thoughts where just just says it to the reader.

Paul doesn't save the Fremen, he turns them into shell-shocked drug addicts from his forever wars and destroys their culture at home, all because his dad was on the wrong end of a dynastic beef among the space aristocracy.

Herbert wasn't subtle, he just literally has all the poo poo I said happen in the first 2 books or something. Herbert was 1 step away from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7M2jGdnxU

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Dune used show on the SciFi channel all the time back in the early 2000s, and I must have watched it a dozen times. Looking forward to a new take on a weird book.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yeah I mean it's Villeneuve AND Dune? I'm mega hype.

I am genuinely surprised at how little has leaked, will be interesting to see when actual trailers/etc. start coming out, I assume some time soon since the movie comes out this year?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Have to admit, I kind of wish Dave Bautista was playing Gurney Halleck instead of Rabban. I mean Bautista as Rabban will be cool too just in the book Gurney always, just, like I could see Bautista being more of a physical match for Gurney plus he's not like he isn't talented enough to have a bigger role than Rabban.

In general I really like this cast a lot. I saw that Henry V movie (imaginatively titled The King) with Timothee Chalemet in the titular role and he was good.

The past adaptations always feel just a little bloated because of Leto and Paul having basically three different spymasters in Duncan/Gurney/Thufir all three of which are just sort of there. I mean obviously in the book there's much more to each of them than that and they fuckin' rule but the screen time isn't really there and even as a huge fan of the book I wouldn't mind if one of the three was just cut completely for an adaptation.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Not involving Sting, Patrick Stewart and Toto in this movie is a huge mistake.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sting was actually contacted about a cameo! But we don't know if it came to anything.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shbobdb posted:

Not involving Sting, Patrick Stewart and Toto in this movie is a huge mistake.

Have to admit like nothing against Hans Zimmer but I do wish they went a little more out there with the score. Hell they could still use Magma like Jodorowsky wanted I think people would even be down with it outright now.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I still wish an HBO series had been made of this. The book(s) are perfect for prestige TV and I could see it being a big hit ala GoT. And like GoT, there's just so much world building and exposition necessary that a feature film just doesn't cut it. I'm glad to see it's being divided into two, at least.

Also it's interesting that the casting for Feyd is being kept a secret. Though maybe that's because he doesn't even appear until part 2.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I was wondering why the Emperor wasn't cast and then realized that in the novel, he doesn't appear until the last 100 pages. Unlike the David Lynch version, where he's in the first scene.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looking forward to a lot of bad walking

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

I was wondering why the Emperor wasn't cast and then realized that in the novel, he doesn't appear until the last 100 pages. Unlike the David Lynch version, where he's in the first scene.

Lynch plays the Emperor

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

For real???

To add some content, here's a fun fact: Frank Herbert has repeatedly said that the Atreides are supposed to be ethnically Greek. Does this mean something for the racial politics of imperialism in Space Arabia?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This movie will live or die for me depending on how well it gets the characterization correct. The 1984 film stripped Paul Atreides of any of his personality from the book, and it was so frustrating and disappointing. On top of leaving out just a ton of really good scenes that bring Arrakis to life.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I hate that the Lynch version lacks so much cool poo poo and characterization but the part where (most of the dialogue at least is from the book) the baron finishes talking about the plan building up to screaming "IT IS I! BARON VLADIMIR HARKKONEN, WHO ENCOMPASSES HIS DOOM!!!" before ripping out that dude's heart plug and feeding on him and then floats around laughing maniacally for like a minute straight as prog organ music is blasting is loving amazing. :perfect:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Also having seen Jodowsky rant about ecology and colonialism first hand, they should unironically get him to play a completely nuts version of Liet Kynes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

I hate that the Lynch version lacks so much cool poo poo and characterization but the part where (most of the dialogue at least is from the book) the baron finishes talking about the plan building up to screaming "IT IS I! BARON VLADIMIR HARKKONEN, WHO ENCOMPASSES HIS DOOM!!!" before ripping out that dude's heart plug and feeding on him and then floats around laughing maniacally for like a minute straight as prog organ music is blasting is loving amazing. :perfect:

Absolute truth. There are some amazing visuals and dialog in that film.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'll always maintain that the Lynch Dune is a bad adaptation of the book, but a loving awesome movie in and of itself.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lynch's Dune is a sprawling mess, but the Toto soundtrack and HR Giger art design is too cool to pass up. I doubt future adaptations will ever completely escape the look of the Dune universe that Giger and Lynch established.

