Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Burns posted:

To say that anime is good is just plain false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Akira is a good movie

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

revwinnebago posted:

The problem today is that almost every new anime sexualizes 12-year-olds and normalizes incest and gently caress that fandom to hell.

:wtf: have you been watching??!?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

piratepilates posted:

Akira is a good movie

How far along is your upskirt girl figurine cum jar?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

revwinnebago posted:

The problem today is that almost every new anime sexualizes 12-year-olds and normalizes incest and gently caress that fandom to hell.

but enough about star wars

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

hard counter posted:

but enough about star wars Indiana Jones

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lobsterminator posted:

I really liked Twin Peaks season 3 when it ran, but don't think I'd want to watch it again for some considerable time. It got pretty slow in the middle, but the high points were really high.

I would like to see RLM tell me what is the right opinion to have about it.
I've rewatched Twin Peaks season 3 and it's great hth

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol. Thats a question of medium i suppose.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Loving the amounts of Lynch and Anime this last page has.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

If you like cartoons, one punch man is good and also My hero academy. They are very un-anime-like

99% of all other anime is most assuredly hot garbage for braindamaged trash and the people who watch it should be sequestered except they already are, by themselves, in dark basements where no life can thrive, fortunately

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Fartbox posted:

If you like cartoons, one punch man is good and also My hero academy. They are very un-anime-like

99% of all other anime is most assuredly hot garbage for braindamaged trash and the people who watch it should be sequestered except they already are, by themselves, in dark basements where no life can thrive, fortunately

hey guys let me give you a list of my favourite anime but by the way anime sucks!!!

please like me

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fartbox posted:

I'd say MHA is the most anime thing to ever anime.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I only watch media from America like a real American, Hollywood people are all upstanding gentlemen unlike what those godless foreign perverts in non American countries.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only anime worth reading is Junji Ito.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

My favourite anime

https://youtu.be/0SWt6OQ4Nl4

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

anime is good

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
Akira
Ghost in the shell
Streetfighter 2
Perfect blue
Paprika
Spirited away

all good moopies I would like a re:view of

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Have we considered that the samsara of anime -> jenny -> star wars -> anime and so on may be the richly deserved karma of all thread posters. What we must have done in a past life to deserve this has to give pause

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best anime is the one where you gently caress off to your quarantine sub and then kill your parents and yourself

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The best anime is the one where you gently caress off to your quarantine sub and then kill your parents and yourself

This sub was made for me!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Wait. I thought submarines are only for killing journalists in.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Jack, Jenny and anime are all terrible things talked about in this thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

luchajones posted:

Jack, Jenny and anime are all terrible things talked about in this thread

Forgot the third J.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Fartbox posted:

both of those are very anime-like, you're just afraid of saying you like anime

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 20, 2020

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

Forgot the third J.

Jay?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Anybody else see Dragged Across Concrete? I thought Mel Gibson was quite good in it, which is nice to see, but overall I just found it pretty aggressively unpleasant and provocative in a negative sense, like you expect the writer/director to pop out from behind your tv and say "I hope you're not triggered, bitch, I know this will be a little EXTREME for some folks." Disappointing stuff from the guy who made Bone Tomahawk.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Giant robots good. Anime bad.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

How the hell did Dolittle cost 175mil to make!?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

computer animalms and therapy for rdj

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

luchajones posted:

How the hell did Dolittle cost 175mil to make!?

I bet it's at least $40 million for RDJ right up front. Add the voice cast and what I assume are fully CG animals and it adds up really quick. I think there were also extensive re-shoots?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
DoLittle

SpendMore

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i mostly agree with Jay only Oblivion is my guilty pleasure Kosinski film

its so pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHyM7JELGo

also i didnt realize until recently that he's doing the new Top Gun. wild.

Durf fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 20, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Durf posted:

its so pretty

The sound design for the drone things rules. The movie is pretty goofy but I dig it.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Durf posted:

its so pretty

Oblivion would be a lot better if the whole cast has only 2-4 actors. I don't even care what the stupid twist is.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

like Legacy the middle kinda drags (but not nearly as bad), and without the resistance we wouldnt get Morgan Freeman or the sequence of the drones effortlessly annihilating their base

its kinda fun because Kosinski is a concept and technical artist first and foremost, who comes up with rationales for the visuals after the fact. the movie was even pitched via a 'comic' that was basically a dozen matte paintings that never made it past the initial pitch format.

as a result you get the moon's destruction turning america into iceland and the resistance disguising themselves as quadruped monsters for reasons, but who cares it looks cool and keeps the story going

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hard counter posted:

can't wait for gundam wang

From left to right: Jack, Rich, Mike, Jay, Josh

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Oblivion is a really rad movie that's not great, but something about the visuals is so compelling that I love watching it.

They had a whole wraparound projection screens for the sky outside of the floating apartment, so they could get accurate lighting on all of the surfaces in that apartment you know.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

piratepilates posted:

Oblivion is a really rad movie that's not great, but something about the visuals is so compelling that I love watching it.

They had a whole wraparound projection screens for the sky outside of the floating apartment, so they could get accurate lighting on all of the surfaces in that apartment you know.

I loved the look of the first half (?) but as soon as he meets the other faction I remember thinking it looked bad/generic. Maybe part of it was Jaime Lannister completely taking me out of the movie

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hard counter posted:

can't wait for gundam wang
are those hitler youth uniforms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

piratepilates posted:

is that the one that's basically Moon but bad