Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

GulagDolls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahx5Jqu9d6w&t=2179s

this is what i meant when i said he's a grifter. guy just panders to the somehow still living anti-sjw crowd. its impossible to know how much of that poo poo he really believes b/c he's a huge coward.

his debate with destiny, another guy who might not actually have any real beliefs, was pretty funny. destiny made him retreat on pretty much every point he made.
imo it's immaterial if he really believes in it because he relies on and fosters an audience that absolutely does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Plus she is well written, Hell all of the characters in that game are.

I heard that shows good.

It really is, and if Kevin Smith is smart (:lol:) he'll ape the writing style and visual design for his own Netflix He-Man show.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the new she-ra is very good yes, especially the latter seasons.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

nine-gear crow posted:

It really is, and if Kevin Smith is smart (:lol:) he'll ape the writing style and visual design for his own Netflix He-Man show.

netflix he-man is supposed to have an anime style, and while i was disappointed to find out that the same people who made new she-ra won't be writing it i think there's no reason to just preemptively dunk on kevin smith before we even see what he comes up with

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nine-gear crow posted:

it's that or a scene of he-man confessing to man-at-arms that he pissed himself the first time he met skeletor.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/status/2554608773

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

:hmmyes:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Also its a childrend cartoon there is absolutely no reason to make 4 hour long videos about how its ruined by sjws while red fsce screaming or to point about hownits actually a really good shownheres a video essay analyzing the intricacies that mske thr villains so sympathetic jfc

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Phillby posted:

Genuinely amazing to see people mad about the new thundercats for... making a show that copies the style of other contemporary popular kids shows. What next a transformers show with a tie in toy line??? Why cant things be how they were in the 80s?!?

That one wasn't entirely unjustified; The preview video rang more as "I want to do a contemporary popular kids cartoon that'll be popular and I like Thundercats", than just "I want to make a new Thundercats cartoon" given the relatively drama-oriented nature of the original show and previous reboot. Still good for the guy getting to make his own show and all, just that negative fan response isn't entirely unjustified in this instance.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RottenK posted:

netflix he-man is supposed to have an anime style, and while i was disappointed to find out that the same people who made new she-ra won't be writing it i think there's no reason to just preemptively dunk on kevin smith before we even see what he comes up with

I mean there are tons of reasons to pre-dunk on Smith but if there is one thing he can do it's 80's pop culture stuff so yea I'm willing to give him a fair shake to see what he can do.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated style blend of genuine action/plot with self aware gags and all, and that's something firmly in Smith's wheelhouse, so if he just does that I'll call it a win.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

kevin smith is the weezer of film makers

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I mean there are tons of reasons to pre-dunk on Smith but if there is one thing he can do it's 80's pop culture stuff so yea I'm willing to give him a fair shake to see what he can do.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated style blend of genuine action/plot with self aware gags and all, and that's something firmly in Smith's wheelhouse, so if he just does that I'll call it a win.

I'm also being a bit preformatively harsh on him here. Dude directed a couple of episodes of The Flash and Supergirl and they were some of the best stuff either show has done. Dude's perfectly fine on a per-item basis, it's just in the aggregate he's kind of... Kevin Smith.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm also being a bit preformatively harsh on him here. Dude directed a couple of episodes of The Flash and Supergirl and they were some of the best stuff either show has done. Dude's perfectly fine on a per-item basis, it's just in the aggregate he's kind of... Kevin Smith.

yea I will confess on the whole I probably like more of Smith's output than I don't if we're counting comics and episodes of shows and all, he's just...so easy to dunk on...

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1219273843593838593

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1219295244816134154

:discourse:

Context: Bob is whining about Bernie not respecting the NYT enough lol

Edit: Bob always wonders why people he respects like Hbomb call him out. I really wish he would listen to them...

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1219301443766824961

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1219395625621606401

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 21, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is bob against medicare for all because the jocks will get access to medicine?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Probably

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The algorithm’s been recommending me The Quartering videos pretty aggressively. He’s got that nazi look about him. Is he one?