It was crazy of Lynch to decide that what Dune needed is even more sub-plots.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Any ideas as to when we might get the first teaser/trailer for this? I saw some speculation that it might be within the next two months but nothing concrete.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh cool, I forgot this was coming. I’m about to start reading the book for the first time (finally decided it was time).

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
That's one hell of a cast list.

Put me down as pretty excited about this. Book is awesome (though I've never finished the whole series), maybe it's time for another read through.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Egbert Souse posted:

Lynch plays the Emperor

"HEADING OVER TO ARRAKEEN, DUNE. WHOLE LOT OF SHAKIN' GOING ON ON DUNE!"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dune is probably my favorite book ever and I can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a movie. I didn't know they were going to split it in two films, which is probably smart even if I'd argue that their proposed split point is 2/3 through the book and not halfway.

Also the documentary about the Jodorowsky adaptation is pretty neat if you're curious, I think you can rent it on YouTube. They left out my favorite bit about the emperor (cast as Salvador Dali!) riding around on a giant throne with built-in toilets.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 20, 2020

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's amazing how much I want to see Hayden Christensen as Feyd-Rautha

"I don't like sand..."

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Every time I think of rewatching Dune I remember the Harkonnen bits. It's just so unnecessarily gross. Also pretty undeniable gay-bashing, since the Baron is the only out character and they made him absolutely revolting, far more so than in the books where he's just fat and cruel.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Arglebargle III posted:

Lynch's Dune is a sprawling mess, but the Toto soundtrack and HR Giger art design is too cool to pass up. I doubt future adaptations will ever completely escape the look of the Dune universe that Giger and Lynch established.

It was crazy of Lynch to decide that what Dune needed is even more sub-plots.

For sure. I believe some of the ships/etc. in it were "canonized" as Herbert used the Lynch movie as the basis for describing some stuff in Heretics and Chapterhouse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Any ideas as to when we might get the first teaser/trailer for this? I saw some speculation that it might be within the next two months but nothing concrete.

Nothing yet, i'm extremely impatient for this. I would think it would be very soon though. Sometime this spring if the movie is getting a December release.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

My biggest gripe about the previous adaptations are how weirdly hostile all the Atreides folk are to Paul. Thufir is properly angry with Paul for sitting with his back to the door, Gurney is mortally offended at Paul not being in the mood for sword fighting etc. But these are the most loyal and dedicated Atreides followers, probably the most loyal in the galaxy. You disrespect the Duke and Gurney will knock your teeth out before Leto even has a chance to be offended.

Yeah, there was some tension in those scenes in the book, but it felt more like a friendly teacher winding up a precocious kid to make a point. Basically I want the first twenty minutes to be a massive bro-fest so that there's some actual emotional impact when things start to fall apart.

Also I really want an extended sequence of Kynes' mad visions in the desert, arguing with his dead dad about ecology.

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm actually hoping for a much more restrained Baron. My favourite bit in the book is where he's getting pissed with Feyd for getting carried away with his dasterdly plots. "now, rape and murder are all good fun, but don't let that get in the way of actually achieving glorious revenge. Now, as punishment, I'm gonna make you strangle your favourite concubine"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I made this post up for the GBS Dune thread:

Dune Casting:
House Atriedes:
Duke Leto Atriedes

Jurgen Prochnow - Lynch

William Hurt - Series

Oscar Isaac - Villeneuve

Lady Jessica

Francesca Annis - Lynch

Saskia Reeves - Series

Alice Krige - Children of Dune

Rebecca Ferguson - Villeneuve

Paul Atriedes

Kyle MacLachlan- Lynch

Alec Newman - Series

Timothee Chalamet - Villeneuve

Gourney Halleck

Patrick Stewart - Lynch

P.H. Moriarty - Series

Josh Brolin - Villeneuve

Duncan Idaho

Richard Jordan - Lynch

James Watson - Series

Edward Atterton - Children of Dune

Jason Momoa - Villeneuve

Thufir Hawat

Freddie Jones - Lynch

Jan Vlasak - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Wellington Yueh

Dean Stockwell - Lynch

Robert Russell - Series

Chang Chen - Villeneuve

Alia

Alicia Witt - Lynch

Laura Burton - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

House Harkonnen:
Baron Vladmir Harkonnen

Kenneth McMillan - Lynch

Ian McNeice - Series

Stellan Skarsgard - Villeneuve

Piter DeVries

Brad Dourif - Lynch

Jan Unger - Series

David Dastmalchian - Villeneuve

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen

Sting - Lynch

Matt Keeslar - Series

TBD-Villeneuve

Glossu Beast Rabban

Paul L Smith - Lynch

Laszlo Kish - Series

David Bautista - Villeneuve

Fremen:
Stilgar

Everett McGill - Lynch

Uwe Ochsenknecht - Series

Steven Berkoff - Children of Dune

Javier Bardem - Villeneuve

Chani

Sean Young - Lynch

Barbora Kodetova - Series

Zendaya - Villeneuve

Liet Kynes

Max Von Sidow - Lynch

Karel Dobry - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Shadout Mapes

Linda Hunt - Lynch

Jaroslava Siktancova - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Jamis

Judd Omen - Lynch

Christopher Lee Brown - Series

Babs Olusanmokun - Villeneuve

Harah

Molly Wryn - Lynch (Alan Smythee version)
N/A - Series

Gloria Obianyo - Villeneuve

House Corrino:
Padisha Emperor Shaddam IV

Jose Ferrer - Lynch

Giancarlo Gianni - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Princess Irulan

Virgina Madsen - Lynch

Julie Cox - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Hasmimir Fenrig

N/A - Lynch

Miroslav Taborsky - Series

TBD - Villeneuve

Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Sian Phillips - Lynch

Zuzana Geislerova - Series

Charlotte Rampling - Villeneuve

Stephen McKinley Henderson - Probably Hawat, but no confirmation.

Shannon Duncan Brewster - Rumored to be Mapes, or possibly Kynes

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Want to see Dave Bautista crush a beetle in a little plastic juicebox so bad.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Gender swapping Liet Kynes would add a dimension to everyone underestimating him/her.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

The past adaptations always feel just a little bloated because of Leto and Paul having basically three different spymasters in Duncan/Gurney/Thufir all three of which are just sort of there. I mean obviously in the book there's much more to each of them than that and they fuckin' rule but the screen time isn't really there and even as a huge fan of the book I wouldn't mind if one of the three was just cut completely for an adaptation.

If you’re just filming the first book, then Idaho would be the one to cut. He doesn’t really do anything and dies about halfway through. Except of course that he comes back..and back..and back...in the books, to the post where even Frank Herbert made a bit of a joke about it in the later books, and the lovely spin offs by Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson made him the ultimate Kwizatz Haderach.

Neo Rasa posted:

For sure. I believe some of the ships/etc. in it were "canonized" as Herbert used the Lynch movie as the basis for describing some stuff in Heretics and Chapterhouse.

Think the Guild Navigator designs were also canonised in the Brian Herbert books. They had a character who trained as a Navigator, and it had him mutating the first time he used spice to fold space. They didn’t go into much detail about how it mutated him, but the detail they did give tied up pretty well with the Lynch version.

Hemp Knight fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 20, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Please don't discuss the Brian Herbert books in here.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Arglebargle III posted:

Please don't discuss the Brian Herbert books in here.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004
I do apologise.

//banishes himself to Salusa Secundus

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hemp Knight posted:

If you’re just filming the first book, then Idaho would be the one to cut. He doesn’t really do anything and dies about halfway through.