Hambly once tried to submit an article to the Daily Stormer, which was rejected. It was about the SJWs infesting Magic: The Gathering or something. He is a transcendentally lovely human being and should be ignored at all costs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

probably. bob has the problem that he hates the enimeie(or perceived enemies in his case) more than he wants to find/make solutions. i get it. i genuinly hate various people in congress and goverment right now. but i dont blame the average GOP voter or poor/rural person for it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RottenK posted:

the new she-ra is very good yes, especially the latter seasons.

cool. personally it doesnt look like my thing(if i had a kid sure) but its nice to see that its good.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

RottenK posted:

the only good thing that came out of the 3rd birthday is the LP of it by Woolie of the former Super Best Friends, in which you can hear a man's soul die.

Oh poo poo, I knew about the TDI LP, but I didn't know Woolie had gotten around to it, too.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That one wasn't entirely unjustified; The preview video rang more as "I want to do a contemporary popular kids cartoon that'll be popular and I like Thundercats", than just "I want to make a new Thundercats cartoon" given the relatively drama-oriented nature of the original show and previous reboot. Still good for the guy getting to make his own show and all, just that negative fan response isn't entirely unjustified in this instance.
It is not a great betrayal that the toy comercial you liked as a kid is now targeting children who buy toys with a thing just like all the other shows they seem to enjoy is the point I'm trying to make. Let the kids have their goofy fun jokes show your goofy fun drama show from the 80s won't stop existing.

Talking generally here, not directly at you btw.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Also what the gently caress is it with the idea that making a thing that will be popular is some evil deception? Like they tried not doing that once already in 2011 and it got cancelled.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Phillby posted:

It is not a great betrayal that the toy comercial you liked as a kid is now targeting children who buy toys with a thing just like all the other shows they seem to enjoy is the point I'm trying to make. Let the kids have their goofy fun jokes show your goofy fun drama show from the 80s won't stop existing.

Talking generally here, not directly at you btw.

Oh yeah, I totally agree it existing isn't some great offense. Just that the original video has the creator walk through it all like "I liked Thundercats as a kid, I get what made it good, I'm making this as a show for Thundercats fans" and the fanbase that he's supposedly addressing replying "No you didn't" isn't really an unexpected response.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I couldn't finish the Woolie LP of Third Birthday because the other guy kept talking about how much he loved the game and being a creep about the main character.

Maybe he was doing a bit I didn't get. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MonsieurChoc posted:

I couldn't finish the Woolie LP of Third Birthday because the other guy kept talking about how much he loved the game and being a creep about the main character.

I feel the need to reiterate that said character is a child artificially aged to twenty. Third Birthday is really, really bad

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Didn't the TheDarkId do a LP of Third Birthday that wasn't crap? I think he did.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

At the end, when Woolie has been fully destroyed by the reality of the game, Minh pulls off the mask and reveals that he actually loving hates the game and thinks it's trash. He only pretended to like the game so that he could inflict it upon Woolie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Crocoswine posted:

At the end, when Woolie has been fully destroyed by the reality of the game, Minh pulls off the mask and reveals that he actually loving hates the game and thinks it's trash. He only pretended to like the game so that he could inflict it upon Woolie.

A Master at work.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The game dialogue features one instance of the word nubile, exactly one more than what is appropriate.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Never say Kevin Smith hasn't made art.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

watho posted:

being honest about being horny is better than trying to justify the design but it’s still really gross and out of place

Actually its pretty sweet.

*Self-destructs 9S' pants right off of him*

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

FoldableHuman posted:

Never say Kevin Smith hasn't made art.

That is truly the American tail videogame of tweets

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

nine-gear crow posted:

Pixel Dan did an interview with him, and he almost literally said he won't "Kevin Smith" it up. This was at a He-Man convention and it was nice of him to imply Pixel Dan was a bigger star than him there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPxr2fhLAk

Bad Wolf fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 21, 2020

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Kevin Smith all around seems like a decent dude who sometimes can resist the urge to disappear entirely up his own rear end and Sometimes... can’t.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Quarterting does Le epic soyface

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I wish I had time to watch She Ra, Dragon Prince and so on. I binged the Witcher and most of the new Stranger Things season.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Was it The Quartering who got kicked out of a like MtG con for being a giant shithead?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yes and yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That was the first time I'd ever heard of him and it really set the tone for his entire career trajectory. "Man kicked out of card game con because he couldn't stop being the dumbest man in whatever room he walked in."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dislike him greatly, and if i can say that while being the guy least versed on internet personalities in the thread i think it legit speaks to how repellent he is.