I think Gurney would be the one to cut. He barely does anything, from memory he trains Paul a bit and sings a song early on, and then serves as an infodump at one later point.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

u brexit ukip it posted:

I think Gurney would be the one to cut. He barely does anything, from memory he trains Paul a bit and sings a song early on, and then serves as an infodump at one later point.

Doesn't he shut down the Harkonnen shield during the assault (or am I conflating that with just the Lynch movie)?

edit: poo poo, that's Thufir I'm thinkin of. Disregard.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm actually hoping for a much more restrained Baron. My favourite bit in the book is where he's getting pissed with Feyd for getting carried away with his dasterdly plots. "now, rape and murder are all good fun, but don't let that get in the way of actually achieving glorious revenge. Now, as punishment, I'm gonna make you strangle your favourite concubine"

I'm torn with this, honestly thinking it now I agree with you. I didn't realize it was going to be two movies and it'd be great if they are able to have a Baron portrayed the way it's said Leto suspects where he's a low key tactical genius that's more than happy to seem like an affable glutton when he's at court.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

My biggest gripe about the previous adaptations are how weirdly hostile all the Atreides folk are to Paul. Thufir is properly angry with Paul for sitting with his back to the door, Gurney is mortally offended at Paul not being in the mood for sword fighting etc. But these are the most loyal and dedicated Atreides followers, probably the most loyal in the galaxy. You disrespect the Duke and Gurney will knock your teeth out before Leto even has a chance to be offended.

Yeah, there was some tension in those scenes in the book, but it felt more like a friendly teacher winding up a precocious kid to make a point. Basically I want the first twenty minutes to be a massive bro-fest so that there's some actual emotional impact when things start to fall apart.

This is super true and I know why it happens, because on some level the people acting the parts/writing the scripts/etc. already know what happens, and surely that can effect stuff. Like these scenes play out in the adaptations as if they're angrily preparing Paul for the next hour and a half because they know they're going to get taken out rather than the more routine kind of training it feels like in the book.

It's why the Harkonnen party/arena scene isn't really a thing either. Feyd-Rauthra/the Baron/etc. are never written as if they're going to die at the end like you very very very obviously can perceive in big budget movies often with characters that won't make it. Like the Baron feels like a legit major threat right up until he first meets the Emperor at the end, Feyd isn't a huge character in the story overall, but he's built up again like he's going to be hot poo poo and potentially the emperor and all this stuff. Even Rabban, like he's not a complete moron in the book and the Baron even questions himself for thinking that as the story goes on and Rabban seems more perceptive than he expected about his plans.

Basically I'm hoping that with this being two movies, I mean I love the new Blade Runner flick but I hope Villeneuve uses all that time to develop these folks more instead of just showing extended establishing shots.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also I really want an extended sequence of Kynes' mad visions in the desert, arguing with his dead dad about ecology.

I know I said this before but having seen him speak a couple of years ago, I unironically think Jodorowsky himself would be the best Kynes ever. Like don't even give him a script just have someone out of frame say "Hey I heard that understanding the environment is important if people want to live but I don't really buy that" with no context just film him going off. He directed biopic of himself called Endless Poetry and it's fuckin' nuts, like his two sons play him or/and his father at different points in it, there's points where he himself walks into the frame and argues with his younger self arguing with his dad. I fuckin' loved that movie. It's easily the most Jodorowsky thing that will ever happen and then even better as he still has the self awareness to portray himself as a pretentious clown (literally at times as he was professional clown at one point) too.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 20, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can't wait to see fat Stellan Skarsgard, even though Ian McNeice will always be Baron Harkonnen to me.

E: I hope they shoot all of the scenes on Giedi Prime using Dutch angles like in the SyFy series, I watched that for the first time in 15 years a few years ago and it was such a weird but enjoyable touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

So hyped, been waiting for a proper DUNE production and Denis is perfect. I do fear that modern audiences might dodge it though. Blade Runner did well but I think it was because it was a Sequel to an established name.